An innovative children’s entertainment concept
In its continuous quest to experiment with innovative ideas, the Barceló Hotel Group has created Happy Minds, a cutting-edge concept for children’s entertainment inspired by the Theory of Multiple Intelligences by Howard Gardner, and designed to revolutionise children’s stays at its family hotels.
Happy Minds goes beyond traditional ideas of children’s entertainment with a transgressive and innovative approach, composed of different themed packages and workshops that are fun and also foster learning through knowledge in order to develop children’s creativity and boost their brainpower.
Happy Minds has a specific entertainment programme which is suited to all age ranges: mini for children of 4 to 7 years, maxi for children of 8 to 11 years and teens for the older ones, between 12 and 15 years.
HAPPY MINDS AT HOME
We have adapted our children's entertainment programme so that you can enjoy a myriad of workshops and challenges for children at home, which will make the day pass you by flying. Stop by the HOME tab and let the fun begin!
Activities to do at home
Discover the activities for children we have prepared for you for the pedestrianised members of the house and get ready for social networks to win a summer holiday with your family.
The Barcy characters
Games, guess, magic tricks for children and a myriad of activities to enjoy and learn through the most famous characters in history.
7 packages for 7 days!
The Barceló Hotel Group offers unique experiences with our latest concept: Happy Minds. A programme designed for children aged 4 to 12 years old, inspired by the theory of seven intelligence types. Enjoy a well-earned holiday while your children learn and have fun at the Barcy Club, with a great variety of games and workshops adapted to their preferences, abilities and skills:
Planet & Defenders: “Defenders” promotes good environmental practices and the importance of saving water – our most valuable natural resource, through exploration, adventure and discovering the planet.
Hand & Creators: “Creators” works with manual skills, painting and everything else related to arts and crafts.
Music & Actors: A passion for theatre, music, dance, film and the performing arts.
Lab Makers: Construction, research and scientific experiments focused on nature, exploring things like solar energy, wind power and gravity.
Mystery & Magicians: We combine magic workshops with robotics, puzzles and Makey Makey – a kit for creating fun inventions.
Circus Artists: Perfect for versatile, skilful kids who love joking around, laughing and entertaining others.
Barcy & Friends: Have fun with our Barcy mascot and the “Barcy Rap”, rehearse for the flash mob and try out the video editing workshop using our innovative app.
Happy Minds by Barceló includes 3 types of workshops carefully designed for all children who are part of the Barcy Club.
Traditional workshops. Workshops regularly reviewed and updated to guarantee optimal learning in a fun environment
– Funny vegetables. We discover local vegetables and plants by giving them faces and creating fun characters.
– Lab experiments. Each afternoon, we carry out a different experiment. How is a volcano formed? What is the law of gravity?
– Fancy dress workshop. Rehearsals for the circus show, dressing up and having a good time.
Eco-Workshops. The eco-workshops are a fun way to show children how to protect our environment, while playing with the 3Rs concept: reduce, reuse and recycle.
– A sea of different things: create fish and other marine species using stones and driftwood.
– Art on the island, César Manrique: design and build a wind sculpture using recycled materials.
– The urban vegetable garden. Micro gardening. Creating decorative cacti using bottle corks.
Technology workshops. Workshops that use new technology and art for learning.
– Augmented reality. We have created a Barcy app for children to paint and colour in our mascot to create their own 3D version.
– Makey Makey. The invention kit of the 21st century. Turn everyday objects into touch panels. Makey Makey ignites the imagination.
– Editing workshop. Create a flash mob video.