Cala Vadella, Ibiza’s cove of magical sunsets
One of the most beautiful coves in Ibiza is Cala Vadella, a corner on the west coast of the island that combines beauty and tranquillity as a whim of nature. The landscape of Cala Vadella is like a natural harbour protected from tides and winds, where the small beach is the place’s jewel in the crown.
Cala Vadella is a picture-postcard cove worthy of appearing in any tourist guide or catalogue. Crystal-clear waters, white sand, boats moored in front of it and a tiny bay that is breathtaking.
The bay is so enclosed on both sides that it gives you the feeling of being in a natural lagoon, rather than on a beach in Ibiza facing the coast of Alicante (Alicante guide). This makes it ideal for families, as it is very sheltered from the tides. The two arms of land that surround this pool are small cliffs that make the place even more magical.
- Cala Vadella, one of the best sunsets in Ibiza
- Characteristics of Cala Vadella
- Dónde comer en Cala Vadella
- Alrededores de Cala Vadella
The coastline of Cala Vadella is shallow, which is ideal for children, who can play in the water completely calmly and safely. What’s more, they can take their first steps in scuba diving and discover the marine fauna that comes close to the sandy beach.
- Just a few metres from the magnificent Port des Torrent beach
- Perfect for all the family
- All Inclusive
- Spacious, ultra-modern B-Rooms
Barceló Portinatx - Adults Only
- Located at the foot of a beautiful cove
- All rooms are refurbished
- Wellness Centre and Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Beach Club with DJ sessions
Cala Vadella, one of the best sunsets in Ibiza
As it faces the west, Cala Vadella is a spectacular place to enjoy the sunsets in this part of Ibiza, either from the mainland, from the sand or from one of the boats moored in front of the beach. Many people come here looking for that moment in front of the sun.
One of the best places to seek this very moment is on the right side of the bay. Walking along this side, you’ll reach an impressive cliff where you’ll only have the Mediterranean and the sun in front of you.
In Cala Vadella, you can also enjoy the sunset in a different way, renting kayaks or paddle boards to get a few metres away from the coast and watch the sunset from there.
Characteristics of Cala Vadella
- Length: about 250 metres.
- Width: between 50 and 80 metres.
- Type of sand: fine white sand.
- Accessibility: it has adapted accesses and in the car park there are spaces reserved for people with reduced mobility.
- Amenities: Cala Vadella has lifeguards, sun loungers, parasols, and pedal boats, showers, car parks, bars, and restaurants.
In Cala Vadella, you’ll also find many opportunities to partake in water sports and activities, such as water skiing, jet skiing, paddle surfing, snorkelling, and scuba diving. There are schools where you can book some of these activities and courses.
Where to eat in Cala Vadella
Another of the advantages of Cala Vadella is that it has many amenities. This includes a good range of dining options in the area, with bars and restaurants that have terraces in which you can enjoy a meal facing the sea and watching the sunset. As we are in the Mediterranean, paella, fish and seafood are the order of the day.
Here’s a small list of the best restaurants in Cala Vadella:
- Restaurante María Luisa: the main gastronomic attraction in Cala Vadella. A terrace right on the beach and first-class cuisine from Ibiza. An extensive menu with excellently prepared paella, fish, and seafood.
- Cana Sofía: another beachfront restaurant in the very centre of the cove. Generous portions ranging from breakfasts and sandwiches to meat and rice dishes. It’s also a cocktail bar, so we can enjoy a drink at night.
- Vadella Beach Bar: it looks like a beach bar with a terrace on the sand, but this place stands out for its healthy cuisine, offering natural juices, healthy breakfasts, and salads, as well as for its sandwiches and burgers. It also offers premium cocktails and organises events such as birthdays and pre-wedding events.
- Can Jaume: this restaurant with a terrace on the sand is the perfect place to enjoy some good paella and cocktails in front of the sunset.
The surroundings of Cala Vadella
Cala Vadella is located in an area that has lush vegetation, including pine trees and other species. It’s a wonderful environment where you can enjoy good walks near the sea. The cliffs that surround the bay are two ideal vantage points to climb to take photographs of the cove and stroll around the surrounding area.
The surroundings of Cala Vadella offer more options for enjoying nature in the heart of the Mediterranean. The steep and jagged coastline leaves little room for sand and every nook and cranny makes it difficult to get into the water for a swim. That said, it’s a magnificent place for trekking to the nearby coves, such as Cala Molí, Cala Tarida or the tiny Cala Carbó.
There are also several hiking trails inland, following the course of the Cala Vadella stream (Torrent de Cala Vadella), which allows you to get a closer look at the vegetation of Ibiza’s inland. There’s no doubt that photography enthusiasts will feel right at home here.
- A escasos metros de la magnífica playa Port des Torrent
- Perfecto para toda la familia
- Todo Incluido
- Habitaciones B-Room amplias y ultramodernas
Barceló Portinatx - Adults Only
- Ubicado a pie de una preciosa cala
- Todas las habitaciones están reformadas
- Centro Wellnes y piscina exterior
- Beach Club con sesiones de Dj's