Visit to the Royal Palace and the Prado Museum, discover the most monumental Madrid
|Languages||English - Spanish|
A guided tour of Madrid's greatest cultural highlights is not only possible but highly recommended. The two most outstanding attractions in the Spanish capital, the Royal Palace and the Prado Museum, can be combined in a pleasant tour that crosses Madrid's main thoroughfares. On the visit to the Prado Museum, which takes 90 minutes, you will discover great works of art from all over the world, with canvases by Murillo, Rubens, Velázquez, Murillo and Titian, among others. From this important art gallery, the tour continues on foot to the Royal Palace. Along the way you will admire the Paseo del Prado, the Neptuno fountain, the Barrio de las Letras with the Casa de Cervantes, the Congreso de los Diputados, the Madrid de los Austrias and the famous Puerta del Sol, always with the explanations of the guide accompanying the group. From this popular square it only takes a few minutes to get to the Royal Palace, a visit that never disappoints due to the sheer size of the building, the beautiful interior rooms and the unique changing of the guard. Curiosities about the monarchs who have passed through here also form part of the tour. What's more, you'll be pleased to know that all tours are in priority access areas (without the usual long queues) and include official guides and entrance tickets. This is one of those perfect tours to familiarise yourself with the city and get to know some of its must-see sights.
Everything you need to know
- Meeting point: At 9:45 a.m. in Plaza de Oriente, next to the sculpture of Felipe IV.
- Departures: Every day of the week.
- Cancellations: If they are made before 48 hours before the start of the activity you will get 100% refund; if they are between 48 and 24 hours before the start, you will get a 50% refund; and if they have been cancelled in the last 24 hours before the start, you get nothing.
- Entrance to the Royal Palace and the Prado Museum.
- Professional guide service throughout the tour.
- It does not include pick-up from hotels or other accommodation.