Sometimes, you just need to indulge in the finer things. Luckily, the ultimate experience is within reach when you stay at Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort, a comprehensive all-inclusive resort comprised of the Barceló Bávaro Palace and the adults-only Barceló Bávaro Beach. Both in and around this Dominican Republic resort situated in Punta Cana, you’ll find all kinds of elevated activities and upscale experiences. Here are just a few luxurious things to do in Bávaro.
Sometimes, the real luxury is being able to leave everything behind. For disconnecting at its best, take an excursion out to Saona Island. Located just off the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, is pretty close to heaven on earth. The island (discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1494), is packed with a picture-perfect sights and experiences. You’ll see lush mangroves swaying in the breeze. You’ll snorkel in crystal clear waters. You’ll relax on pristine white sand beaches. A daytrip to Saona Island will make it feel like you’re a million miles away from all of your cares.
The Lakes Golf Course, By P.B. Dye
Love golf? You’re in luck. Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort is home to The Lakes Golf Course, a world-renowned 18-hole golf course designed by P.B. Dye. Not familiar with P.B. Dye? With more than 80 courses to his name (three of which are among Golf Digest’s hundred best golf courses in the world), Dye has earned a reputation as one of the world’s greatest golf course architects – and The Lakes may be his crowning achievement. Taking full advantage of the gorgeous Punta Cana scenery, a round here is one of the most fun things to do in Bávaro
Crossing a leafy mangrove forest, the golf course boasts 25 inland lakes, 122 strategically placed sand traps and is surrounded by native plants and species. The course makes the most of its natural surroundings, allowing guests to feel immersed in the tropical atmosphere. With 6.655 yards from the professional tee, 18 holes, and championship par 72, it has quickly become most popular golfing destination in the Bávaro and Punta Cana area.
- Good to know: By staying in Barcelo Bávaro Grand Resort’s Premium Level accommodations, guests will enjoy a free round of golf per person all year round.
Whether you are an aficionado, or simply curious, discovering Dominican Republic cigars is one of the best things to do in Bávaro. The country is the world’s largest cigar producer, and connoisseurs prize Dominican cigars for their distinctive flavor profile. For a swanky introduction to cigars, head to Vivaldi in Punta Cana. For more than two decades, the masters here have been trying to create the perfect Dominican cigar – and experiencing their best attempts is as good as it gets. Sit back, relax, and enjoy pure Dominican cigar bliss. Learn more about Dominican cigars.
Bávaro Helicopter Tour
Bávaro looks good from all angles. But it looks especially spectacular from above. So get onboard a helicopter and explore the Dominican Republic’s prettiest coast, one of the best things to do in Bávaro. You’ll be awestruck by the lush vegetation, crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches. The panoramic views you’ll see will stick with you the rest of your life. Want to take things to the next (very romantic) level? Book the Helicopter Champagne Night Flight, which lets you experience the beauty of a Caribbean sunset from the air.
At Barceló Bávaro Beach’s state-of-the-art U-Spa, every detail has been thought out to ensure the utmost in luxurious indulgence. Just a few of your Bávaro spa options include:
- A deep tissue massage, perfect for anyone with tensions caused by stress or sports.
- A unique hot stone holistic treatment, an ancient ritual that will transport you to a state of deep calm.
- A deep and purifying facial, including extractions and stimulating masks that improve the appearance of the skin, leaving it cleaned and balanced.
- An energizing chocolate wrap that utilizes cocoa’s natural antioxidants to awaken feelings of wellbeing and happiness.
- The U-Spa’s Vichy shower, a hydrotherapy treatment involving multiple showers from head to toe, ideal for a post-massage glow.
- A couples’ massage or treatment in one of the special Duo Wellness cabins, with a private pool and garden.
Enjoy Bávaro nightlife at its most exclusive at this Punta Cana hot spot. Imagine Nightclub’s setting is extraordinary; it’s is located deep inside a series of natural caves, each one themed to please all tastes. Whether you want to dance the night away to beats spun by international DJs or chill out with a cocktail in an atmospherically lit lounge, one thing is guaranteed at Imagine: you’ll want to come back again and again.
- Good To Know: If you want an elevated Bávaro nightlife experience, try the Imagine VIP Entry Package. You’ll get private transport exclusively for you and your friends. You’ll cruise past the lines with preferred and express entry. And you’ll have a dedicated wait staff at your table, bringing you everything you need from Imagine’s extensive list of premium drinks, served by the bottle. By the end of the night, you’ll feel like a celebrity.
These are just a few of the most luxurious things to do in Bávaro. Start planning your Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort now.