Excursions in Cancún
Guests of the Occidental Costa Cancún Resort
can enjoy the beautiful surroundings, as well as an incredible range of services that ensure a unique holiday. In this magnificent all inclusive resort, there are beautiful swimming pools, spas and exercise facilities, first rate restaurants, and sophisticated bars and function rooms. Guests enjoy access to a large variety of water sports and night-time shows. It is not necessary for you to leave the resort to have a wonderful and relaxing holiday.
Cancún: excursions to historical ruins
For guests who want to go out and experience the beauty of the surrounding areas of Cancún, Occidental Costa Cancún offers fantastic memorable excursions which you are sure to love:
· The most famous local destination is called Chichen Itzá, an archaeological site that contains ruins of one of the most popular, diverse and important cities of the ancient Mayan culture. There are tours to the site that include transport, a guided bilingual tour, entrance to the ruins, as well as food and beverages.
· Excursions to the archaeological ruins of Ek Balam and the old Mayan city are also available. Ek Balam contains historical ruins as well as impressive cenotes, which are underground geological formations for which this part of Mexico is famous. Excursions to Ek Balam include options to swim and snorkel in the cenote, as well as activities such as a zip wire and bungee jumping.
Cancún: excursions in nature
For guests who wish to enjoy the natural surroundings, the Barceló excursions to the local tropical rainforests are simply a must.
From the comfort of a Mercedes Benz 4x4 vehicle, the participants experience what it is like to live in this amazing habitat, while kayaking, rappelling or hiking through the jungle.
Another marvellous eco-adventure is to take a day trip to Xcaret, an adventure nature reserve located at a short distance from Cancun, in the Riviera Maya. Xcaret offers its visitors tours on the underground rivers of the ancient jungle, all in the pristine environment along the Caribbean coastline.
An exciting adventure to Isla Mujeres is also available, which includes meals and snacks, drinks and an excursion on a catamaran along a beautiful coral reef.
At Barceló Costa Cancún, Mexico, we are very proud to offer our guests the comfort of a first class resort, with access to an exciting variety of excursions in Cancun, which ensure an unforgettable experience in this fantastic place.
Transfers and Excursions
Vacaciones Barceló is part of the Barceló Group and is the Official Agency of Barceló Hotels & Resorts. Currently, there are offices in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Costa Rica and Argentina.
Vacaciones Barceló offers you trip and excursion services that you can request when you book your hotel on Barcelo.com and pay for when you arrive at the destination.
Mexico Office. Barceló Maya Caribe. Ctra. Federal Chetumal-Puerto Juárez Km. 266.3, Mexico
Telephone: 0052 998 1931960
Fax: 0052 998 1931965
Our fully qualified staff, who will offer you the warm and friendly reception you will receive from all of the staff at Barceló Hotels & Resorts, offer you:
· Airport pick-up
· Assistance at the hotel
· Confirmation of the times of booked flights
To book your transfer when you are booking your stay, include the following information in the Additional Requests section:
· First name and surname of each person
· Arrival and departure flight numbers
· Payment method
Terms and conditions
· It is important that we receive the information about your flights 48 hours in advance, otherwise it will not be possible to plan the transfer
· One suitcase per passenger. All luggage exceeding one suitcase, including golf, surfing, fishing, cycling equipment etc., will be considered and charged as (an) extra passenger(s), as long as you have notified us of this during the booking process. If you arrive with excess luggage without previously informing us, the transfer will be seen to be a private transfer and charged accordingly
· The service times for group transfers are from 8.00 to 21.00 (Mexican time). All arrival and departure services outside these times will be charged as a private transfer
· Group transfers are subject to a maximum waiting time of 25 minutes and a maximum of 4 hotel stops. Disabled passengers should reserve their transfer in advance. The price is subject to quotation and vehicle availability
Services and rates
One of the seven wonders of the modern world. The tour at the archaeological site is given by a qualified tourist guide, who will speak about the meaning and untold mysteries of Chichen Itza.
Admission to the cenote and ruins
Breakfast (coffee and bread) and buffet lunch (typical of the region)
Visit to Cenote
Drinks on board the bus (beer, coffee, soft drinks)
Please note: Does not include drinks during lunch.
Tours days: every day.
Ek-Balam – Cenote Maya
Visit the Ek-Balam archaeological site. Its name means “black jaguar” in the Mayan language, and it is an ancient Mayan city that enjoyed its golden age even earlier than Chichen Itza. This archaeological site is one of the newest places of interest, as it has recently been restored. Discover the mysterious Cenote Maya and enjoy the stunning natural formations.
During the trip you will see different Mayan communities. Take home some beautiful memories – photos taken by our local photographers during the activities.
Traditional lunch and drinks
Entrance tickets to Ek-Balam and cenote
Equipment for the activities
Towels and lockers
Optional adventure activities: swimming in the cenote, snorkelling, abseiling, Trepachanga rope walk and liana vine swinging (in the cenote area).
Please note: price does not include tips for guides, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs or photographs.
Tour days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Enjoy an exciting ride through the jungle in one of our original Mercedes Benz Unimog all-terrain vehicles. Discover an authentic native Mayan community where you can discover the excitement of swimming in a spectacular cenote or enjoy snorkelling in a fascinating underground river. You will have the chance to partake in abseiling, kayaking and zip wires. Cycle through the jungle routes; witness or participate in a traditional Mayan purification ceremony in a mystical cenote.
Abseiling in a cenote
Mayan ceremony (presented by a genuine Mayan shaman)
Swimming in 2 cenotes (life jacket and snorkelling equipment)
Lunch with regional fare (buffet)
Entry to the park
Tour days: from Monday to Saturday.
Xcaret is a natural sanctuary where the history of Mexico merges with fun traditions and the splendour of the Mayan culture. It opens its doors on the shores of the Caribbean sea and invites you to discover some magical experiences. Underground rivers, the fauna of the Mayan jungle and exciting shows await you. Fall in love with our culture and people.
Entry to Xcaret park
Buffet lunch in one of the restaurants
Unlimited water, beer, sodas and coffee during lunch
Snorkelling equipment, towels and lockers in the area, plus
Tour days: from Monday to Saturday.
Tour of Isla Mujeres
The excursion starts with a trip of approximately 45 minutes to the coral reef where you can snorkel. We provide the snorkelling equipment during the tour: life jacket, flippers, masks and a new snorkelling tube for each guest. While the visitors are snorkelling, the crew prepare grilled lobster or steak for you to enjoy with pasta salad, green salad, guacamole, Mexican salsa and tortillas. We also have a free bar and serve a variety of drinks, beer margaritas, unlimited beer, rum, vodka, tequila, fruit juice, sodas and mineral water. Food, drink and fun on board the catamaran!
Catamaran located at Cancún pier
Snorkelling equipment with new tube included
Stop at the coral reef with 45 minutes to enjoy snorkelling
Drinks on board the catamaran included (beer, soft drinks and water)
Beach Club at Isla Mujeres
Open bar at the Beach Club
Free time on Isla Mujeres
Return (includes leisure activities)
Tour days: from Monday to Saturday.