Spacious rooms with unmatched views and 2 independent rooms: a living room and bedroom.
- Wi-Fi connection (free of charge)
Approximate price for 2 people
The Barceló Tambor***** hotel is located in Tambor Beach, Costa Rica. The hotel stands out for the unparalleled beauty of its natural setting, opposite a paradise beach on the Pacific coast.
It has a total of 402 rooms, including 56 Premium Level rooms and 4 Suites. To adapt to the needs of each guest, the hotel has rooms with 1 king-size bed and rooms with 2 double beds, as well as rooms specially designed for people with reduced mobility. All the rooms include a terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, LCD screen with cable, fully equipped bathroom, and many more details that will make your stay perfect. They also provide a spectacular view of Costa Rica’s stunning natural beauty.
Travel in maximum safety and with peace of mind.
Free cancellation policy
Digital check-in and contactless room access
Enhanced safety and hygiene protocols
New Grab & Go concept
Playa Tambor Puntarenas . 01150 Puntarenas Costa Rica
Tambor Airport 3.2 km away
Tambor Beach just 32 m away
Los Delfines Golf Club 1 km away
Curú National Park 18 km away
The Barceló Tambor hotel boasts 2 à-la-carte restaurants, a delicious buffet and different bars serving snacks throughout the day.
Guests will enjoy the best bars, with exotic and refreshing drinks that are offered within the Barceló All Inclusive programme.
For those looking to enjoy an exciting game of golf during their holiday, the hotel offers the Los Delfines Golf & Country Club.
The course is located just 1km away from the hotel.
Guests at the Barceló Tambor hotel can visit and enjoy this service at an additional cost.
Your holiday is the perfect occasion to pamper yourself with one of the spa treatments at the Barceló Tambor hotel. You will return feeling rejuvenated inside and out, and you will also enjoy the benefits for your skin and body offered by each one of our health and beauty treatments.
The Barceló Tambor hotel is committed to ensuring the best holiday for the whole family, so it is fully equipped with children's facilities that the smallest members of your family will love.
The Barcy Club offers a complete entertainment programme for children ages 4-12, designed by a team of professional entertainment staff whose task is to entertain and guarantee that a good time is had by all guests. The children's swimming pool, with multiple palm tree fountains spraying water, is the ideal place to take a refreshing dip and enjoy playing and having fun.
Teenagers ages 13-17 can find their own space to have fun at The Teens' House, featuring the latest games, computers, video games, the best music, a climbing wall and a fantastic trampoline with Bungee jumping.
In addition, the hotel offers a babysitting service (on request and subject to an additional charge) so parents can unwind in absolute peace and quiet.
The Barceló Tambor hotel has a marvellous amphitheatre with capacity for more than 200 people where you can enjoy a different show every night.
The whole family will enjoy these exciting shows that'll leave everyone buzzing with excitement.
There's also a nightclub, where the guests can dance to today's biggest hits and enjoy refreshing local drinks and delicious cocktails. Free entry and open until 3.00.
The programme of activities includes dance classes and aquarobics, an excellent way to exercise the body and have fun at the same time. The team of professional entertainment staff ensures guaranteed fun both during the day and at night.
Check the opening hours and availability at the hotel reception.
Premium Level is the concept of exclusive services and facilities on offer at Barceló hotels, which provides guests with a superior and exclusive experience.
To obtain Premium Level services, book any of our rooms at an additional rate of $35, per person, per night.
It includes the following services:
Premium Level Lounge
· Premium Level room from 7 am to 11 pm
· Access to the Premium Lounge:
· Exclusive wristband for Premium Level.
· Continental and American style breakfast served from 7 am to 10: 30 am
· Snacks from 10.30 to 11.00 Premium Drinks in the Premium Level room: 10.30 am to 11 pm
· Check-in and Check-Out in the exclusive Premium Level area.
· Check-in from 11.00, with rooms delivered from 2pm.
· Check-out noon,
· Late check-out until 3 pm (minimum stay of 3 nights).
· Welcome breakfast.
· Priority reservations at à la carte restaurants: El Rancho, Miyako and the Trattoria. Which can be confirmed during your stay in the Premium Level Lounge.
· Concierge service
· Exclusive service for special requirements such as tours, transfers and special activities.
· 15% discount on purchases of wines or spirits.
In the room:
· Rooms with views of the sea or preferential location.
· Minibar: with water 2, fizzy drinks, 2 imperial, 2 juices and snacks. Daily refill.
· Nightly turndown service Pool towels Bathrobe and slippers
· Premium bathroom amenities in the rooms. Balcony or Terrace
· Wireless Internet service
· Free laundry service/once per stay (minimum 3 nights)
Many of Costa Ricas's prime scuba diving spots are located on the Pacific coast.
Isla Tortuga and Cabo Blanco are some of the most famous spots on the country's continental coast and are considered the best places to go scuba diving, thanks to the spectacular views of the sea bottom. The underwater world of the Pacific coast has warm waters and a large variety of marine life. The colourful sunsets in this area are equally impressive.
Although the majority of tourists travel to the country to explore outside of the water, Costa Rica has recently become famous as a diving destination. Pinnacles and underwater volcanic rock formations are home to small hard corals, sponges and gorgonians. In addition, large pelagic species such as giant squid and sperm whales can often be seen.
Guests can choose from 3 different levels of PADI certification , whether as an introduction to the world of diving or to further hone your diving skills. With the PADI certificate you will hold the world's most respected and recognised scuba diving credentials:
· Discover Scuba Diving with dives up to 12 m deep
· Open Water Diver with dives up to 18 m deep
· Advanced Open WaterDiver for expert divers, up to 30 m deep
The Barceló Tambor hotel has 2 outdoor swimming pools measuring over 2,000 m2, connected by a waterfall.
Guests can enjoy this spectacular pool area by taking a refreshing swim in the sunshine, or sunbathing on the sun terrace located in the lush garden.
Children will have the time of their lives in the children's swimming pool, with multiple palm tree fountains spraying water non-stop. Everything at the Barceló Tambor hotel is designed for families to enjoy themselves to the full, providing rest and tranquillity for parents and non-stop entertainment and fun for children.
Swimming pool opening hours: 6.00 to 19.00
The hotel gardens provide the best backdrop to a great holiday. Strolling among the palm trees and enjoying the gentle sea breeze is a luxury that Barceló Hotels & Resorts makes possible.
There is a large and varied range of sports on offer at the Barceló Tambor hotel. It has fully-equipped facilities for playing different sports, such as 3 tennis courts for enthusiasts to improve their game.
The hotel also has a football pitch and 2 multi-purpose courts to enjoy a game with friends. The beach, the football pitch and the volleyball court will all delight sports lovers; a perfect plan for the whole family.
The giant chess provides fun for everyone but especially children. This game is not just for fun, it also wakes up the imagination, and increases memory and concentration.
Other sports options at the complex include archery, table tennis and pool. There is also a choice of water sports, such as kayaking. For the more daring, the hotel offers a climbing wall and a trampoline.
In the area you can practise exciting sports (subject to charge) such as golf, deep-sea fishing and incredible trips on horseback in the vicinity of the hotel.
The only way to improve a holiday in a tropical paradise is the opportunity to enjoy the excellent services and facilities offered by the Barceló Tambor.
This is why the hotel’s All Inclusive package is the top choice for travellers wanting to immerse themselves in the beautiful Ballena Bay, on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The Barceló All Inclusive package includes tips, taxes and three meals per day in the buffet restaurant.
El Tucán serves international cuisine in a relaxed ambience with views of the beach, swimming pool and lush gardens. Specialised cuisine allows the hotel to rank far higher than most other hotels in Tambor Beach. For every second All Inclusive night stayed, Barceló offers a free dinner in one of the à la carte restaurants. Guests can choose meat or seafood in the El Rancho restaurant or Japanese specialities in the Miyako restaurant. In addition, local drinks are free in the bars, which are found at the pool and in the entrance hall. Night-time entertainment, water sports, bungee jumping and the climbing wall are just some of the activities that are included in the package.
Families love the range of activities available for children. Fun and games in the Barcy Club and an enticing children’s playground make Barceló Tambor the best hotel for families in the area.
The best rooms of the Tambor Beach hotels
With a wide selection of hotels, Tambor Beach is a dream for people who love the coast. Gentle waves lapping every metre of shoreline, fine sand and incredibly blue water, and all this is just a few steps away for guests of the Barceló Tambor. Rooms with magnificent sea views, two meandering swimming pools with a waterfall where guests can splash around in all directions, a solarium to enjoy the tropical heat and a hot tub to relax in after an exercise session in the fitness studio, or a game on the courts, are just some of the options for visitors who opt for the All Inclusive package.
The All Inclusive package includes:
· Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the El Tucán buffet restaurant
· For every two nights, we give you a free à la carte lunch in the El Rancho or Miyako restaurants (subject to availability). Reservation required.
· Cocktails based on national spirits
· House liquors and draught beer
· Fresh fruit, fizzy and house wine
Restaurants and Bars
· Snacks in the El Palenque bar, open from 10.30 to 18.00
· Unlimited drinks (mineral water, soft drinks, beer, spirits, mixed drinks and coffee)
· Pool Bar “El Ron” (Mojado Bar) open from 10.30 to 18.00
· The El Cocobolo Bar in the lobby, open from 17.00 to midnight.
· El Tucán Buffet Restaurant.
Breakfast: 7 am to 10: 30 am
Lunch: 12.30 to 15.30
Dinner: from 19.00 to 22.00
· The Rancho Steak House & Grill
Dinner: 7 pm to 10 pm
· Miyako Restaurant specialising in Japanese cuisine
Dinner: 7 pm to 10 pm
Dinner: from 19.30 to 22.30
· Free entry to the El Rancho club, open from 23.00 to 3.00.
· Beach activities and water sports
· Children’s playground
· Night-time entertainment programme
· Live music
· Daytime entertainment programme
· Aerobics, dance and stretching classes
· Swimming pool with waterfall for children and adults
· Hot tub
· Sun terrace
· Card games
· Daily entry to the amphitheatre
· The kid’s club is open from 9.00 to 17.00. In the Club, children will have the opportunity to have fun while they learn games with educational materials, under the supervision of a specialised team. They also have access to age-appropriate video games and to children’s films.
· Sports courts (football, basketball and hand ball)
· Archery · Darts
· Table tennis
· Water sports centre: windsurfing, boogie board, shuffle board, canoes
· Beach courts (volleyball, football)
· 3 floodlit tennis courts
· Water polo
· Bungee jumping
· Rockodrome climbing wall
Other facilities and services
· Use of a safe in your room
· Library (for borrowing books)
· Towels at swimming pool and the beach
· Private landing strip
· Car park
· 24-hour security
· Taxes and tipping
Services not included
· Room service is available from 8.30 to 23.00.
· Telephone and communications
· Internet access
· Water sports centre: spearfishing, scuba diving and snorkelling
· Imported drinks
· Gift shop
· Pool table
· Travel agent
· Air taxi
· Hair salon
· Conference room
Premium Level Lounge
· Event rooms
· Horse riding
· Children’s games room
· Room service
· Lunch on the day of departure
· Medical service
· 9 hole golf course
. All hours are subject to changes by hotel management.
Located the lush surroundings of Tambor Beach is the Barceló Tambor Convention Center, a large and modern convention centre with an excellent team who specialise in organising high-end events with a personalised service to guarantee a successful event.
The centre is designed to accommodate a variety of events and boasts the latest computer technology, audiovisual equipment and professional staff capable of creating different ambiences so that your business meetings are a success.
Facilities and services:
· Soundproof dividing walls
· Surrounded by green areas
· Air conditioning
· Access to wireless internet
· Capacity for more than 800 people
· Access for delivery of heavy equipment
· Large windows
· Qualified staff
For more information regarding the function rooms, click here
Check-in time at the Barceló Tambor is anytime after 15.00, while check-out time is anytime before noon. Once you have checked out, you can still enjoy the hotel facilities at an additional cost.
The Barceló Tambor has parking free of charge for hotel guests.
Yes, the Barceló Tambor hotel is suitable for guests with disabilities. Check with the hotel reception with regards to which services and facilities are adapted for wheelchairs.
No, pets are not allowed at the Barceló Tambor.
Yes, the Barceló Tambor offers food and drink options for guests with food intolerances.
The Wi-Fi connection is free of charge for hotel guests at the Barceló Tambor.
The Barceló Tambor staff will be pleased to assist you in the following languages: Spanish and English.
Yes, the Barceló Tambor hotel offers room service for guests. You can find all of the information regarding our room service menu and prices in the room.
Yes, breakfast at the Barceló Tambor is included in the hotel guest’s accommodation.
The minimum age to enter the spa & wellness area at the Barceló Tambor is 18. There is an additional fee for hotel guests to enter. Consult the rates on offer. On the other hand, children are allowed in the spa.