Packing checklist: what to bring to Riviera Maya
Here's what to bring to Riviera Maya: what to wear, items to take, things to know, tips for traveling to Riviera Maya and much more.
So you've booked your Riviera Maya weekend getaway. Congratulations! You’re going to one of the most beautiful, most fun, most exciting places on earth. Now, what should you pack? Here's what to bring to Riviera Maya. It’s a vacation packing list with what to wear, items to take, things to know, tips for traveling to Riviera Maya and much more during your all inclusive, adults-only Royal Hideaway Playacar escape.
What to bring to Riviera Maya: Sunglasses
You probably already know this, but the Riviera Maya is a sun-soaked destination. That’s probably one of the reasons why you’ve chosen the region for your vacation! But you’ll want to protect your eyes while you’re here – bring two pairs of sunglasses. You’ll want to buy sunglasses marked 100% UV protection, ensuring that you’re getting fully covered. Another sunglasses option to keep in mind: eye doctors agree that bigger, wraparound lenses are better.
- What to bring tip: Pack a beach bag so that you can have all your Riviera Maya items in one place.
What to bring to Riviera Maya: Swimsuits
Of course, you’ll be spending plenty of time in the water, on the beach, or lounging poolside while you’re in the Riviera Maya. It’s just part of the lifestyle here. So definitely pack a few swimsuits – you’ll need them!
- What to wear tip: Maybe you’ve arrived on your vacation and you discover you’re in need of a new swimsuit or two? No worries. Take a trip to Zingara, a Playa del Carmen swimsuit store, located in the Paseo del Carmen Shopping Center.
What to bring to Riviera Maya: Sunscreen
Now, all that time in the sun requires skin protection. Sunscreen is a must, in order to avoid painful sunburn, dried-out skin and other solar effects. You’ll want to make sure your sunscreen is SPF 50 or higher – and remember to re-apply often while you’re out there in sun. Get more skincare tips.
- What to wear tip: For added protection, add a wide-brimmed sunhat to your vacation packing list.
What to bring to Riviera Maya: Reusable Water Bottle
Hydration is essential for any Riviera Maya vacation, whether you’re kicking back on the beach or exploring all the best Playa del Carmen attractions. Make sure you re-fill it whenever you can!
What to bring to Riviera Maya: Sundresses
The Riviera Maya climate is warm year-round, so when you’re not in your swimsuit, you’ll probably be most comfortable in a light, flowing sundress. We recommend going all out when it comes to color – you’ll match the vibrant tropical hues of the Riviera Maya itself.
- What to wear tip: Need cute outfits for a Mexico vacation? Fashionistas should make time for a Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue shopping spree, where the latest styles can be found.
What to bring to Riviera Maya: Evening Wear
The Riviera Maya is a casual place – but you might want to get dressed up from time to time. Bring some classy evening wear for an elegant night out, enjoying Royal Hideaway Playacar’s exciting bars and restaurants.
- Date night tip: You’ll never be all dressed up with nowhere to go here. For an unforgettable date night, try the Ventanas Chef’s Table, an intimate culinary experience.