Named after the feathered serpent (a primary Mayan deity), from the Mayan words kukul (bird) and can (snake), Boulevard Kukulcán stretches across Cancún’s central area, bordered by Caribbean Sea and the Nichupté Lagoon. It’s where you’ll find the all-inclusive beachfront resorts Occidental Costa Cancún and Occidental Tucancún. But beyond your exclusive comforts and amenities there, you’ll want to spend some time exploring Boulevard Kukulcán’s shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Shopping Spree: La Isla Cancún Shopping Village + Kukulcán Plaza
After you’ve soaked up your share of Cancún’s legendary sun, discover the city’s fantastic shopping scene.
- Home to more than 160 national and international stores (not to mention plenty of great restaurants and entertainment experiences), the open-air La Isla Cancún Shopping Village is one of the biggest commercial centers in Cancun. Browse the racks at Liverpool, La Boutique Palacio, Rolex, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo, Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera, Tiffany and many more. Located in one of Cancun’s safest areas, you’ll want to explore the very fun Cancún Wax Museum with more than 100 characters, music, television, politics, children and horror.
- Highlighted by spectacular Mayan stained glass, Kukulcán Plaza offers a wide range of shopping options – from authentic Mexican craft shops and boutiques to upscale jewelry stores and perfumeries. Tequila lovers take note: there’s an entire museum here devoted to the spirit. Cheers!
Marine Adventures: Interactive Aquarium Cancún
Families – discover what’s happening under the waves at the Interactive Aquarium, one of Cancún’s top attractions. It’s packed with marine species (more than 1,100 of them!) and gloriously detailed ecosystems. The interaction tanks here allow you to get up-close-and-personal with rays and echinoderms. Swim with dolphins – and get ready for kisses and hugs from these friendly marine mammals. Say hello to fish, seals, alligators and many more in the aquarium zone. It’s a guarantee: You’ll leave Interactive Aquarium Cancún with a far greater appreciation of our incredible natural world.
Eating Out: Sample Some of Cancún’s Best Food
Boulevard Kukulcán is filled with great food, ranging from authentic Mexican cuisine to classic comfort food. Here are just a handful of options.
- If you’ve got a taste for tequila, make a beeline to La Destilería. Boasting an expansive view of Nichupté Lagoon, the restaurant has more than 100 varieties of tequila to choose from, not to mention some delicious Mexican food.
- Take a trip to Margaritaville! The party never stops at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Cancún, where Parrotheads (or non-Parrotheads) can dig into tasty eats in a fun, festive atmosphere. Don’t miss the Volcano Bar!
- Carnivores! Located in La Isla Cancún Shopping Village, Cambalache is a stylish Argentinian steakhouse offering the very best cuts of meat. Bring your appetite – you’re going to need it.
- Cancún is famed for its seafood, and El Fish Fritanga delivers the freshest catches of the day, every day. This family friendly location is beloved for its shrimp tacos – no matter how many you order, you’ll probably want to order more.