The essence of Lanzarote, from Playa Blanca
English, German, Spanish
8:00 a 8:30
Time of year
August, Autumn, Spring, Summer
- Custom experience
- Maximum group: 14 personas
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Groups
What does the experience include?
Departing from the island’s main tourist resorts, this guided tour will allow you to discover—in a relaxed manner, over the course of 9 hours—the main scenic attractions of the island of volcanos, including the Timanfaya National Park, the Jameos del Agua, the Cueva de los Verdes and the Cactus Garden.
What you need to know
Playa Blanca, Puerto del Carmen, Arrecife and Costa Teguise are the departure points of The essence of Lanzarote: a beautiful tour conceived for groups of up to 14 people. Its itinerary begins at the Cueva de los Verdes, where you can discover an underground tunnel that was shaped during the eruption of the La Corona volcano, which also forms part of the Jameos del Agua (the second stop on the tour).
Next, the minibus will take you to the Cactus Garden. This is an ambitious project of Canarian artist César Manrique which comprises some 4,500 cacti from the five different continents. Following the Manrique trail, the tour will then head to the Monumento al Campesino, a set of buildings erected to commemorate the many men and women who worked, in highly adverse conditions, on the Lanzarote countryside. Examples of such efforts include the La Geria vineyards and the Janubio Salt Flats, which the tour also passes by. Later on, the route will take you to the beautiful and desolate Timanfaya National Park, whose arid landscapes look like a scene taken from Mars. The tour will draw to a close on the western coastline of Lanzarote, which is home to the spectacular Los Hervideros cliffs and the extravagant Lago Verde.
Information of interest
- We recommend wearing comfortable footwear and taking a jacket (if it gets cold in the Timanfaya National Park) and a camera.
- Languages: Spanish, English and German.
- Price: adults, €75; children, €50.
- Departures from Playa Blanca
- Monday: Departure between 08:00 and 08:30 AM in German
- Wednesday: Departure between 08:00 and 08:30 AM in Spanish
- Sunday: Departure between 08:00 and 08:30 AM in Spanish