Excursion to Segovia, Avila and Toledo, 3 World Heritage Sites from Madrid
|Languages||English - Spanish|
A day trip from Madrid to Segovia, Avila and Toledo allows you to discover the beauty of three cities declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO without having to worry about a thing, as your transport and entrance tickets are included. You'll be picked up in the heart of the capital, in front of the Royal Palace, and from there you'll begin an exciting day of sightseeing to discover the major monumental landmarks of central Spain. The first city you will visit is Segovia, a must-see destination where you will visit places of great importance such as the magnificent Alcázar Real, a real fairytale fortress; the aqueduct, one of the greatest engineering works of the Roman Empire in Spain; and its beautiful Plaza Mayor. From there, the tour continues to Ávila. The city of Santa Teresa de Jesús, with its amazing wall framing the whole, has a well-preserved historic centre where it is a pleasure to stroll through its streets lined with temples and mansions. Here, you'll have free time for lunch in one of the many restaurants. Get your strength back because the next stop will be in Toledo, and the capital of Castilla-La Mancha has plenty to see and do. Known as the "City of the three cultures", you'll find dozens of places of interest related to these three religions: Christian, Jewish and Muslim. Mosques, synagogues and temples are scattered throughout the old town. And, of course, you will have a visit to the magnificent Cathedral Primada de Toledo (the second largest in Spain), where there are many curiosities and anecdotes to tell. You return to Madrid from Toledo, usually arriving at around 18:45, in time to bid farewell to the day from the capital and take in all the beauty that these three World Heritage Cities have offered you. Everything you need to know
- Meeting point: Plaza de Oriente, next to the sculpture of Felipe IV at 7:45 a.m.
- Cancellations: Cancellations made before 48 hours before the start of the tour have a 100% refund; if made between 48 and 24 hours before the start, you will receive a 50% refund; and if cancelled less than 24 hours before the start, there is no refund.
- Transport in air-conditioned minibus/van.
- Guided visits to Segovia, Avila and Toledo.
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Toledo and the Alcazar of Segovia.
- It does not include pick-up from your hotel or other accommodation.
- Lunch in Avila is not included.