Communicating rooms with the optional added luxury of sea views.
- Wi-Fi connection (free of charge)
Indicative price per night in a double room (My Barceló Rate)
The Occidental Costa Cancún**** hotel (belonging to the Barceló Hotel Group and formerly known as the Barceló Costa Cancún) faces the Caribbean Sea on the famous Kukulcán Boulevard. Its views of Linda beach make this hotel a beautiful holiday destination, where you can relax as never before in a unique environment.
Barceló Hotel Group’s concept of health and safety.
Our seal of health represents and guarantees all our experience and research in health, safety and hygiene, adapted to the new situation.
This programme introduces new protocols and strengthens measures to comply with recommendations from WHO, international bodies such as the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council) and government institutions in each country where we operate.
Visit the We Care About You page, where you can find additional information and interactive maps with all the details!
Barceló Hotel Group’s concept of health and safety.
Strengthened cleaning protocols under the supervision of a new hygienist responsible for guaranteeing complete disinfection of the hotel. Specific audits will be carried out to verify the new protocols before the hotel opens and the usual audits will be strengthened for regular verification by our partners:
Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 4,5 . 77500 Cancún Mexico
Cancun International Airport 28 km away
Pok-Ta-Pok Golf Course (by Robert Trent Jones Jr.) 3 km away
Playa Linda 1 km away
The hotel has a enormous swimming pool with a water fountain in the center, with areas for sun loungers (sun loungers) in and out of the water.
There are also sun shades and a special shallow area for the youngest members of the family.
The hotel has Flip Club, a kid’s club where the youngest members of the family can learn while they play.
We offer a large number of scheduled and supervised activities by professional supervisors, always trying for children to have fun and spend a fantastic holiday. Their opening hours are 9.00 to 17.00. and is exclusively for children aged 4 to 11.
Families can request the babysitting service, so parents can enjoy some time to themselves.
The majority of rooms in the hotel are large and have a capacity for up to 4 people, so that the whole family can be together in the same room with the maximum comfort. Free cots are also available.
Guests can enjoy a fully equipped fitness studio to stay in shape and relax in the stunning hotel spa.
This is the best way to enjoy a Turkish bath and sauna at no additional cost, as well as a large range of massages, subject to an additional cost.
· Massages: Relaxation, Muscular, Hot stone, Double for you, Double for 2, Sports fan and For the traveller.
· The body cure: Green mud wrap, Citrus body polish with salt, Mud massage, Chocolate body wrap, Herbal treatment, Sun rescue, Sports fan and Anti-cellulite exfoliation.
· Facial treatments: Hydrating facial, Antioxidant, Fast cleansing, Sun rescue, Luxury facial and Luxury reflexology facial.
Opening hours: from 8.00 to 20.00
Entry prohibited to people under 18 years old.
With the warm and friendly reception you will receive from all the staff at Barceló Hotels & Resorts, our fully qualified staff will offer:
· Airport pick-up
· Assistance at the hotel
· Confirmation of flight details and booked services
To book your transfer when you are booking your stay, include the following information in the "Additional Requests" section:
· Name and surname of each person
· Arrival and departure flight numbers
· Payment method
· It is important that we receive your flight information at least 48 hours in advance, otherwise your transfer cannot be scheduled
· One suitcase per passenger. All luggage exceeding one suitcase, including golf, surfing, fishing, cycling equipment etc., will be considered and charged as (an) extra passenger(s), as long as you have notified us of this during the booking process. If you arrive with any excess luggage without prior notification, it will be charged as a private transfer
· The operating hours of the group transfer service is from 8.00 to 21.00 (Mexican time) All arrival and departure services outside these operating hours will be treated as private services.
· Group transfers are subject to a maximum waiting time of 25 minutes and a maximum of 4 hotel stops. Disabled passengers should reserve their transfer in advance. The price is subject to quotation and vehicle availability
One of the great attractions of the Occidental Costa Cancún is the range of sports it offers, particularly water sports.
Thanks to its privileged location on the seafront, you can enjoy snorkelling, windsurfing, kayaking, water polo and sailing. For those guests who are beginners at snorkelling, there are demonstrations in the hotel’s pool.
Among its facilities is a fitness centre equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, such as exercise bikes, treadmills and step machines. We also offer table tennis close to the La Trattoria restaurant and a giant chess board near the pool.
Golf lovers can enjoy their favourite sport at Pok-ta-pok, an excellent course 3 km from the hotel.
The hotel has an endless number of sports activity centres in the vicinity, offering classes, equipment hire and lessons for water sports and land-based sports alike, so that the most enthusiastic guests can make the most of the great offers that beautiful Cancun beach has available.
The hotel offers programmed excursions to the main tourist sites:
· Chichen Itza:
One of the seven wonders of the modern world.
Admission to the cenote and ruins
Breakfast (coffee and bread) and buffet lunch (typical of the region)
Drinks on board the bus (beer, coffee, soft drinks)
Does not include drinks during lunch.
Tour days: every day.
· Ek-Balam – Mayan Cenote
Visit to the Ek-Balam archaeological site, an ancient Mayan city.
Traditional lunch and drinks
Entrance tickets to Ek-Balam and cenote
Equipment for the activities
Sun loungers, towels and lockers
Optional: swimming, snorkelling, abseiling, rope walks and zip wire (at the cenote).
Price does not include tips, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs or photographs.
Tour days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
· Mayan Jungle
A ride through the jungle. Here you can enjoy snorkelling, bike rides or take part in a Mayan ceremony.
Travel in a 4x4 Mercedes Benz
Abseiling in a cenote
Mayan ceremony (presented by a genuine Mayan shaman)
Swimming in 2 cenotes (life jacket and snorkelling equipment)
Lunch with regional fare (buffet)
Entry to the park
Tour days: from Monday to Saturday.
The Occidental Costa Cancún is aware of the impact that its activities have and is therefore committed to caring for the environment and its surroundings by taking action to make it more sustainable.
Based on the above, the hotel is committed to the following:
1. Always to comply with and respect municipal, state and national laws, as well as other applicable requirements.
2. To be a source of employment for the community close to the hotel, working to develop the destination
3. To decrease the amount of energy it uses by means of improved control and monitoring, updating equipment and facilities, and promoting responsible consumption.
4. To use hotel drinking water efficiently by controlling leaks and excessive use, and by encouraging others to reduce waste.
5. To foster a culture in which materials are used less and re-used, while implementing an ongoing programme of recycling solid waste, thus decreasing the amount of waste sent to landfill and damage to the environment.
6. To use legally compliant, environmentally-friendly products that reduce the impact of pollution on the environment.
7. To look after the local flora and fauna; the hotel participates in programmes to protect local species and avoids the use of invasive and exotic species in the gardens.
8. To make responsible purchases, preferring local products to imported ones, helping the ecological and economic health of the region.
9. To keep hotel employees, guests and suppliers informed about environmental matters in order to improve processes and work techniques.
10. To offer an dignified working environment, opposing the exploitation of children and racial, cultural, social and sexual discrimination.
11. To contribute to non-profit-making charities.
In order to fulfil the above commitments, the hotel will set in place a plan to manage sustainability and an environmental compliance programme.
· We provide guests with the responsible tourist code of practice.
See the code of practice here.
Check-in time at the Occidental Costa Cancún is any time after 15.00, while check-out time is any time before 11.00. Guests can still enjoy the hotel facilities once they have checked out, depending on availability. Check with reception upon checking out.
The Occidental Costa Cancún has parking free of charge for hotel guests.
Yes, the Occidental Costa Cancún hotel is disabled guest friendly. Check with the hotel reception with regards to which services and facilities are adapted for wheelchairs.
No, pets are not allowed at the Occidental Costa Cancún.
Yes, the Occidental Costa Cancún offers food and drink options for guests with food intolerances.
The Wi-Fi connection is free of charge for hotel guests at the Occidental Costa Cancún.
The staff of the Occidental Costa Cancún will be pleased to assist you in the following languages: Spanish and English.
Yes, the Occidental Costa Cancún offers room service for guests. You can find all of the information regarding our room service menu and prices in the room.
Yes, breakfast at the Occidental Costa Cancún is included in the hotel guest’s accommodation.
The minimum age to enter the spa & wellness area of the Occidental Costa Cancún is 18. There is an additional fee for hotel guests to enter. Consult the rates that we offer.