Terms and conditions of the Barceló Partner Club programme
ORGANISATION OF THE PROGRAMME
1. The programme "Barceló Partner Club", hereinafter the "programme", property of Barceló Gestión Hotelera,S.L. with registered offices at Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Calle José Rover Motta 27 with tax identification number B-07918287.
2. The advantages of the programme cannot be accumulated with those of any other card or programme for participating companies. Members have the right to choose the company from which they would like to receive their benefits.
3. Programme members are the physical persons acting as retail travel agents, registered on the Barceló Partner Club programme, excluding online travel agencies. The programme will provide a user code and individual password for participation. Each code must be associated to one agent and one travel agency. In the case of large networks holding agreements with Barceló Hotels & Resorts, offices can also be registered where the agents share a user code and password for participation in the programme, after agreeing this with Barceló Partner Club. Hereinafter, members of the programme will be referred to as "BPartner users".
The programme can remove registered BPartner users who are inactive and have no activity to obtain points within the period of one year.
4. The accumulation of points on the part of a BPartner user is connected with their work at the travel agency in which they are employed at the time of registering for the programme. On this basis, in the event that the user leaves the agency at which they were employed when they entered the programme, they must exchange the points that they have accumulated up until the point of leaving the company, with prior written authorisation from the director of the agency. In the event that the director of the aforementioned agency denies the authorisation, the points shall be cancelled. In the event travel agents within the same travel agency change office, they can request for their points to be transferred to a new account associated with the new branch/office.
5. As the proprietary company of the programme, Barceló Gestión Hotelera,S.L. reserves the right to withdraw the participation code, to cancelled the points in the account and to enforce the responsibilities that are relevant to any BPartner user making improper or fraudulent use of the programme, or failing to comply with the rules and procedures contained in these general terms and conditions.
AIM OF THE PROGRAMME AND OBTENTION OF POINTS
6. The aim of the programme is to carry out a promotion based on the obtention of points by the participating BPartner user, who will be able to exchange points for stays in Barceló Hotels & Resorts or for gifts from the catalogue.
7. BPartner users will accumulate points for each Room Night that they book in any Barceló hotel participating in the programme, with the date of completion after 1 January 2015, for customers of the agency, independent from the rate to be invoiced, irrespective of whether they are individual or group bookings. The points will be awarded for the booking after the customer has checked-out from the hotel.
Fifteen (15) points will be awarded for each RN for each individual booking, and each RN for group bookings will receive 10 points. Group bookings are considered as ten (10) or more rooms per night. Five (5) points will also be awarded for the first time in the event of completion of an online course about one of the hotels published on the page of the programme.
There will be periodic promotions held that will multiply the number of points obtained. These promotions are not accumulative. The one with the highest points will automatically be applied.
8. The channels to which points are generally applied are: Bookings direct to the hotel, through the Barceló Call Centre, bookings made using GDS's using the Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre and Worldspan codes, and bookings made through BARCELO B2B. In addition, if you enter you BPartner user code when you make the booking through BARCELO B2B, the points will be automatically added to your account at the start of the following month. For bookings made at Barceló hotels located in Latin America, points can be received for additional channels indicated in the private area. The programme reserves the right to vary, without prior notice, the booking channels for which points can be received. For agency networks that have agreements in place with Barceló, there may be differences in the points available per channel.
9. The points will be added to the account of each BPartner user once the booking registered by the user in the section "Enter your bookings", has been confirmed by the hotel.
10. The points obtained through the programme will expire three years after their creation. The points will expire once each year. The programme will inform users in advance that their points are due to expire.
11. In the event of any complaint made regarding any cancelled points, the agent must present a copy of the booking voucher. There is a period of three (3) months from the date that the hotel refuses the points, to claim the points on the booking.
USE OF POINTS
12. The points accumulated can be exchanged for any product specified in the gift catalogue, unless otherwise agreed with the participating travel agency. The benefits offered in the catalogue can be periodically reviewed and modified by the companies participating in the programme, without the need to provide prior notice to the participating agents.
13. Stays booked in participating Barceló Hotels & Resorts in exchange for points will be based on a double room, on a bed and breakfast tariff or all inclusive where this is offered by the hotel. The stays are for the sole use of the account holder, who may be accompanied by one adult and two children of a maximum of 12 years of age according to the capacity of the room. The stay will be confirmed according to the availability of the hotel requested.
Bookings confirmed using points can be cancelled without penalties by the agent, up to 3 days before the check-in date. Subsequent cancellations and no-shows will be penalised according to the value of the points corresponding to the first night of the booking. A maximum of 3 modifications can be made to the booking confirmed using points, in a maximum period of 3 months following the date of confirmation.
14. To redeem the points for stays or gifts from the catalogue, it is essential to have the full number of points required. There is also the possibility to combine points and Euros for stays in a Barceló hotel. If you choose the latter option and have confirmed the availability of the room(s), the value of the points for the stay selected at the time you make the request will be deducted from your account, and the value in Euros will be charged during check-in at the chosen hotel. This supplement does not include any taxes (VAT / City Tax... according to the applicable city). All bookings made using exchanged points will be requested via our website, with a minimum of 5 days prior to the check-in date. The points will be deducted from your account until confirmation is received from the hotels. In the event that there is no availability for the dates requested, the points will be returned to the user's account.
15. Items from the gift catalogue will be distributed throughout Spain. Agents that are not resident in Spain can exchange their points for stays in any Barceló hotel participating in the programme.
16. According to the availability of stock in the gift catalogue, the programme reserves the right to exchange the gifts for others of an equal or superior level.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR BPARTNER USERS
17. Each month, the programme will issue a statement of the operations carried out and the points obtained or used. If the statement is incorrect, the BPartner user can notify Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L. of this, providing the required documentation as outlined in point 11.
18. If any of the companies participating in the programme unduly denies to award points and other benefits to an agent, the responsibility of the programme will be limited to correction of the error by awarding the points due, as soon as the travel agent irrefutably proves their rights. Neither Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L. nor the programme are responsible for any acts or omissions on the part of companies participating in the programme, both in terms of the provision of services and anything relating to their participation in the programme, excluding the correction of errors as mentioned in this point.
19. Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L. and the other companies participating in the programme reserve the right to modify the tables of applicable points, these general terms and conditions, or any aspect relating to the programme or the agents' participation in the programme, at any time and without any need to provide prior notice to the agents.
20. The agencies registered can terminate their participation in the programme at any time, by providing notification in writing to Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L.
21. The programme can also be cancelled at any time that the proprietary company, Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L., deems opportune, granting the registered travel agents a maximum period of THREE (3) MONTHS to redeem their points. In the event that the programme is cancelled, and once the pre-advised deadline has been reached, any points accumulated by agents will be automatically cancelled. Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L shall in no event be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury that may occur to the agent in the event of said cancellation.
22. In compliance with the Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December, regarding Personal Data Protection, the information provided by the BPartner user is voluntary, with the aim of creating a personal data file under the responsibility of Barceló Gestión Hotelera S.L. in order to suitably manage your participation in the programme and to be able to notify you of any products, services, offers or promotions that relate to the programme and any activities connected with the activities of the Barceló Group that may be of interest to you. These data will not be transferred to third parties involved in the provision of the service and with the identical purpose to those previously described. In compliance with the provisions established in article 22 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, regarding information and electronic business services (LSSI), Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L. and the other companies in the Barceló Group can send commercial communications by email or by any other equivalent means of electronic communication. In addition, BPartner users confirm that they are aware of this intention and they provide their express consent to receive the aforementioned communications. BPartner users have the right to access the aforementioned file, to amend, cancel or oppose the processing of the data held therein by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by communicating this in writing to the attention of the "Security Committee (Barceló Partner Club Programme)" to the following postal address: C/ José Rover Motta, 27, 07006-Palma de Mallorca.
23. Participation in the programme automatically incurs the personal and direct involvement of the user in the promotions published on the website. For any bonuses or incentives offered by the Barceló Partner Club that are attained by the user and delivered thereto, the beneficiary will allow the programme to publish their name and personal and professional details in our list of winners in any promotional format as well as their image and/or voice, with the aim of disclosing the bestowal of the prizes within the private space of the programme and the monthly newsletters sent to registered agents, unless the beneficiary denies their consent or demonstrates their express refusal of the bonus or incentive attained. To this end, it is understood that the beneficiary agent grants their consent to the processing of any personal data collected by the programme for the aforementioned purposes, subject to both data privacy and protection policy in condition no. 22 and the regulations resulting from its application. Given the promotional nature of the bestowal of the bonus or incentive obtained, failure on the part of the user to consent to the processing of personal data to this effect will incur their renunciation of any benefit obtained. Any BPartner user having won a bonus or incentive and who wishes to turn it down, must communicate this expressly in writing by email to email@example.com.
24. According to Spanish fiscal law, prizes awarded for participation in games, contests, raffles or alternative combinations connected with the sale or promotion of goods or services are subject to withholding or payment on account whenever the value of the prize is in excess of 300 Euros.
The prize in this promotion will be subject to applicable fiscal legislation in force at all times and its implementing provisions. Therefore, in compliance with the provisions established therein, the agency responsible for managing the programme will carry out the corresponding payment on account for the prize awarded. This payment on account will not have any impact on the winner as a necessary condition for the enjoyment of the prize, which will be paid in advance to the agency as a monetary value. The agency can request the accreditation of the winner's tax domicile, applying the current applicable percentage as corresponds to the payment of the value of the prize.
In all cases, it is the responsibility of the winner to comply with all fiscal obligations applicable to the prize received, according to the information contained in the statement of deductions and payments from the IRPF that will be supplied by the agency responsible for managing the programme.
25. The Terms and Conditions of the Barceló Partner Club are governed in accordance with the legal regulations as valid in Spain. For any queries that may arise regarding the interpretation and application of these General Terms and Conditions, the parties expressly submit to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Palma de Mallorca, and renounce their own jurisdiction.