Prizes and Awards
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013
Our hotel has been awarded with the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the second year running. A prestigious recognition based on its users' opinions, who rate our hotel through their reviews. It is, without a doubt, an exceptional achievement to win this award again after obtaining it in 2012.
This Certificate of Excellence is only awarded to the best hotels. That is why we are sharing our pride over this achievement and thanking you for choosing us. We hope to continue being your favourite hotel and will strive to satisfy your expectations this year and in the years to come.
Thank you for making us worthy of this award!
AAA 4-Diamond Rating
Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe hotel has received the 4 Diamond AAA rating.
An award granted to hotels that comply with the quality and luxury standards required by the organisation and which recognises the establishment's quality levels. Naturally the hotel is very proud of this award.
Is a highly acclaimed company created by CRT (the Tequila Regulatory Council), CENIT (the National Chamber for the Tequila Industry) and other institutions involved with tequila and services offered to hotels, restaurants, bars, event and function rooms, as well as other establishments, distributors and points of sale. All participants are granted certification and the distinctive symbol once they have complied with the necessary requirements. It promotes the consumption of certified authentic tequila, by brand. The health of consumers is protected against adulterated or fake tequila brands.
The "H" distinction is granted by Mexico's Tourism and Government Health bodies to establishments that comply with the Mexican hygiene standard NMX-F605 NORMEX 2004.
The evaluation is carried out in the following key areas:
· Reception of Food
· Handling of chemical products
· Refrigeration and Freezing
· Eating area
· Food preparation
· Service area
· Water and ice
· Sanitary services for employees
· Treatment of waste
· Pest control
This guarantees the commitment to guests by Barceló Hotels in the preparation and service of food and beverages.
Developed as a Health/Hygiene Prevention Programme, with the objective of reducing the main health risks associated with the water used and foods prepared and served in the establishment. The hotels in the Barceló Group have carried out health/hygiene audits, based on protocols and controls of over 250 points in compliance with the WHO (World Health Organisation) guidelines.
Download the award
This programme is focused on the areas of food and beverages, the prevention of Legionnaires' disease, health safety and control of swimming pools and on-going training.
This is the certification that promotes sustainable tourism, based on working without harming the environment, and which appears in an industry action plan for a series of global objectives. We maintain a responsible attitude to protecting the environment, by taking actions that provide benefits today and remain in place tomorrow.
All the staff we train at the hotel must contribute to:
· Energy saving
· Separation of waste
· Use of biodegradable chemical products
· Respecting plants and animals
The “S” Distinctive is the new certification promoted by the Secretary of Tourism that recognises good practices in the development of tourist projects and the commitment of hospitality companies operating in Mexico with the highest environmental standards.
The Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel is committed to sustainable operations and the protection of the environment. For this reason it adopts the following environmental policy:
· To reduce the contamination caused to the environment through its activities, products and services
· To maximise the efficiency of energy consumption
· To promote adequate waste management
· To protect the community's wildlife, flora and fauna
· To establish measures for fostering local economic development
· To contribute to the community's cultural development
In order to carry out these measures the Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe adopts the following measures:
· To comply with the applicable and voluntary laws to which its activities are subscribed
· To implement controls for measuring energy consumption
· To guarantee the use and disposal of waste generated by the hotel
· To train its staff on matters of sustainable development
· To involve the community and guests in local culture and sustainable development
· To implement an environmental management system that ensures compliance with this policy
· All members of staff of the Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe hotel, through the Management, are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
ECPAT International is a global network of organisations and individuals working together in coordination with the DIF for the elimination of child prostitution, child pornography and the trafficking of children for sexual purposes. Through the generation of knowledge, political incidents, training, legal reforms and initiatives, it seeks to strengthen the law and ensure that children everywhere retain their fundamental rights, free from all forms of sexual exploitation.