How to plan the perfect romantic getaway in Aruba
During your all inclusive stay at Barceló Aruba, discover all the romantic activities in Aruba that will help you rekindle and reconnect.
Aruba is renowned as the most romantic island in the Caribbean — which by default makes it one of the most romantic locales in the entire world. Hidden beaches and coves … a unique Dutch Caribbean culture and cuisine … incredible natural landscapes … and of course, the best beaches in the Caribbean. During your all inclusive stay at Barceló Aruba, discover all the romantic activities in Aruba that will help you rekindle and reconnect with the one you love.
Romantic Aruba Accommodations
The perfect romantic vacation in Aruba deserves the perfect romantic accommodations. Barceló Aruba offers couples comfortable rooms and suites with balconies so that they don’t miss the colorful sights of this island landscape.
- The Deluxe Oceanfront Room with hot tub takes romance to the next level. Relax in your very own private hot tub, with views of the sea, stretching to the horizon. The sunsets are incredible. Retreat to the spacious interior, offering a king-sized bed, plasma TV and fully equipped bathroom.
- Just a few steps from the beach, the Deluxe Lanai Garden View Room features a large private terrace with a privileged view of the hotel’s lush tropical gardens.
Romantic Activities in Aruba
From scuba diving to windswept cliffside churches, there’s a wealth of romantic things to do in Aruba. Here are just a few spots you don’t want to miss.
- Romance under the waves? Aruba offers one-of-a-kind aquatic eco-adventures. Just a short distance off the coast is the resting place of the SS Antilla, the largest shipwreck in the Caribbean. At 400-feet long, the Antilla is now an underwater playground, suitable for all levels of scuba diving experience. Over the years, the ship has become an eco-system in its own right, providing a home for colorful tropical fish and coral.
- In recent years, the town of San Nicolas (AKA “Sunrise City”) has experienced a street art explosion. As you walk the avenues here, you’ll find that virtually every other wall is covered with a vibrantly colorful mural created by an Aruban artist. Strike a pose or two in front of a few of these Aruba masterpieces for a perfect addition to your Instagram feed.
- Also known as “Pilgrims Church,” Alto Vista Chapel dates back to 1750 – it is believed to be the very first church in Aruba. Now restored to its former glory, the Catholic chapel is a must-visit for all, thanks to its spectacular views and classic design. Maybe a good place to pop the question? Just a suggestion!
- The Aruba Butterfly Farm is a one-of-a-kind attraction that is home to hundreds of free-flying exotic butterflies. Open year-round, the enormous meshed enclosures here create the feeling of a lush tropical rain forest, with beautiful flowers and trees for you to experience.
Romantic Restaurants in Aruba
There’s no shortage of intimate culinary experiences to enjoy in Aruba. Here are a few options, all available for Barceló Aruba guests.
- At The Palm, ask for a table on the airy outdoor terrace, overlooking the resort’s beautiful pool, and enjoy an international buffet morning, noon, or night.
- The elegant L’Olio boasts a menu filled with impeccably prepared Italian à la carte delights, matched with a carefully curated selection of wines and champagnes.
- Fans of Tex-Mex cuisine will find plenty to love at México Lindo – pair a plate of enchiladas with a Margarita (salt on the rim, of course) and you’ve got a perfect Barceló Aruba date-night.
- The exotic and authentic Kyoto features à la carte Japanese cuisine, prepared right in front of your eyes at teppanyaki tables — get ready for some serious fireworks with your sake.
- Dine al fresco on the terrace at the beachfront Aruban Seafood, where you’ll feast on Caribbean-style steak, seafood and more.
- The Screaming Eagle is one of the best restaurants in Aruba. Chef Erwin Hüsken brings his kitchen wizardry to every dish he prepares, and the wine list is unparalleled. Take things to the next level and indulge in the Screaming Eagle’s “dinner-in-bed” experience.
- Located in one of Aruba’s grandest homes, Quinta del Carmen’s elegant old-world setting is as awe-inspiring as its culinary offerings. This is Aruba fine dining at its finest, with flawless service and perfectly prepared Continental cuisine. It’s the ideal destination for a romantic night in Aruba.
- As its name suggests, Barefoot encourages diners to put their toes in the sand while they enjoy great food, wonderful wine and excellent service. Located just steps from the Caribbean Sea, Barefoot is a place that you’ll remember for years to come.