Bávaro Adventure Park: maximum adrenaline in Punta Cana
In 2011, an initiative was launched to complement the amusements and adventure activities offered by Punta Cana’s big hotels and resorts. From Day One, it set out to give customers a package of experiences they would never forget. Outdoor adventure, in harmony with the environment, and adapted to the skill and ability levels of all kinds of people, is offered with complete safety guaranteed. A range of activity options for the whole family and, best of all, maximum excitement. Welcome to Bávaro Adventure Park!
What is Bávaro Adventure Park?
Over 15 attractions, all on one site, and just a few minutes from your hotel. That’s Bávaro Adventure Park. This eco-friendly tourist and adventure park (spread over 40 hectares and with 5.5 km of eco-trails) is the perfect place to have fun with all the family, enjoying the adrenaline rush and the natural world, in the heart of Punta Cana’s tourist belt, between Playa Bávaro and Playa Punta Cana.
The first-class quality of the Park’s attractions (from its zip lines to its horse-riding trails, and including its paintball facility and its flight simulator) as well as the standard of its safety measures, essential for the enjoyment of an incident-free experience, are two of the outstanding features of Bávaro Adventure Park. The qualified staff who will accompany you within the Park, and the high quality of the equipment used for the activities are your main guarantees of a super, fun-filled day out during your holiday.
Moreover, the outdoor activities that you can enjoy at Bávaro Adventure Park are totally eco-friendly. From the very outset, this park was to be an environmentally sustainable project, co-existing in perfect harmony with the area’s rich natural heritage.
Attractions and activities: choose your adventure
One of the great features of the Bávaro Adventure Park is its diversity. In other words, the Park offers options for all tastes, ages, and levels of physical exertion. How do you fancy a zip-line track that ends with a fun “splash-down” — or a tour in a 4×4 buggy? Or would you rather take a stroll through the forest searching for butterflies and orchids, before relaxing in a nice pool with a waterfall? Discover the Park’s main attractions, and decide where you want to go.
- Zipline Mega Splash: whizz around the Park on this circuit of 6 zip lines, plus a Himalayan Bridge, and land on water with the the sensational Mega Splash Cable.
- Zorbing Downhill Revolution: feel the thrill as you zoom downhill inside a huge, cushioned plastic bubble.
- Segway Extreme Driver: ride the Park’s trails in a fun, gyroscopic Segway All Terrain electric scooter.
- Waterfall Pool: relax and enjoy the lagoon pool, with its refreshing waterfall and amazing views of the surrounding tropical landscape.
- Dinosaur World Jurassic Adventure: come face-to-face with gigantic animals that lived 65 million years ago; 22 full-scale animatronic dinosaurs in natural settings – including, of course, the famous T-Rex.
- Horseback Riding: experience the Park like a real Dominican rider on this wonderful horseback tour in the heart of nature.
- Zipline Pro: feel the adrenaline rush on this fast, 7-zip-line circuit, which starts with a climbing wall and a hanging bridge.
- Zipline Regular: enjoy the thrill of whizzing through the air on this zip-line circuit, which includes hanging bridges.
- Zipline Splash: try this circuit of 4 zip lines which culminates in a cooling splash-down.
- BMX Pump Track: explore your limits on the dynamic BMX cross-country bike track with bends, ramps, ridges, etc. — perfect for the most daring souls!
- Eco-Tour: Join the park rangers on a pleasant walk along the Park’s eco-trails, and learn about the area’s flora and fauna.
- Bungee Trampoline: attempt acrobatic jumps, and find out what it feels like to fly, with these fun bungee-trampolines.
- Climbing Garden: explore this spectacular aerial track in the form of a pirate ship, with 26 challenges suspended several meters above the ground!
- Mountain Bike: the best way to experience the Park’s magical natural world whilst keeping active — on two wheels, of course.
- Flight Simulator: Take to the air, and capture a fantastic 360o bird’s-eye panorama.
- Playground: The youngest members of the family will have incredible fun in this exciting children’s play area.
- Paintball Rapid Shooter: test your skills and marksmanship, hide out in the bunkers, escape over the obstacles — action, excitement and maximum adrenaline in two fantastic, themed scenarios.
In addition to the experiences you can enjoy inside the Park itself, Bávaro Adventure Park offers two further adventures that you’ll love: the Buggy VIP Tour and the Polaris VIP Tour. Decide which off-road vehicle you prefer, the Buggy or the Polaris, to travel along the dirt roads to the unspoilt beaches of Cabo Engaño — the island’s easternmost point, where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. An exhilarating adventure in the midst of nature, guided by the Park’s expert staff. Of course, these off-road tours can be combined with Bávaro Adventure Park’s other attractions for a truly awesome day out.
Bávaro Adventure Park also has rest areas, a souvenir shop and a photo gallery, where you can buy photos of your visit (cameras and cell-phones are not allowed in any of the attractions), as well as an area with sun loungers, baths with sprinklers, lockers, a restaurant and hydration points throughout the Park, in addition to other services.
Information of interest
The price you pay depends on the activity package you choose and how much time you wish to spend in the Park. For example, a Half-Day Pass with 3 activities included costs 109 USD (with a 50% reduction for children aged 6 – 12 years); a Full-Day Pass, with unlimited activities and lunch included, costs from 149 USD (again with 50% off for children aged 6 – 12); the Buggy VIP Tour is 89 USD, and the Polaris VIP Tour is 119 USD. See all the options and up-to-date prices on the official website: bavaroadventurepark.com
How to get there:
The Park is located 8.5 km along the Boulevard Turístico del Este, between Playa Bávaro and Punta Cana. You can use a taxi if you wish, but the Park offers its own free transport service if you book directly on its website. Various tour operators offer excursions to the Park, including transport, and in some cases these are combined with visits to other attractions in the area.