Punta Cana is where glamor lives in the Dominican Republic. During an escape to the 24-hour all inclusive Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort, comprised of the Barceló Bávaro Palace and the adults-only Barceló Bávaro Beach, you’ll have luxurious experiences, exciting nightlife, glitzy ambiance and much more. For those with a taste for the finer things in life, the destination won’t disappoint, whether you are enjoying high-rolling fun at a 24-hour casino, stylish cocktails at vibrant lounges, or just lounging poolside. Get dressed up and get ready to discover how to get glamorous in Punta Cana.
Casinos and Vegas-Style Entertainment
Move over, Las Vegas! Guests of Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort will be able to enjoy some glitzy Vegas-style thrills during their getaway. In 2019, the all-inclusive resort upgraded and expanded its glamorous Casino Bávaro – which was already one of the top Caribbean casino and gaming destinations (recently recognized in Travel Weekly’s prestigious Magellan Awards). At the 24-hour casino, you’ll be able to try your luck at roulette, blackjack, Caribbean Stud and much more. Casino Bávaro also hosts a weekly Casino Vegas Night, during which you’ll experience the casino’s wide variety of machines, roulette and electronic Blackjack in a Sin City-inspired setting.
- Good to know: When you feel like taking a break from gambling, take a walk over to Barceló Bávaro Palace’s Vegas-style Grand Teatro Bávaro. The offerings here include skilled dancers accompanied by live music performed by an outstanding orchestra. If all that dancing gets you in the mood, take a trip over to the sparkly Bávaro Nightclub, with DJs and dancing.
Luxury Punta Cana shopping
Looking good is half the battle when it comes to glamor! From American-style shopping malls to more authentic Dominican retail options, there are plenty of places for a glam shopping spree in Punta Cana. At Palma Real Shopping Village you’ll find an array of high-end stores (often with surprisingly reasonable price tags). Another option is San Juan Shopping Center, which offers more than 60 stores and restaurants. For authentic Dominican arts and crafts, try Plaza Bavaro, where vendors sell a wide variety of handcrafted goods. Located in along Punta Cana’s main boulevard near the Punta Cana International Airport, the 18,857-square-foot Blue Mall Punta Cana offers 86 shops and vendors, where you can find an array of beloved brands – Nike, Aldo, L’Occitane and beyond.
- Good to know: Many Punta Cana stores are cash-only establishments! Be prepared.
Dominican coffee, rum & cigars
The Dominican Republic is world famous for coffee, rum and cigars — a timelessly glamorous blend to be sure. Appropriately, Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort’s Coffee, Rum & Cigar Lounge Bar is a great place to get acquainted with these signature D.R. experiences. Sit back and relax and enjoy the best of the country’s offerings in an elegant setting during your glamorous Punta Cana vacation.
- Good to know: For everything you need to know about Dominican rum, click here.
Bebe Catamaran excursion
Unleash your inner Beyoncé! You’ll feel like a true global superstar as you glide down the Bávaro coast aboard the glam-tastic Bebe Catamaran. On an extremely Instagrammable four-hour trip, you’ll enjoy on-board entertainment, authentic Dominican eats and plenty of tasty tropical libations. At the most scenic spots, the Bebe will drop anchor so you can dive into the crystal-clear waters to snorkel amidst beautiful marine life. Learn more.
Punta Cana spa options
Glamor is a state of mind. And at Barceló’s state-of-the-art U-Spa, every detail has been considered to rejuvenate your body, mind and soul. Ease into a deep tissue massage, perfect for anyone with tensions caused by stress or sports. Enjoy a unique hot stone holistic treatment, an ancient ritual that will transport you to a state of deep calm. Purify with a deep cleansing facial, including extractions and stimulating masks that improve the appearance of the skin, leaving it cleaned and balanced.
Punta Cana nightlife
In the mood for a glitzy night out on the town? Glamorous Punta Cana nightlife will deliver everything you need – and much more.
- Imagine Punta Cana is one of the best Dominican nightlife destinations – a series of interconnected caves, each one with a different theme and vibe. Vacaciones Barcelo can get you there in comfort and style.
- Jewel, located at the Plaza Palma Real Shopping Mall, lets you mix and mingle with locals and visitors amidst high-tech light shows and the island’s best DJs.
- Drink Point on Avenida España is hopping seven nights a week, with bachata and merengue music inspiring mingling and dancing. This Punta Cana nightlife hot spot takes having fun seriously.
- One of the only hookah bars in Punta Cana, Black Diamond Hookah Lounge is a supremely relaxed spot to spread out on comfy pillows and enjoy cocktails, food and hookah with friends.
- Check out a few more Punta Cana nightlife spots to visit.
Start planning your glamorous Punta Cana vacation now. Check out all the great offers available at Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort.