Montserrat hot-air balloon ride + monastery visit
Time of year
Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- Custom experience
- Maximum group: 8 personas
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Groups
What the experience includes
Enjoy the breathtaking views in a hot air balloon while you fly over the Pla de Bages observing the magnificent view of the unique shape of Montserrat Mountains. Visit the Monastery of Montserrat and know all the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Everything you need to know
Take this exclusive flight on a Hot Air Balloon close to the Montserrat Mountain and admire its unique needle shape formations, one of the most spectacular landscapes in Catalonia. The activity begins early in the morning and we will head directly to the flying zone, where you will participate to the inflation of the balloon. Once it’s ready, we will take off for an amazing hour of flight close to the Mountain and the surrounding area. At the end of the flight, a 4WD car will be waiting to pick you up and return to the flying zone, where your guide will be waiting for you to keep on with the tour. But before heading to the Monastery, toast with a glass of cava your flight in this magic lands. Continue your visit to the famous Benedictine Monastery, dating nearly a thousand years and well-known for hosting the figure of “La Moreneta” (visit not guaranteed), the saint patron of Catalonia. Depending on season and timetable, you will have the possibility to admire the boys choir singing of the famous “Escolania de Montserrat”.
- 5:00h – Pick up from your hotel or apartment
- 6:00h – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
- Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample.
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
- We will drive you through the County side and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
- 7:00h – We will arrive to the taking off area for the balloon.
- See how they blow the balloon
- See how they raise up the balloon
- Get into the basket Starts to fly!
- Enjoy the views from the balloon
- 8:30h – Landing with the ballon
- 09:15h – Go to Montserrat mountain
- 10.00h – Visit the monasteryLearn about the history of the monastery
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
- Learn about the Monks life style
- Enjoy the views from the Monastery
- 11.15h – Enjoy the free time
- Visit the farmers market
- Visit the cafeteria
- Check the souvenirs stores
- 11.45h – Meet your guide again
- 12.00h – Go back to Barcelona
- 13.00h – End of the experience at the starting point
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.
- You will be contacted the previous day with the Pick Up/Meeting Point Information
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- Round Trip from Barcelona
- Assistance from a 4×4 vehicle throughout the activity (permanent radio connection with the balloon)
- Balloon Flight (1h15′ approx.)
- Snack and Cava champagne toast, non-alcoholic beverages and water available.
- First Flight Certificate signed by pilot
- Photo story
- Montserrat Monastery Guided Visit
- Hotel Pick Up only in city center (On Request)
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages unless specified
- Hotel pick up out of city center.