Awards and Recognitions
TripAdvisor 2015 Certificate of Excellence
Our hotel has earned the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the fourth year in a row. This recognition is especially important because it is based on the opinions of users who have distinguished our hotel through their reviews. Undoubtedly, it is an exceptional achievement to have received this award again after having won it in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
We would like to thank all our visitors who made this recognition possible.
AAA Four Diamonds
The Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe hotel has received the 4 Diamond rating from AAA.
This prestigious recognition is presented to hotels that comply with the strict quality and luxury criteria required by the organization. Naturally, the hotel is very proud of this award.
This is a very prestigious award created by the Tequila Regulatory Council (Consejo Regulador de Tequila A.C. - CRT), National Chamber for the Tequila Industry (Cámara Nacional de la Industria Tequilera - CENIT) and facilities involved in supplying tequila to hotels, restaurants, bars, meeting spaces, entertainment venues, as well as to companies, distributors and points of sale, among others. Once the established requirements have been met, the certification and symbol of distinction are awarded.
The consumption of authentic, certified brand-name tequila is promoted. The consumer’s health is protected from adulterated beverages and pseudo-tequilas.
This is an award that the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health grant for complying with the hygiene standards that are set out in Mexican legislation NMX-F605 NORMEX 2004.
The assessment is carried out in the following areas:
· Receiving food
· Handling chemical products
· Refrigeration and freezing
· Dining area
· Food preparation
· Service area
· Water and ice
· Health services for employees
· Waste management
· Pest control
This award guarantees guests Hotel Barceló’s commitment to food and drink preparation and service.
This award was developed as a hygiene/health prevention program to reduce the main health risks associated with the water used, as well as with the food prepared and served in the establishment. A hygiene/health audit is performed in Barceló Group hotels based on the protocols and controls of over 250 points according to guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Download the award
This program is focused on the following areas: food and beverage, Legionella prevention, swimming pool safety and sanitation, and ongoing training.
The “S” distinction is a new certificate promoted by the Secretary of Tourism in recognition of best practices for tourism projects and the commitment of hospitality companies operating in Mexico with the highest environmental standards.
The Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel is committed to sustainable operations and the protection of the environment. For this reason it adopts the following environmental policy:
· To reduce the contamination caused to the environment through its activities, products and services
· To maximize the efficiency of energy consumption
· To foster the adequate management of waste
· To protect wildlife, flora and fauna of the community
· To establish measures for fostering local economic development
· To contribute to the cultural development of the community
In order to carry out these initiatives, the Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe is adopting the following measures:
· To comply with the legal requirements applicable to its activities and to those it voluntarily subscribes to
· To implement controls for measuring energy consumption
· To guarantee the use and termination of waste generated by the hotel
· To train its staff on matters of sustainable development
· To involve the community and guests on local culture and sustainable development
· To implement an environmental management system that ensures compliance with this policy
· All staff members of the Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe hotel, through Management, are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
It is a global network of organizations and individuals working together with Integral Family Development (Desarrollo Integral de la Familia - DIF) fighting commercial sexual exploitation in prostitution and pornography of children and adolescents. This is achieved by raising awareness, advocacy, training, legal reforms and initiatives to strengthen the application of the law. ECPAT is working to secure the rights of children and adolescents to live free of sexual exploitation.