Newly renovated double rooms with the choice of one king-size bed or two double beds.
- Wi-Fi connection (free of charge)
Indicative price per night in a double room (My Barceló Rate)
Occidental Tucancún**** (part of the Barceló Hotel Group and formerly Barceló Tucancún Beach) is a spectacular five-star hotel set on an idyllic Caribbean beach with white sand and crystal clear waters, just a few kilometres from the vibrant city of Cancún.
Its 336 rooms and suites are fully equipped and offer impressive views of the Caribbean Sea and the Nichupté Lagoon as well as complete service. Travellers who decide to explore the surrounding area can visit the nearby archaeological site of El Rey with its incredible and perfectly preserved Mayan ruins.
Barceló Hotel Group's health and safety concept.
This is our health and safety seal. It represents and guarantees all our experience and research into health, safety and hygiene, and has been adapted to the current world situation.
This programme introduces new safety protocols and cleaning measures to comply with recommendations from WHO and guidance from international bodies such as the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council) and government institutions in each country in which we operate.
Visit the We Care About You page for further information and interactive maps with all the details!
Barceló Hotel Group's health and safety concept.
Stricter cleaning protocols under the supervision of a new deep cleaning expert responsible for guaranteeing the complete disinfection of the hotel. Specific audits will be carried out to check the new measures before the hotels open, and our standard audits will be reinforced and regularly checked by our partners:
Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14 . 77500 Cancún Mexico
Cancún International Airport, 18.9 km away
Pok-Ta-Pok Golf Course (designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.), 6 km away
Tucancún beach, 0 km away
The hotel’s restaurants and bars serve a range of local and international dishes created to suit all palates.
The hotel offers a complete programme of daytime activities, as well as night-time shows put on by a professional ballet company.
Sports lovers can take advantage of the fully equipped facilities, where they can enjoy tennis, aerobics, water aerobics, volleyball, basketball, badminton, table tennis, water polo and darts.
At Marina AquaWorld, just a five-minute walk from the hotel, guests can go canoeing and use the tennis court.
Court opening times: from 7:00 to 18:00 (7 am a 6 pm).
*Outside of these hours the service carries an additional charge
Upgrade your stay at Occidental Tucancún with select Premium Level services, which give you the opportunity to discover a different world in authentic Barceló style. Add a special touch to your stay. In order to enjoy the exclusive Premium Level services, you'll need to book one of these rooms: Premium Level Ocean View Double Room, Premium Level Ocean View Suite or Premium Level Ocean View Family Room.
Includes the following services:
· Private check-in and check-out in an exclusive Premium Level area
· Personalised concierge service for Premium Level
· The best rooms in the hotel
· A bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate-dipped strawberries (upon your arrival or the next day)
· Nightly turndown service
· Priority reservations in the à la carte restaurants
· Exclusive Premium Level Lounge with an international drinks bar, canapés, continental breakfast (from 7:00 to 11:00), gourmet coffee, free newspapers and Internet (only available from 7:00 to 23:00). The Internet service is subject to the availability of the equipment and is limited to 15 minutes. Prior booking is not needed; in the event that there is not another guest waiting, you may stay an additional 15 minutes.
· Premium drinks bar
· Free local calls Free Internet access (one password per person. Maximum of two passwords per room). Other guests will get a 50% discount
· 25% off the laundry service
· 25% off spa and beauty salon services (some restrictions apply)
· Free room service
· Pool towels in the room
The hotel has three swimming pools, one of them with a unique sun lounging area with hammocks at the side of it.
The swimming pools are open from 08:00 to 22:00 (8 am to 9 pm).
Facilities for children
At the Flip Club little ones can enjoy fun, supervised activities for their age in a pleasant environment. The Flip Club is open from 9:00 to 17:00 (9 am to 5 pm). Only for children age 4 to 11 years old.
Barceló Hotel Group recognises its responsibility and the importance of environmental and social sustainability and commitment to the community of Cancún. The Occidental Tucancún hotel is committed to all those initiatives that help protect the environment, respecting legal requirements and setting an example of respect for the environment. To achieve this, it undertakes to continuously improve how it looks after the environment and its community by taking the following measures:
· To always operate in accordance with and in respect of environmental laws.
· To be a source of employment for the local community.
· To use electricity, water, gas and chemical products wisely.
· To correctly separate municipal solid waste from waste that requires special handling within the hotel facilities.
· To replace cleaning products with biodegradable cleaning products.
· To prioritise the purchase of regional produce.
· To provide guests and collaborators with information on the Green Globe programme.
The hotel will put into practice the environmental action plan in compliance with the Green Globe standard and will regularly implement its environmental management system.
Check-in at Occidental Tucancún is at 15:00, while check-out is by 11:00. Guests can still enjoy the hotel facilities and services after they've checked out, depending on availability. Check with reception upon checking out.
Occidental Tucancún has free parking for hotel guests.
Yes, Occidental Tucancún hotel is suitable for guests with disabilities. Please check with the hotel reception for adapted services and facilities.
No, pets are not allowed at Occidental Tucancún.
Yes, Occidental Tucancún caters for guests with special dietary requirements and/or allergies.
No, Wi-Fi is free for all Occidental Tucancún guests.
The reception team at Occidental Tucancún will be pleased to assist you in the following languages: Spanish and English.
Yes, Occidental Tucancún offers room service for guests. You'll find everything you need to know about the room service, including the menu, prices, opening times, etc., in the room.
Yes, breakfast at Occidental Tucancún is included in the room price.
The minimum age to access the Occidental Tucancún spa & wellness area is 18. Spa entry is subject to an additional charge for hotel guests. Please check our special spa rates. Children are not allowed in the spa.