Montserrat Monastery Visit, Natural Park Hiking with Railway
English, French, German, Spanish
Departure time 8:30
Time of year
Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- Custom experience
- Maximum group: 18 personas
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Children, Couples, Groups, Solo travellers
What the experience includes
Experience Barcelona’s holy mountain, Montserrat, on a half or full day tour. Board the Montserrat Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna following a trail (soft hiking) with the best specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Everything you need to know
The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed of unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 7
0 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed) , who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
Board the Sant Joan Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna following a trail (s
oft trekking) with the best specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park.
- 08:15h: Welcome with our specialist guide at Pasatge de la concepció, 7
- 08:30h: Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia by bus
- Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample
- We will drive you throught Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
- See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
- You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters We will drive you through the County side and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
- See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
- 09:30h: We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery Learn about the history of the monastery
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
- Learn about the Monks life style Enjoy the views from the Monastery
- 10:45h: Take Sant Joan’s Funicular.
- Start the hike from the top of Sant Joan’s Funicular
- Learn how the mountain was made
- Walk most of the time downhill and enjoy the views
- Learn about the surroundings of the mountain and the wild life
- 12:00h: Finish your hiking and start your free timeVisit the farmers market
- Visit the cafeteria
- Check the souvenirs stores
- 12.40h: Meet your guide again to go back to the bus
- Way back to Barcelona
- 14:00h: End of the experience at the starting point.
- One adult: €84
- One child: €59
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum isnot met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- Guided visit of the Magic Mountain & the Abbey of Montserrat
- Multilingual Professional Mountain guide
- Private Transfer with A/C
- Tickets for Sant Joan’s railway
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit
- One hour of hiking in the Natural Park
- Premium Small Group maximum capacity 18 people.
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages unless specified
- Hotel pick up