Dolphin watching aboard the Spirit of the Sea
|Languages||Spanish - English - German|
|Number of participants||Minimum 1 person - Maximum 30 people|
What the experience includes
Discover the incredible marine life off the south coast of Gran Canaria.
On our Canary Islands coast, up to 30 species of cetaceans, makes our islands one of the places in the world with the greatest diversity of cetaceans and the largest in Europe.
Whales, humpbacks, sperm whales, right whales, swales, whales, dolphins, orcas or porpoises are the seven families to which these 30 species belong.
Unlike fish that lay eggs, they have scales and breathe through gills, the cetacean is a mammal that feeds on breast milk at birth and that just like us. He breathes air and has lungs and warm blood.
We will sail from Puerto Rico along the southwest coast of the island, searching for dolphins and whales in their natural habitat. Our professional multilingual crew will keep you informed about the sightings and will help you identify the different species.
The Spirit of the SeaIt is a boat with a capacity for 97 people and equipped with a large glass bottom between the two helmets, which allows us to observe the life that exists under the waves of the sea. We are almost certain that we will be able to see dolphins, but if this is not the case, we will give you a voucher so that you can come back any other day and repeat our trip.
You can choose between a 2- or 3-hour trip and in both non-alcoholic soft drinks and water are included.
On the 3-hour trip, we will stop in a protected bay for a swim.
Since its inception, our company has been committed to carrying out sighting with total respect for these incredible animals and has the appropriate permits from the Canarian Government to carry out this activity.
Being able to observe dolphins and whales in their natural environment is an enriching experience that will make you realize the importance of defending the marine environment and these fantastic animals.
Everything you need to know
- The route may change due to force majeure.
- As they are wild animals, we cannot guarantee 100% sighting. If you don't see dolphins, we will offer you a bonus to start the activity again on the day you prefer.
- The duration of the experience is 3 hours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And 2 hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Adults + 13 years old.
- Children from 3 to 12 years old
- Babies from 0 to 2 years old.
- Professional crew knowledgeable about the history and environment of cetaceans.
- Drinks: non-alcoholic soft drinks and water.
- Transfers included: If you request the pick-up service, you don't have to be staying at Barceló hotels. If you are not a customer, you will have to attend the main reception on your own at any of the hotels we offer.
More infoWhat to bring
- Comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Sun protection.
- Swimsuit and towel (for the 3-hour tour)