Canarian Landscapes: Ingenio + Arucas + Firgas + Puerto de las Nieves
Excursion departure time: 10 am Pick-up from hotels will begin at 8.00 am. Return to the south of the island will be at approximately 7.00 pm.
English, German, Spanish
Excursion runs on: Mondays and Thursdays.
- Custom experience (minimal group: 1 personas)
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Couples, Groups, Solo travellers
Excursion will take us to some of the prettiest towns and villages on the island.
We will travel northwards, firstly to visit Ingenio, a town that grew up around the cultivation of sugar cane. We will see a demonstration of typical local embroidery work. We will then make our way to Arucas to see the Church of San Juan Bautista [St John the Baptist], which is built entirely from the local ‘blue’ stone. ANOTHER STOP-OFF AND A STROLL We continue to Teror (or, as it is also known, Villa Mariana de Teror) where we will go for a stroll along the ‘street of balconies’ and enjoy the sights of this town, the home of our patron saint, The Virgen del Pino. We will descend towards Firgas, walking along the Paseo de Gran Canaria and the Paseo de Canarias, with its seven relief models of the Canary Islands and the tiled mosaics showing the emblem of each of Gran Canaria’s municipalities. After lunch (which is included), we will drive to Agaete and Puerto de las Nieves. This is a little fishing port, and the departure point for the ferry to Tenerife. It affords views of much of the west of Gran Canaria. THE EXCURSION WILL INCLUDE A TASTING OF THE ISLAND’S TRADITIONAL RUM AND LIQUOR Our final stop will be at Playa de las Canteras in the capital, where we will have some free time to walk along the beach or browse in the Las Arenas shopping centre. Return to your hotel.
What is included?
- Lunch included.
- All coach transfers.
- Visit to Villa de Ingenio, the church of Candelaria, the interpretation centre, traditional crafts.
- Drive through Arucas: the church of San Juan Bautista and a stroll along the main street.
- Tour of Teror, the ‘street of balconies’, the Basilica of the Virgen del Pino.
- Walk through Firgas. A visit to the waterfall with its display of the emblems of all Gran Canaria’s municipalities.
- A visit to Agaete: one of the most emblematic fishing ports.
- Las Palmas: Playa de las Canteras and free time in the Las Arenas shopping centre.
- Group tourist guide.
Bring a camera and wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- Adult (age 12 and over) including pick-up in Gran Canaria South and Las Palmas: €39.00
- Child (4-11 years) including pick-up in Gran Canaria South and Las Palmas: €19.00