Montserrat on horseback
Departure time 8:30 AM
Time of year
Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- Custom experience
- Maximum group: 8 personas
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Groups
What the experience includes
Enjoy a memorable day out in Montserrat and escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona with this horse riding experience in the Natural Park after visiting the Monastery on top of the Mountain. Awe at the breathtaking views while living a unique experience and learning the basics of horse riding. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Everything you need to know
Half Day tour to Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed of unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. After the visit, you will have free time to buy a souvenir, take pictures, etc.
Next, get ready for a thrilling horseback ride along the Natural Park, offering breathtaking views of Montserrat. All while enjoying the freedom and tranquility of the countryside. Lead by experienced guides, the route is suitable for everyone. Enjoy the ride and the spectacular sight of the mountain!
- 08:15h – Welcome with our We specialist guide at Pasatge de la concepció, 7
- 08:30h – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample neighborhood designed on XIX century.
- We will drive you throught Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
- You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters We will drive you through the County side and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
- See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
- 09:30h – We will arrive to the Ranch to start with the Horse Riding experience
- You will have a short briefing to know how to ride the horses
- You will get a helmet and your horse
- 10:00h – Start of the Riding Enjoy the great views of the mountain of Montserrat Enjoy the landscape
- 11:00h – Finish your ridding and go up to the monastery of Montserrat
- 11.30h – We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery Learn about the history of the monastery
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
- Learn about the Monks life style
- Enjoy the views from the Monastery
- 12.30h – Enjoy the free time
- Visit the farmers market
- Visit the cafeteria
- Check the souvenirs stores
- 13.00h – Meet your guide again to go back to the bus
- Way back to Barcelona
- 14.30h – End of the experience at the starting point.
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.
- Due to horse safety restrictions, anyone with a weight above 95 KG or below 12 years of age won’t be allowed to join this activity
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- Private Transport & Bilingual and knowledgeable tour guide, ensuring top quality service and great destination information.
- A guided horseback ride with an experienced monitor, an amusing experience suitable for everyone.
- Free time
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages unless specified
- Hotel pick up