Free cancellation up to 2 days before.
|Languages||Spanish - English|
|Number of participants||Minimum 1 person - Maximum 55 people|
What the experience includes
Enjoy the Teide National Park and its colors at sunset with Sunset & Stars, our guided excursion to Teide at night to enjoy the sunset and the stars on Teide. Experience the thrill of watching the sunset from the highest peak in Spain with the cable car at sunset and observe the stars from one of the highest quality starry skies in the world.
Forget the car to visit Teide at night. This Sunset & Stars Tour with astronomical observation includes transportation with stops en route to the Teide Cable Car to climb comfortably to 3,555 m high and enjoy the spectacle of the shadow of Teide projecting on the horizon over Gran Canaria and the highest sunset in Spain from the path to the Mirador de Pico Viejo, with the 800 m diameter crater of this volcano at your feet and views of some neighboring islands like La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma if weather conditions permit.
You will not stop sharing photos on your social networks of what is probably one of the best sunsets you have ever witnessed!
Hand in hand with our guides, you will discover all the volcanic wonders of the surroundings of the imposing path to the Mirador de Pico Viejo that, with the lights of the sunset, acquires a chromatic and scenic beauty that will remain etched in your retina.
After sunset and before you start to see the stars on Teide, you will have free time to eat something to eat. And if you don't want to bring your lunch from home, remember that you can book the activity with picnic included, we also have a vegetarian option!
Look up at the sky and enjoy the stars in one of the best starry skies in the world.
When you think you can't absorb a single emotion anymore, the spectacle of the Teide sky will surprise you in the parking lot of the base station of Teleférico, but you will be ready! In the astronomical observation included in this Sunset & Stars Tour our Starlight guides will discover the secrets of the sky of Teide, one of the three best on the planet along with those of Chile and Hawaii and from which it is possible to observe 83 of the 88 officially recognized constellations.
Enjoy the spectacle with the naked eye and with our professional telescopes, learn to orient yourself by guiding you through the sky and enjoy glimpsing the elements of Greek mythology that are hidden behind the constellations.
With the latest generation professional telescopes that you will have at your disposal during the astronomical observation of this Sunset & Stars Tour to Teide at night you will discover planets, galaxies and clusters as you have surely never seen before in a tour of the most interesting celestial objects every night. Be sure that the professional astronomical instrumentation and the quality and transparency of the sky of the summits of Tenerife, will make you enjoy a unique experience.
Teide at night: astronomical observation with a full moon.
As you know, the moon, during the lunation, its cycle of about 29 days, goes through different phases. Therefore, at least once a month, its intoxicating brightness will overshadow the faint light of the distant stars. If on the night of your Sunset & Stars Tour on Teide there is a full moon, you will take advantage of its radiant presence to delight yourself by observing its spectacular mountain ranges, craters and other lunar wonders.
If you still don't know that the Tenerife Mountains, Mount Pico and the Piazzi Smyth crater are on the moon, ask our guides where they are and why they receive these names.
Everything you need to know
- Children under 8 years old are not allowed on this excursion to Teide by night.
- This complete excursion to enjoy the Teide at night includes a walk of about 40 minutes round trip, of medium-low difficulty, for which it is necessary to be in good physical shape.
- In case the trail to the Mirador de Pico Viejo is closed due to ice or snow on the day of your Teide night hike, you will still enjoy the beautiful sunset from La Rambleta and the walk to Pico Viejo will be omitted.
- In case the weather prevents or hinders the correct visibility of the sky on the day of your excursion, our guides, supported by audiovisual materials, will make you enjoy the night sky, the constellations and the outstanding celestial objects of the night in a virtual way.
- Since the excursion includes the use of the Teide Cable Car, people with cardiovascular problems and pregnant women are not allowed because of the risk of damage to their health due to the altitude.
- People with health problems should consult their doctor before starting this excursion to Teide at night.
- According to current regulations, people with physical or motor disabilities are not allowed to ascend by cable car, due to reasons derived from the risk of evacuation.
- It is important to bear in mind that in the event that the facilities stop working for unexpected technical reasons, people who are in the upper station should make the descent on foot through steep mountain trails.
- Essential to show proof of booking, printed or on a mobile device.
Adults +14 years old
Children from 8 to 13 years old
- Transportation for small groups:
Tuesdays and Fridays from Costa Adeje (Royal Hideaway Corales)
Tuesday from Golf del Sur (Barceló Tenerife)
Friday from Los Gigantes (Allegro Isora and Barceló Santiago)
- Sunset Cable Car ticket for a maximum of 90 people, separated by language.
- English or Spanish speaking guide.
- Picnic (optional).
- Stargazing on Teide with long-range telescopes and Starlight guides.
- Visit to the Teide Observatory
- Guide in a language other than Spanish or English
- Access for people with physical or motor disabilities
More infoWhat to bring
- Warm clothing
- Appropriate footwear
Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 48 Hours or less before the activity.