Birdwatching in the Marismas del Tinto and the Palos Lagoons
|Languages||Spanish - English|
|Number of participants||Minimum 1 person - Maximum 8 people|
What the experience includes
In the province of Huelva you will find activities as educational and interesting as visiting the bird paradise of the Tinto River estuary. This wetland, located between the Doñana Natural Park and the mouth of El Tinto, concentrates a series of protected areas that seem like an oasis between the areas dedicated to industry or the cultivation of the exquisite strawberry of these lands. The area is populated by lagoons and marshes that are home to a rich fauna adapted to this habitat. Without a doubt, this half-day trip is ideal for bird and nature lovers, in general.
This excursion takes you exactly through the marshes located next to the Tinto River, through the Estero Domingo Rubio Natural Park and the Primera de Palos Lagoon where it is possible to observe a large number of specimens of waterbirds. There you will have the opportunity to recognize sedentary birds such as the common calamón, the osprey, the spatula, the cattle and crab egrets, the common egret, the hoopoe brown porrón or the miller sparrow. Some wintering birds such as the cormorant, the common goose, the tailed duck or the red-billed pagaza, among many others; and summer birds, such as the imperial heron, the bee-eater or the carrasqueña warbler, are also assiduous. Among the migrants there are such interesting ones as the Iberian mosquito net, the Temminck sandpiper or the dark archibebe.
For this excursion that takes place in the surroundings of Palos, where Columbus left in 1492, everything is easy. They can even pick you up at your accommodation for a small fee. Once in the vehicle and with the help of an expert bird guide, you will pass through banks and marshes to locate waders and seabirds. Emotion is guaranteed.
Everything you need to know
• Minimum 4 people.
• Departures: all year round, it is recommended to visit in the mornings in winter and during the afternoons in summer.
• Guided tours can be requested in Catalan, French or Portuguese. List of birds in different languages.
• You travel in a 9-seater vehicle for groups of up to 8 people. In case the group is larger, small buses are used.
• Guided group tour in a vehicle.
• Pick-up from the hotel or meeting point can be done throughout the province of Huelva but is paid as an additional extra to the visit. For longer distances there is an additional charge for fuel consumption.