Short Historic Tour Gran Canaria Histórica: Jardín canario, Las Palmas, Guayadeque caves y Agüimes
Excursion departure time: 9.00 am Approximate duration: 8 hours and 30 minutes.
English, German, Spanish
Excursion runs on: Saturdays.
- Custom experience (minimal group: 1 personas)
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Couples, Groups, Solo travellers
The excursion begins with a visit to Spain’s biggest botanical gardens, with 59 hectares of Macaronesian vegetation.
We will then move on to Las Palmas, the island’s capital, firstly visiting the stately, historical district of Vegeta. We will walk along its streets, seeing the Cathedral, the Plaza de Santa Ana, the Town Hall and the Casa de Colón [Christopher Colombus Museum] along the way. We will continue until we reach the Plaza de Santa Catalina, where we will enjoy some free time shopping, going to the beach or simply going for a stroll around the area. We will then leave the capital, and drive into the Guayadeque gorge, one of the island’s deepest and widest gorges. We will stop off at a village of cave dwellings, where we will have some free time to visit the village, to see San Bartolomé’s hermit cave, or to have lunch in the village’s cave-restaurant. After that, we will visit the village’s interpretation centre, where we can learn how the original Canary Islanders lived. Our final stop will be in the pretty town of Agüimes. We will wander through the streets to find the Church of San Sebastián, and we’ll learn the meaning of the sculptures we see as we go along. Return to hotel.
What is included?
- Lunch is optional (not included).
- Pick-up included.
- Visit to Gran Canaria Botanical Gardens.
- Tour of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Stop at the Guayadeque caves.
- Visit to the town of Agüimes.
- Optional lunch.
- Group tourist guide.
- Bring a camera and wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- Adult (age 12 and over) including pick-up in Gran Canaria South and Las Palmas: €39.00
- Child (4-11 years) including pick-up in Gran Canaria South and Las Palmas: €19.00