The best restaurants in Cancún: where (and what) to eat
The best restaurants in Cancún range from fine dining to casual taquerias, from family friendly eateries to classy cafes.
Wondering where to eat in Cancún? During your stay at the all inclusive Occidental Costa Cancún, discover some incredible flavors with this Cancún restaurants guide. The best restaurants in Cancún range from fine dining to casual taquerias, from family friendly eateries to classy cafes. Here are just a handful of the best places to eat in Cancún.
Lobster at Lorenzillo’s
Location: Blvd. Kukulkán Km 10.5, Zona Hotelera, CancúnIn the Riviera Maya, lobster is king – and one of the best restaurants in Cancún to enjoy this seafood delicacy is Lobster at Lorenzillo’s. Located on the famed Boulevard Kukulkán, it’s been wowing diners for decades now with its fresh-caught lobster (brought in daily from Baja and Isla Mujeres), served any way you like it: steamed, grilled, broiled and beyond.
- What to Order: The amazing La Brujula is a jumbo lobster taco served with rice, seasoned with pinto beans, guacamole and spicy serrano chilli peppers.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Location: La Isla Shopping Village, Blvd. Kukulkán km 12.5, La Isla, Zona Hotelera, 77500 CancúnCancún restaurants aren’t all about Mexican food. Thai Lounge is not only one of the best restaurants in Cancún for Thai food – it’s also one of the most picturesque spots in the city. Overlooking the beautiful Nichupte Lagoon, Thai Lounge’s open-air deck features charming palapa-roofed dining areas – just right for watching a classic Cancún sunset while you eat.
- What to Order: Share an order of Manora with friends – it’s deep fried, marinated shrimp in rice paper with a tangy dipping sauce.
Location: Av.Yaxchilan, CancúnIf you’re looking for something quick and casual, XB Restaurante is a great family friendly Cancún dining option. With a menu filled with favorites (pizza, burgers, nachos and much more) and a high-energy atmosphere, it’s one of the best places to eat in Cancún.
- What To Order: The desserts at XB Restaurante are tempting. Why not share a hot fudge sundae or two? You’re on vacation after all.
Location: Av. Xpujil Sur 29, 19, 77533 CancúnA little bit of Paris comes to Cancún, thanks to Café Antoinette. A great place for breakfast and coffee, the ambiance here is delightful, with French-inspired décor and enticing smells filling the air. C’est magnifique!
- What To Order: Don’t miss the handmade macarons at Café Antoinette. They’re as delicious as they are pretty.
Location: Margaritas 25, CancúnOne of the best places to eat in Cancún, La Habichuela has been a favorite Riviera Maya restaurant since the 1970s. Serving traditional Mexican cuisine and fresh Caribbean seafood, it’s an ideal spot for a family dinner. Ask for a table out on the open-air garden, where twinkling lights will accompany your meal.
- What To Order: La Hibichuela’s famous Cocobichuela is a must for seafood-lovers. You’ll enjoy lobster and shrimp, cooked in curry sauce – all served in a fresh coconut.
Location: Av. Yaxchilan, Sm. 17,Mza. 2, Lote 4, CancúnIf you’re a confirmed carnivore, one of the best places to eat in Cancún is Bovino’s Churrascaria. A Brazilian-style steakhouse where servers carve your meat tableside, this restaurant is guaranteed to please every member of the family (even vegetarians will love the salad bar). The extensive wine list can’t be beat, either!
- What To Order: Save room for dessert! Bovino’s Churrascaria offers some of the best flan in Cancún.