Birdwatching in the Huelva countryside
|Languages||Spanish - English|
|Number of participants||Minimum 1 person - Maximum 8 people|
What the experience includes
Touring the fields of Huelva to meet wild birds in the land of the brave bull is an exciting half-day excursion that nature lovers will love. This activity is carried out in areas full of wheat and sunflower fields, olive groves and huge pastures located between the Huelva capital, Trigueros, San Juan and Niebla. It seems almost a miracle to find these farms that live in a way that is alien to the fruit growing so common today. On the walk you will discover farms where fighting bulls live that surprise with their large size and arouse curiosity.
On this entertaining day that we propose, we will pass through the surroundings of the beautiful city of Niebla, small but full of historical treasures such as its castle and a Moorish wall that is more than a thousand years old. Interestingly, in its old town is one of the largest colonies of lesser kestrels in Andalusia. Surprising, right?
During the activity, which takes place in 9-seater vans, you will have the opportunity to spot sedentary, wintering, summer and passing birds. Don't worry if your knowledge of the subject is limited, thanks to the guide who accompanies the group you will return in love with this natural environment that is home to so many types of birds. Surely you will be able to distinguish a lagoon harrier from a white stork or a common crane. Or even the names of elanio azul, redstart, northern tarabilla, musical mosquito net or gray wheatear will make sense to you. You'll really see that it's very rewarding to guess which is which through binoculars.
Everything you need to know
• Minimum 4 people.
• Guided tours can be requested in Catalan, French or Portuguese.
• Departures: all year round. The best times are spring, autumn and winter. It can also be done in summer in the afternoons (when it's less hot).
• You can book the activity with transport included from any accommodation or meeting point in Huelva. A fuel surcharge will be charged for locations farther away.
• The excursion is done in 9-seater vans occupied by 8 people. In the case of larger groups, small buses are used.
• Travel is paid separately.