Prizes and awards
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
Our hotel has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the fourth year running. This is a particularly important recognition, as it is based on the opinions of users whose feedback sets our hotel apart. It is undoubtedly an exceptional achievement to win this award again, after receiving it in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
We would like to thank all of our visitors who have made this award possible.
AAA 4-Diamond Rating
Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe hotel has received the 4 Diamond AAA rating.
An award granted to hotels that comply with the quality and luxury standards required by the organisation and which recognises the establishment’s quality levels. Naturally the hotel is very proud of this award.
It is a highly prestigious company created by the Tequila Regulatory Council (CRT), the National Tequila Industry Chamber (CENIT) and institutions involved with tequila. It provides hotels, restaurants, bars, rooms for functions and shows, as well as other establishments, distributors and points of sale, with a certificate and the distinctive symbol which show that they have fulfilled the company’s requirements.
It promotes the consumption of certified authentic tequila, by brand. The health of consumers is protected against adulterated or fake tequila brands.
The "H" distinction is granted by Mexico's Tourism and Government Health bodies to establishments that comply with the Mexican hygiene standard NMX-F605 NORMEX 2004.
The evaluation is carried out in the following key areas:
· Reception of Food
· Handling of chemical products
· Refrigeration and Freezing
· Eating area
· Food preparation
· Service area
· Water and ice
· Sanitary services for employees
· Waste treatment
· Pest control
This is a guarantee to guests that the Barceló hotel is committed to quality food and beverage preparation and service.
Developed as a Health/Hygiene Prevention Programme, with the objective of reducing the main health risks associated with the water used and foods prepared and served in the establishment. The hotels in the Barceló Group have carried out health/hygiene audits, based on protocols and controls of over 250 points in compliance with the WHO (World Health Organisation) guidelines.
Download the award
This programme is focused on the areas of food and beverages, the prevention of Legionnaires' disease, health safety and control of swimming pools and on-going training.
This is the certification that promotes sustainable tourism, based on working without harming the environment, and which appears in an industry action plan for a series of global objectives. We maintain a responsible attitude to protecting the environment, by taking actions that provide benefits today and remain in place tomorrow.
Earth Check Gold Certificate
All staff we train at the hotel must contribute to:
· Energy saving
· Waste separation
· Use of biodegradable chemical products
· Respecting plants and animals
The “S” Distinctive is the new certification promoted by the Secretary of Tourism that recognises good practices in the development of tourist projects and the commitment of hospitality companies operating in Mexico with the highest environmental standards.
The Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel is committed to sustainable operations and the protection of the environment. For this reason it adopts the following environmental policy:
· To reduce the contamination caused to the environment through its activities, products and services
· To maximise the efficiency of energy consumption
· To promote adequate waste management
· To protect the community's wildlife, flora and fauna
· To establish measures for fostering local economic development
· Contribute to the community’s cultural development
In order to carry out these initiatives, the Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe adopts the following measures:
· To comply with the applicable and voluntary laws to which its activities are subscribed
· To implement controls for measuring energy consumption
· To guarantee the use and disposal of waste generated by the hotel
· To train its staff on matters of sustainable development
· To involve the community and guests in local culture and sustainable development
· To implement an environmental management system that ensures compliance with this policy
· All members of staff of the Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe hotel, through the Management, are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
ECPAT International is a global network of organisations and individuals working together in coordination with the DIF for the elimination of child prostitution, child pornography and the trafficking of children for sexual purposes. Through the generation of knowledge, political incidents, training, legal reforms and initiatives, it seeks to strengthen the law and ensure that children everywhere retain their fundamental rights, free from all forms of sexual exploitation.