Monumental Toledo + La Granja en 4x4
7 and half hours
Time of year
Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- Custom experience
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Recommended for: Children, Couples, Groups, Solo travellers
What the experience includes
Discover the history of the mystery and splendour of the Spanish Middle Ages in this 7.5-hour tour that takes you through the streets and the history of the capital of the Spanish Empire. This tour crosses the true heart of Toledo from one side to the other, with some private visit, like the convent of “Sant Agustín”, where we will discover the secrets of Mazapan. Discover an authentic farmstead and estate and ride through it in an open-top 4WD truck. Visit a farmstead that belongs to Spanish nobility. The route will feature the typical flora and fauna of the area, where we will observe cows, sheep, Iberian pigs and bulls. We will end with an exquisite tasting session of Iberian pork products such as ham, chorizo, Manchego sheep’s cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, all made on the farmstead itself. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group tour, delight yourself with our WE farewell.
Everything you need to know
We will leave Madrid heading towards the beautiful Imperial city of Toledo, declared a World Heritage by UNESCO. Toledo is one of the oldest cities in Europe with buildings that mix architectural styles including Arabic, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque, also it is called the “city of the three cultures” since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together here. The great painter El Greco lived in Toledo in the sixteenth century.
Immerse yourself with our official expert guide and enter the heart of Toledo, visit the Jewish Quarter and the area of the convents, with stories and legends that will trace back to the centuries before the Muslim conquest. We will discover the most emblematic places of the city, its history, its corners and anecdotes, and its main monuments such as the Cathedral of Toledo, which architecture is a wonderful example of the Spanish Gothic style After spending the morning in Toledo, we will head out to the Finca El Castañar farmstead, located in the Montes de Toledo mountain range, just one hour from Madrid.
The farmstead and estate offer a unique range of possibilities that cannot be found elsewhere, for those who enjoy observing nature and wildlife.
We will start by relishing a tasting session, trying Iberian wines and products made on the farmstead following traditional methods. These methods, together with feeding the Iberian pigs with acorns from the farm itself, the climate and the degree of humidity, are essential elements giving the products an exceptional quality. Then, accompanied by our professional guide in an open-top 4WD truck we will take a tour of the “Conde de Mayalde” fighting livestock, and visit the fauna and flora of the farmstead with second-to-none environmental quality.
The tour will feature Iberian pigs, Manchega sheep, olive groves and the vineyards of the Finca El Castañar farmstead. worldexperience.com
This unique spot is ideal for traditional hunting in which the hunters continue set up as per the tradition described in the King Alfonso 11th Book of Hunting, and all hunters can enjoy vast open hunting zones.
At the end, we will enjoy a traditional lunch in the Farmhouse. The menu includes Iberian ham, one of the jewels of the Spanish pantry. We will also be able to taste other Iberian products such as chorizo and loin. All of this comes accompanied by Manchego sheep’s cheese and virgin olive oil.
After the lunch, you will return to the centre of Madrid in a comfortable minibus, where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- You are kindly requested to inform of any nutritional requirement (diet, allergies, etc.) at the time of booking the tour.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- 09:00 Welcoming by Official Expert Guide
- 10:00 Arrival to Toledo – Walking tour – Inside the neighborhoods of the old town and Jewish quarter.
- 11:30 Free time or Visit to Toledo`s Cathedral from Inside (Upgrade option) (1 hr)
- 12:30 Departure to Farm “El Castañar”
- 13:00 Arrival to Farm – Lunch time: Traditional Iberian food and typical wines.
- 14:15 Countryside trip on 4WD Truck.
- 16:00 Return to Madrid.
- 17:00 Finish at We Madrid Shop
- One adult: €96
- One child: €68
- Transport in Mercedes-Benz V-Class
- Official bilingual guide
- Cultural tour of Toledo
- Guided tour of traditional farm estate in 4×4 (1 h 15 min)
- Lunch of products produced by the estate
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up or transfer