72 hours at Barceló Maya Riviera
Make plans now to be one of the first to experience Barceló Maya Riviera, an adults only escape in the Mexican Caribbean.
The Riviera Maya's newest all inclusive resort, Barceló Maya Riviera, is the perfect place for an adults-only getaway in the Mexican Caribbean. Opening in December 2019, it provides the home base for all kinds of adventures. Here's how to spend a weekend at this fantastic new resort, from cultural exploration to high-speed thrills to exciting nightlife. It’s all here at Barceló Maya Riviera (part of the Barceló Maya Grand Resort complex) – and much more.
- The beach is within reach. Barceló Maya Riviera Adults Only is just 47 miles from Cancun International Airport and 12 miles from Playa del Carmen.
- Barceló Maya Grand resort is six resorts in one. Barceló Maya Riviera guests can enjoy everything on offer at the rest of the 24-hour all inclusive resorts of the Barceló Maya Grand Resort (including Barceló Maya Beach, Barceló Maya Caribe, Barceló Maya Colonial, Barceló Maya Tropical and the all suite, AAA Four Diamond Barceló Maya Palace). That’s an additional 22 restaurants, 10 pools, three theatres, three water parks, a bowling alley … and much more.
- The entire resort is a no-kids zone! Barceló Maya Riviera is a place that is designed for grown-ups, by grown-ups.
Day One: Relax, Refresh, Indulge
You’re on vacation. That means it’s time to unwind. And there’s no better place to do it than at Barceló Maya Riviera. Here are a few ways you can relax, refresh and indulge on your first day.
- The Beach: This one is obvious. But it’s worth noting. Barceló Maya Riviera is located on one Mexico’s most beautiful beaches. Here, you’ll find pristine white sands, sparkling waters and gentle ocean breezes. In other words, welcome to paradise.
- The Spa: The U-Spa Wellness & Fitness Center (located in the Barceló Maya Grand Resort complex) is a state-of-the-art wellness destination. Indulge in two sauna and steam rooms. Restore in the tropical and bi-thermal showers. Find your inner peace in an immersion pool. And treat yourself to one (or two!) of the many massages, facials and other wellness treatments on the menu.
- The Pool: Whether you’re floating along peacefully or enjoying a cocktail in a recliner or hammock near the water, Barceló Maya Riviera Adults Only pools are absolutely perfect.
- The Suite: From one of the 110 swim up suites, you’ll be able to walk out onto a private entrance directly into the pool. Or you can relax on your private terrace in a hot tub, enjoying the serene and beautiful Mexican Caribbean scenery. It’s the ultimate way to indulge.
Day Two: Explore Riviera Maya
There are so many things to do in Riviera Maya. On your second day at Barceló Maya Riviera, take some time to explore.
- Playa del Carmen’s Main Street: 5th Avenue Playa del Carmen – “La Quinta Avenida” to locals – is 22 blocks of high-end retailers, bars, restaurants, local shops, cafes, and much more. 5th Avenue is essentially Playa del Carmen’s Main Street – learn more about the fun you can get up to there.
- Mayan Immersion: The area surrounding Barceló Maya Riviera Adults Only is rich in history and culture. One of the best places to immerse yourself in the glories of the Mayan civilization is the town of Tulum, a short drive away. Here, you can explore the wonderfully preserved ruins of what was once one of the most important cities in all of Mexico. Learn more about Mayan culture.
- Cenote Discovery: The Riviera Maya is filled with natural swimming holes known as cenotes. Here, you’ll find crystal clear waters, aquatic life and a serene, otherworldly atmosphere. One of the most famous Mexican cenotes is the Gran Cenote, which is located not too far from the Barceló Maya Grand Resort complex. Learn more about Cenotes.
Day Three: Excitement & Nightlife
A Barceló Maya Riviera getaway is going to be FUN, no matter what type of excitement you’re looking for. On your third day, take advantage of the resort’s many offerings.
- On The Water Adventures: Scuba diving, snorkeling, paddleboarding, kite-surfing, flyboarding, kayaking, fishing … every one of these aquatic activities (and more!) is easily accessible at Barceló Maya Riviera. And the resort offers PADI certification classes if you’re a first time scuba diver, too. See what’s happening underneath the waves!
- Ventura Fly and Ride: Located inside the Barceló Grand Maya Resort complex, the brand-new Ventura Fly & Ride Park is open year-round from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Ventura Fly & Ride Park (made up of two areas, Ventura Fly and Ventura Ride) offers thrilling attractions and experiences, including zip lining and a off-roading track.
- Barceló Maya Riviera Nightlife: Open late ‘til 2am, the vibrant Jaguar Nightclub features top-notch DJs spinning the latest international tunes and a lively dance-floor – not to mention free house drinks. Meanwhile, The Kukulcán Theater hosts shows every night of the week, with everything from Vegas-style revues to traditional dance troupes from the Yucatan to symphony orchestras.