Guide To Playa del Carmen’s 5th Avenue
As one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mexico, 5th Avenue Playa del Carmen is 22 blocks of shopping, restaurants, cafes, and much more.
As one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mexico, 5th Avenue Playa del Carmen – “La Quinta Avenida” to locals – is 22 blocks of high-end retailers, bars, restaurants, local shops, cafes, and much more. 5th Avenue is essentially Playa del Carmen’s Main Street. While you’re enjoying an all-inclusive getaway at the all-inclusive Royal Hideaway Playacar, don’t miss your chance to explore this Riviera Maya hot spot, with Playa del Carmen’s best hotels, shopping, dining, attractions, bars and nightlife.
Best 5 Avenue Playa del Carmen Shopping
5th Avenue Playa del Carmen’s shopping options are endless. Here are just a few stores to get you started on an unforgettable shopping spree.
- Paseo del Carmen – Located right at the beginning of La Quinta Avenida, Paseo del Carmen is an Mediterranean-style outdoor Playa del Carmen shopping mall featuring an array of upscale shops, including Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger, Zara, and Armani Exchange.
- Rosalia – Nestled on 5th Avenue between 12th and 14th streets, Rosalia is a must-visit for anyone looking for the best authentic Mexican goods, such as dynamic apparel, handmade purses and home furnishings.
- Sol Jaguar – Mexican culture is on full-display at Sol Jaguar. At this expansive store, you’ll discover beautiful textiles, traditional pottery and hand-painted wood carvings. Careful, you’ll spend a lot of time looking at the offerings here!
- Hacienda Tequila – Are you a tequila aficionado? Then don’t miss Hacienda Tequila. The store is packed from floor to ceiling with hundreds of varieties of genuine Mexican tequila, not to mention fun tequila-related souvenirs.
Best 5 Avenue Playa del Carmen Dining
Hungry? 5th Avenue Playa del Carmen’s best restaurants won’t disappoint, no matter what you’re in the mood for.
- Chez Celine – If you’re in search of breakfast and Playa del Carmen’s best cup of coffee, go to Chez Celine, a French-style café with freshly made pastries and a charming ambiance.
- Aldea Corazon – This restaurant is like entering another world away from the bustle of La Quinta Avenida; Aldea Corazon’ décor includes a cenote and a Mayan ruin! The food is great, too, with a menu full of classic Mexican food.
- Los Hijos de la Tostada – A favorite among locals and visitors alike, Los Hijos de la Tostada is your spot for fresh seafood on 5th Order the seafood tostada and say hello to culinary bliss.
- Axiote – Located on 34th between 5th Avenue and 10th Ave., Axiote is a classy-but-casual restaurant in the gastropub style, with great Mexican fusion cuisine and handcrafted cocktails. Perfect for a La Quinta Avenida date night!
Best 5 Avenue Playa del Carmen Family Attractions
The family fun never stops on La Quinta Avenida!
- Parque Fundadores – Traveling with kids in Playa del Carmen? Parque Fundadores (Founding Fathers Park) is a great 5th Avenue family attraction. Located right on the beach, the park features amazing art installations and a large, pirate-themed playground that your kids will love.
- Playa del Carmen Aquarium – Located right off of 5th Avenue Playa del Carmen, this state-of-the-art aquarium offers up-close-and-personal encounters with incredible aquatic life – 200 species in 45 exhibits. During a visit here, you’ll see sharks, jellyfish, starfish, rays and a dazzling array of colorful fish.
Best 5 Avenue Playa del Carmen Bars & Nightlife
Whether you’re looking for a high-energy night out on the town or a chilled-out Riviera Maya evening, 5th Avenue Playa Del Carmen nightlife always delivers.
- Coco Bongo – The thrilling nightclub Coco Bongo is your destination for guaranteed after-hours excitement, with live bands, acrobatic dancers, DJs and dazzling lights creating an extremely energetic vibe.
- Bar Ranita – A laid-back local bar located just off 5th Avenue, Bar Ranita offers a (relatively) quiet atmosphere if you’re looking to enjoy a beers and/or cocktails with friends and family.
- Kixten – One of Playa del Carmen’s most glamorous nightclubs, Kixten attracts the jet set and celebrities year-round. It’s a great place for live music – the club is owned by the singer/songwriter/guitarist of beloved Mexican rock band Caifanes.