It’s time for a Cancun shopping spree! During your stay at the all inclusive Occidental Costa Cancún and all inclusive Occidental Tucancún, explore the best shopping in Cancun, from unique souvenirs to fine art, jewelry and beyond. Added bonus: shopping in Cancun is tax free! Here are just a few Cancun shopping experiences (and some Cancun shopping tips!) you shouldn’t miss when you’re not kicking back on the beach or exploring the area’s many cultural attractions.
La Isla Cancún Shopping Village
Home to more than 160 national and international stores (not to mention plenty of great restaurants and entertainment experiences), the open-air La Isla Cancún Shopping Village is one of the biggest commercial centers in Cancun. One of the safest areas in Cancun to visit according to Pin and Travel, you’ll be able to browse the racks at such high-end retailers as Liverpool, La Boutique Palacio, Rolex, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo, Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera, Tiffany and many more. If your shopping spree ends up making you hungry (or thirsty), you’ve got a lot of options. La Parilla is a highly recommended taqueria. Señor Frog’s has great Margaritas and a festive atmosphere. And the LightHouse Restaurante boasts a date-night worthy locale with exceptional Cancun sights (and food to match). And after you’ve made your purchases, take a stroll and soak in the sights. La Isla Cancún Shopping Village is located right on the shores of the beautiful Nichupte Lagoon.
- Cancun Shopping Tip: La Isla Cancún Shopping Village is also home to the very fun Cancún Wax Museum with more than 100 lifelike characters from the worlds of music, television, politics, children and horror.
Plaza Las Americas
A premier Cancun shopping mall, Plaza Las America, is a beloved spot by both locals and visitors. Located on bustling Tulum Avenue, there are more than 70 stores here, offering all kinds of items, from handmade Cancun souvenirs to stylish swimwear. Bargain hunters take note! Many vendors have enticing sale items available on tables outside of their shops. Enjoy Plaza Las America’s festive and friendly atmosphere — on weekends live music by some Cancun’s best performers fills the air.
- Cancun Shopping Tip: If you’re in the mood for a movie, Cinepolis Plaza Las Americas screens first-run Hollywood blockbusters. And you’ll see your film in extreme comfort: Cinepolis offers reclining seats, delicious sushi and a fantastic selection of beverages.
Forum By The Sea
Located oceanfront, Forum by the Sea is one of the best Cancun shopping experiences. Here you’ll find your favorite international brand names: Harley Davidson, Solaris and Zingara, as well as silverware, souvenirs and beachwear and much more. Even more, there are dozens of places to eat and drink here, including Hard Rock Café, Cambalache (the famed Argentinian steak house) and Häagen-Dazs. The nightlife at Forum by the sea is notable, too. Don’t miss your chance to dance the night away at the famed Coco Bongo, one of Cancun’s best clubs. ¡Baila!
- Cancun Shopping Tip: For one of the best views in all of Cancun (plus some of the best cocktails), pay a visit to Blue Bar, located on Forum By The Sea’s third floor.
Luxury Avenue Cancun
If you’re looking to take your Cancun shopping spree to a more elevated and elegant level, Luxury Avenue is your best bet. Riviera Maya’s only boutique shopping mall isn’t as big as other Cancun shopping hot spots, but its 25 stores offer more than enough. At Luxury Avenue, you’ll find some of the most highly esteemed international brands. Elite names such as Burberry, Cartier, CH Carolina Herrera, Coach, DKNY, Ermenegildo Zegna, Fendi, LongChamp, Louis Vuitton and many more are all here.
- Cancun Shopping Tip: Don’t miss out on The Luxury Bar and Café on The Mezzanine Level of Luxury Avenue Cancun, featuring gourmet bites and cocktails.
Kukulcán Plaza (on the famed Boulevard Kukulcán, of course) offers a dizzying array of Cancun shopping options. Here, you’ll discover authentic Mexican craft shops and boutiques alongside upscale jewelry stores and perfumeries. Kukulcán Plaza is open 365 days a year, ensuring you’ll always have great brand-name retailers like Forever 21, Harley Davidson, Hugo Boss and many more (not to mention plenty of great places to eat). Don’t miss the spectacular Mayan-inspired stained glass art at the center of it all. And if you want to get even more immersed in Mayan culture, go to Kukulcán Plaza on Saturday night. Then you’ll witness the amazing spectacle of “Kukulcan: The God Who Promised to Return,” a dazzling multimedia performance with colorful costumes, authentic sights and sounds and much more.
- Cancun Shopping Tip: Kukulcán Plaza’s Tequila Museum is a fantastic place for tequila lovers to learn all about Mexico’s national spirit (and have a chance to buy a diverse selection of tequila, too). You’ll never mistake blanco for joven ever again!
Shopping in Cancun has something for everyone. Make sure to explore all of your shopping spree options.