4X4 winery tour with wine and cava tasting
Time of year
Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- Custom experience
- Maximum group: 18 personas
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Couples, Groups
What the experience includes
Enjoy an exclusive day out to a two local wineries in Penedes Region and taste 4 excellent wines and 4 glasses of cava paired with a wide variety of bytes & tapas. Drive through 2000 year-old vines accompanied by a local viticulturist in the vineyards to learn everything there is about wine-making! 4WD adventure around the vineyards included. And a professional oenologist into the cellars. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Everything you need to know
Wine and gastronomy are part of Catalonia’s popular wisdom. Through this tour, delve into the Penedes region to learn all about the fascinating world of wine. The influence of the sun and the Mediterranean Sea make the Penedés a privileged territory for winemaking. We will travel on a luxury private bus to visit 2 hand-picked selected wineries. Our first stop is a family-run boutique winery which has been cultivating vines for more than two thousand years. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by an expert winemaker who will tell you about the history of this millenary winery and guide you into the subterranean wine cellar. In this remarkable space, learn fascinating facts about grape varieties, vine growing, wine making or the optimal conditions for its storage. It is now time to savor 4 charming wines in a stylish tasting room, accompanied by an assortment of gourmet delicatessen. Next, we will visit the traditional manor house (current residence of the owner family) and the vineyards to discover the art and secrets of winemaking! To add a glamorous touch to the experience, continue the visit through the vineyards on board of a convertible 4×4 car (approx. 40 min.) accompanied by your guide and a viticulturist, a true passionate expert! A unique and exclusive way to visit a stunning rural landscape with endless vineyards. Along the way, admire a Romanesque church settle among the vineyards and belonging to the manor. The second cellar visited is an equally historical winery specialized in cava, a naturally sparkling wine with an unmistakable flavor deeply rooted in Catalonia. An exclusive opportunity to enter the Capella, the heart of the cellar, being this the oldest part of the winery. An enchanting candle-lighted ancient room where time stands still. After visiting the vineyard and cellar, taste 4 unique cavas. These are also paired by a selection of appetizers to enhance the experience. Raise your glass for a toast to a great wine experience!
- 8:45h – Meet your driver at Passatge de la concepció, 7
- 9:00h – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia Go through Barcelona and see the great modernist buildings around the city
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
- We will drive you through the County Side where you can enjoy the views We will get into the Penedes area, all full of vineyards!
- 10:00h – We will arrive to Pere Ventura, the winery for the Cava.
- Visit with a specialist the cellars where they make the Cava
- Learn about the process to make cava
- Learn how they where doing it centuries ago and how they are making it nowadays.
- Finish the visit tasting four of their best Cavas
- 12:00h – Transfer with your driver to Can Bas
- 12:10h – Visit Can Bas Go around the vineyards with a JEEP to learn about them and the grapes
- Learn about the history of the Family Ventura
- Visit the cellars where they make the wine
- Learn about the process of making wine
- Finish the visit tasting four different wines
- 14:00h – Meet your driver again to go back to Barcelona
- 15.00h – End of the experience at the starting point
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling basedon inclement weather.
- Let us know at the time of booking if any dietary restrictions or allergies
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- Visit of a local wine family-run winery.
- Visit of a local cava family-run winery.
- Exclusive 4×4 ride along the vineyards with the local viticulturist.
- Private transport and specialized tour guide
- Wine and cava tour, tasting 4 wines and 4 cavas paired with a wide variety of bytes & tapas.
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages unless specified
- Hotel pick up