Everything you need to know
Enjoying your holidays on the coast of Huelva is a rewarding experience, as it allows you to do such exciting activities as jet skiing along the border between Spain and Portugal. The jet ski trip, after a short course that is very useful for those who have no experience, starts at the Isla Canela Marina, from where the adventure begins. From there the ride continues in the direction of the Guadiana River, which is the natural Spanish-Portuguese border. Feeling the breeze on your face - and the adrenaline of speed - you pass between Villareal de San Antonio, where its Pombaline architecture can be seen in the distance, and the picturesque town of Ayamonte in Huelva. Other towns such as Gerreiros do Río and Foz de Odeleite, Alcoutim and Sanlúcar del Guadiana will follow. The sensation of seeing their profiles from the water is unforgettable.
The return from the jet ski excursion across the border is at full speed along the slow-moving waters of the Guadiana River before entering the spout of the Canela neighbourhood. It is very interesting to observe the marshy surroundings of this area as you approach the town of Isla Cristina before finishing at the Marina Isla Canela base port. Don't forget to bring a swimming costume as you will be swimming in the fine sandy islands of Isla Canela.
The whole activity lasts two hours, which is enough time to discover the thrill of sailing on a jet ski for the 40 miles covered. No special licence is required to drive this type of vehicle and you will be accompanied by a specialised instructor who will guide you on this small expedition. Finally, you should know that there is the possibility of renting a GoPro 8 camera to record all the activity on an SD card and remember it or show it to friends.
- Distance: about 40 miles.
- Difficulty level: Medium.
- Optional: GoPro 8. You can also bring your own camera (at your own risk).
- No qualifications required.
- A deposit of 100 € (cash or credit card) is required and will be returned at the end of the tour.
- The bike has watertight compartments where you can store things in a waterproof bag.
- Jet ski rental (1 or 2 people).
- Accompaniment by qualified instructor/s.
- Approved waistcoats.
- Photo gift.
- You can rent a GoPro 8 camera.
What to bring
- T-shirt and swimming costume.
- Sunscreen is recommended.