Terms and conditions of the programme Barceló Pro
Terms and conditions of the programme
These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “GTC”) regulate the access and use of the Barceló Pro programme, which is property of Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L.
Identification of the parties
1. Party of the first part, for the purposes of the provisions of Article 10.1 of the Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce Act 34/2002 of 11 July [Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y comercio electrónico, LSSI], BARCELÓ GESTIÓN HOTELERA, S.L. (hereinafter, “Barceló”), is established as the service provider, with registered address at C/ José Rover Motta 27, 07006, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, holder of Tax ID Code No. B-07.918.287, registered in the Mercantile Register of Mallorca, folio 62, volume 1606, section 8, page PM-30.506, entry 1. In addition, we can provide the following contact email address for your comments: email@example.com
And as party of the second part, the legal entity hereinafter referred to as “Member”, who is registered as a member of the Barceló Pro programme (hereinafter the “Programme” or “Barceló Pro”).
2. The Member hereby states that it has the legal capacity to register at Barceló Pro, in accordance with these GTCs, which it understands and comprehends in their entirety. In the event that services are contracted on behalf of the Member by an unauthorised person, Barceló shall not be liable under any circumstances and the Member must assume the costs that this would incur.
3. The advantages of the Programme cannot be accumulated with the advantages of any other card or programme from participating companies. The Member has the right to choose the company from which it would like to receive their benefits.
Purpose of the Programme
4. The Programme is based on transactions made by the registered company through its Barceló Pro account.
5. Any company related to the travel sector (such as agencies or tour operators, for example) or any other sector may be members of the Programme (hereinafter the “COMPANY”). In addition, employees or partners of Member companies may be Members, in compliance with the provisions established in these GTCs.
6. Members can register at Barceló Pro by filling out the “New Company” form with information from the company administrator in the “Register your company” section. Once the Barceló team approves the new Member registration, Barceló will send an email to the address provided by the Member for it to access the Programme.
7. After registration, the company will receive a customer ID code, through which its employees can be registered in the programme.
8. The programme can remove registered Members who are inactive and have not carried out any activity within the period of one (1) year.
9. As the proprietary company of the Programme, Barceló reserves the right to withdraw the user code and password and to enforce the responsibilities incumbent on any Barceló Pro Member who carries out improper or fraudulent uses of the Programme or fails to comply with the rules and procedures contained in these GTCs.
10. Each Member shall have an account where the corresponding booking operations are listed with their respective dates.
11. The booking operations carried out by Members may not be transferred to another Programme Member’s account.
12. As set out in Article 27.a) of the LSSI, bookings made via Barceló Pro will include the following steps:
a) Select hotel on the homepage using search parameters and dates of stay.
b) Select type of room, number of rooms and number of guests.
c) Select extras and additional services to display the final price.
d) Enter the customer details and information in the payment method.
e) Once the booking is complete, the Member will receive two vouchers with information for said Member (with details regarding the payment method and commission details) and a voucher for the end client.
13. Once your booking is complete, details can only be modified at the Member’s request, if permitted under the terms and conditions of the rate and the situation in question. This depends on availability at the hotel and is subject to the corresponding processing fees. This applies to bookings made through the Programme, as well as the alternative methods outlined below:
- Through the MANAGE BOOKING section of the Programme.
- Through our Customer Call Centres.
- By accessing our Help Page and filling in the form created for modifying bookings.
14. In accordance with Art. 93.2.b of Spanish General Consumer and User Protection Act, the legal regulation regarding the right of withdrawal will not apply to bookings made through the Programme, as the individual terms and conditions of the offer will apply in all cases in the event of cancellation. This can be made effective for bookings made through the Programme, through the alternatives described below:
- Through the MANAGE BOOKING section of the Programme.
- Through our Customer Call Centres.
- By accessing our Help Page and filling in the form created for cancelling bookings.
15. You are hereby expressly informed that cancellations made via the Programme may incur processing charges, calculated either generically or specifically, according to the date on which the cancellation notification is received. This is all in accordance with a minimum prior notice period and the payment of the charge, which is detailed, in all cases, in the CANCELLATION section of the RATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS applicable to the booking.
The CANCELLATION section included in RATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, by default shall be understood to mean that the minimum period to cancel a booking shall be TWO (2) DAYS before the planned check-in date at the hotel, and in such circumstances the following fees or penalties may apply, depending on the case.
The cancellation date shall be the date on which BARCELÓ receives notification of your intention to partially or fully cancel the booking via one of the aforementioned methods of communication.
Penalty for cancelling at least 2 days in advance:
- Hotels in Europe, Africa, Asia and Cuba: €5.00 (EUR).
- Hotels in the USA and Latin America (not including Cuba): $5.00 (USD).
Penalty for cancelling less than 2 days in advance:
- Hotels in Europe, Africa, Asia and Cuba: 50% of the price of the reservation.
- Hotels in USA and LATAM (except Cuba): 50% of the price of the reservation.
16. Except when the cancellation has been made in accordance with the above paragraphs, if the customer does not arrive at the hotel (a no show) before 18.00 (local time at the hotel) on the day booked to arrive at the hotel, the booking will be cancelled automatically and the customer will be charged the amount indicated in the NO SHOW section included in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE RATE applicable to the booking.
If no specific provision is indicated in the NO SHOW section of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE RATE, by default the customer will be charged an amount equivalent to the price of the first night’s stay for the booking.
If you plan on arriving at the hotel later than 6:00 p.m. (local time) please contact the hotel directly (using the contact details given on your booking form) to inform them of the situation; in this respect, channels (i), (ii) and (iii) in the CANCELLATION section of the terms and conditions will not be valid for communicating any late arrival at the hotel.
17. The bookings described in the previous point may be paid via the following methods:
a) Pre-payment by bank transfer to the hotel account.
b) Pre-payment by bank transfer to the Global Collect account.
c) Direct payment from the end client at the hotel.
d) Pre-payment by card.
Barceló Pro Rewards
18. The physical person who has registered as a Member administrator will automatically be registered in the Barceló Pro Rewards (hereinafter, “Participant”). The Member employees/partners who have been registered at Barceló Pro Rewards will also be automatically registered at Barceló Pro.
19. Barceló can remove registered Participants who are inactive and have not carried out any activity to obtain points via imported bookings within the period of one year.
20. The Participant’s accumulation of points is connected with their work at the travel agency in which they are employed at the time of registering for Barceló Pro Rewards. On this basis, in the event that the user leaves their agency of employment when they entered the programme, they must redeem the points that they have accumulated up until the point of leaving the company, with prior written authorisation from the director of the agency. In the event that the director of the aforementioned agency denies the authorisation, the points shall be cancelled. In the event travel agents within the same travel agency change office, they can request for their points to be transferred to a new account associated with the new branch/office.
21. As the proprietary company of Barceló Pro Rewards, Barceló reserves the right to withdraw the participation code, to cancel the points in the account and to enforce the responsibilities that are relevant to any Barceló Pro Rewards Participant making improper or fraudulent use of the Programme, or failing to comply with the rules and procedures contained in these GTCs.
22. The aim of Barceló Pro Rewards is to carry out a promotion in which Barceló Pro Rewards Participant can earn points, which they can redeem for stays in hotels participating in the Barceló Pro Rewards programme or for gifts from the catalogue.
23. Barceló Pro Rewards Participants can earn points via the methods described below:
a) The Participant will receive 100 points when the agency or tour operator of which they are an administrator registers for the Programme.
b) Points for each room night booked at any participating Barceló Pro Rewards hotel from the moment of registering as a Participant. All room night bookings at participating Barceló Pro Rewards hotels made during the three months prior to the date that the booking is imported will be redeemable for points, as long as the booking date is later than the Member’s date of registration. The points will be awarded for the booking after the customer has checked-out from the hotel.
A user registers in the programme on 1 January and wants to access their private area on 1 July to import the following bookings:
1) Booking made on 1 May: this booking can be imported because the booking was made within three months of the import date
2) Booking made on 1 March: this booking cannot be imported because the booking was been made more than three months before the booking import date.
In both cases, the booking date must be after the date the Participant registered in the programme.
c) Each time the Participant completes one of the e-learning courses that are included in Barceló Pro Rewards, they will earn 20 points. Each one of the courses can be taken as many times as the Participant wishes, but they will only receive the corresponding points the first time they correctly answer the questions.
24. The Participant will periodically receive promotions that will multiply the number of points earned. These promotions are not accumulative. The one with the highest points will automatically be applied.
25. The channels to which points are generally applied are: Bookings direct to the hotel, through the Barceló Call Centre, bookings made using GDS's using the Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre and Worldspan codes, and bookings made through BARCELO B2B (Barceló Agents, Barceló Pro).
When you book through BARCELÓ PRO, the Member must enter their Barceló Pro Rewards Participant code in the corresponding section, in order for the booking to be automatically imported to the Barceló Pro Rewards Participant account. The points will be added to the account once they have been validated by the hotel for the booking previously registered by the Participant in the "Import Bookings" section.
For bookings made at Barceló hotels located in Latin America, points can be received for additional channels indicated in the private area.
Barceló reserves the right to vary, without prior notice, the booking channels for which points can be received. For agency networks that have agreements in place with Barceló, there may be differences in the points available per channel.
26. The points earned through Barceló Pro Rewards will not expire, as long as the Participant has registered a booking during the preceding year. In the event that more than ONE (1) year has passed without the Participant making any bookings, Barceló may either cancel all of the Participant’s available points or delete the Participant’s account, as established in these GTCs.
Barceló will inform users in advance that their points are due to expire.
27. In the event of a complaint regarding cancelled points, the Participant must present a copy of the booking voucher. There is a period of three (3) months from the date that the hotel refuses the points, to claim the points on the booking.
28. Barceló Pro Rewards Participants will belong to one of the following categories, according to their points balance and e-learning courses taken.
29. E-learning courses taken to earn a category upgrade will only count the first time each one of the courses available on Barceló Pro Rewards is completed.
30. The accumulated points can be exchanged for stays at participating Barceló Hotel Group hotels or for any product specified in the gift catalogue, unless otherwise agreed with the participating travel agency. The benefits offered in the catalogue can be periodically reviewed and modified by participating Barceló Pro Rewards companies, without the need to provide prior notice to the Participants.
31. Stays booked in participating Barceló Hotel Group hotels in exchange for points will be based on a double room, on a bed and breakfast or all inclusive rate, where this is offered by the hotel. These stays can only be enjoyed by the member, who may be accompanied by an adult and, according to hotel availability, 2 children per room, up to 11 years old. Extra points must be used to redeem children’s stays. The stay will be confirmed according to the availability of the hotel requested.
32. The points required to redeem hotel rooms are listed below, according to the brand of the participating Barceló Hotel Group hotel where the member wishes to make the booking:
33. Bookings confirmed using points can be cancelled without penalties by the Participant, up to 3 days before the check-in date. Late cancellations and no-shows will be penalised by deducting the value of the points corresponding to the first night of the booking.
To modify a booking, the member must cancel the original booking (without any loss of points, up to 3 days before the check-in date—see previous point) and then make a new booking.
34. To redeem the points for stays or gifts from the catalogue, it is essential to have the full number of points required.
35. It is possible to combine points and cash when redeeming points for bookings. If you choose the latter option and have confirmed the availability of the room(s), the value of the points for the stay selected at the time you make the request will be deducted from your account, and the value in cash will be charged during check-in at the chosen hotel. This supplement does not include any local taxes.
36. All bookings made using redeemed points will be made via our website, with a minimum of 5 days prior to the check-in date. Once the booking is confirmed, the points will be deducted from the Member’s account.
37. Items from the gift catalogue will only be delivered in Spain. Participants that are not residents in Spain may exchange their points for stays in any participating hotel or for any of the gift cards (e-cards) offered at Barceló Pro Rewards.
38. According to the availability of stock in the gift catalogue, Barceló reserves the right to exchange the gifts for others of an equal or superior level.
39. Barceló Pro Rewards Participants may transfer their points earned within Barceló Pro Rewards to any other Programme Participant. Any points awarded or given by Barceló Pro Rewards (for example, 100 points earned upon registering) cannot be transferred.
40. Barceló does not permit, and it is therefore prohibited, the sale of programme points among Participants. Barceló reserves the right to cancel those points that it believes have been sold or transferred, in violation of these GTCs.
41. Each month, Barceló will issue a statement of the operations carried out and the points obtained or used. If the statement is incorrect, the Barceló Pro Rewards Participant will inform Barceló by providing the documentation required.
42. If any of the Barceló Pro Rewards participating companies unduly denies to award points and other benefits to a Participant, the responsibility of the Barceló will be limited to correction of the error by awarding the points due, as soon as the Participant irrefutably proves their rights. Neither Barceló nor Barceló Pro Rewards are responsible for any acts or omissions on the part of companies participating in Barceló Pro Rewards, both in terms of the provision of services and anything relating to their participation in the programme, excluding the correction of errors as mentioned in this point.
43. Barceló and the other companies participating in Barceló Pro Rewards reserve the right to modify the tables of applicable points, these GTCs, or any aspect relating to Barceló Pro Rewards or the agents' participation in the programme, at any time and without any need to provide prior notice to the Participants.
44. Registered Participants can terminate their participation in the programme at any time by notifying Barceló via email firstname.lastname@example.org
45. Barceló Pro Rewards can also be cancelled at any time that the proprietary company, Barceló, deems opportune, granting the registered Participants a maximum period of THREE (3) MONTHS to redeem their points. In the event that the programme is cancelled, and once the pre-advised deadline has been reached, any points accumulated by Participants will be automatically cancelled. Barceló shall in no event be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury that may occur to the Participant in the event of said cancellation.
Additional information for the Barceló Pro Member
46. Registered members can terminate their participation in the Programme at any time by notifying Barceló via email: email@example.com
47. Barceló Pro can also be cancelled at any time that the proprietary company, Barceló, deems opportune, granting the registered Members. Barceló shall in no event be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury that may occur to the Member in the event of said cancellation.
48. Barceló reserves the right to change, either partially or in full, these General Terms and Conditions and participating companies of the Programme, when said changes shall enter into force.
Copyright, registered trademarks, software
50. All Programme content, including content, brands, graphics, logos, icons, buttons, images and software, are the property of Barceló or its content providers and are protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property regulations.
The selection, compilation, ordering, programming, design and placement of all content on the website is the exclusive property of Barceló and is protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property regulations. All software used on the website is the property of Barceló or its software suppliers and is protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property laws.
Any other use of the content or photographs from the website is strictly prohibited, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, subsequent publication, full or partial display or representation thereof without express consent from Barceló or its suppliers.
General information, law and jurisdiction
51. If any clause included in these general terms and conditions shall be declared, totally or partially, null or void, the remaining conditions of said provision or part thereof shall remain in effect and be considered to have been excluded.
52. The Barceló Pro GTCs are governed in accordance with the legal regulations as valid in Spain. For any queries that may arise regarding the interpretation and application of these GTCs, the parties expressly submit to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Palma de Mallorca, and renounce their own jurisdiction.