Enjoy the comfort of these fully equipped rooms. Views of the city or the mountains.
- Wi-Fi connection (free of charge)
Indicative price per night in a double room (My Barceló Rate)
We would like to inform our guests and business partners that, following the guidelines to protect your health and well-being, we have readjusted our services. Please contact us if would like more information.
The hotel Barceló Ixtapa ***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, on the beachfront of El Palmar, one of the best destinations that Mexico offers to its visitors. It is also ideally located for excursions to other places near Zihuatanejo.
It has 351 rooms and 47 villas located just a few steps from the sea, where you will find everything you need for your holiday.
The health and safety concept of Barceló Hotel Group
A seal of approval that represents and guarantees all our experience and research in safety, health, and hygiene has been adapted to the new situation.
A program with new protocols and reinforcement measures that complies with the recommendations of the WHO, international organizations, and governmental institutions.
We offer special rates for PCR and antigen testing, and we provide all the facilities for you to undergo testing and obtain the necessary certificate to return to the United States. If you need more information please contact our Call Center.
The health and safety concept of Barceló Hotel Group
Improved cleaning protocols are being supervised by a new hygienist responsible for guaranteeing complete disinfection of the hotel. Specific checks will be carried out to verify the new protocols are being implemented before the hotel opens, and then regular checks will be carried out and verified by our partners:
Boulevard Ixtapa SN Zona Hotelera 1 . 40880 Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico
Zihuatanejo Int’l 19 km away
Marina Ixtapa Golf Course, 2 km away
Palma Real Golf Course (by Robert Trent Jones Jr.) 100 m away
El Palmar beach - 0 m
Enjoy a wide variety of shows for the whole family at Barceló Ixtapa, featuring live music from Monday to Saturday.
Forever: take a journey through time and dance to the rhythm of each decade up to the present.
Carnival: a show full of live music, flavor, and colors so that you can enjoy the magic of carnival.
Golden: enjoy the golden era with its different rhythms that marked one of the most elegant and contrasting periods of music.
Magia Latina: enjoy live music with rhythms such as the sensuality of bachata, the sweetness of the meringue, and the fire of salsa.
Mexicano: a party that allows you to savor all the colors of Mexico, starting with games in our Mexican fair, snacks, dinner, live music, mariachi and Mexican show.
Fantastic: experience the world of fantasy with princesses, princes, and characters that will captivate children and adults alike.
Broadway: enjoy the spotlight because we will take a walk through the most famous musicals of this famous street.
Luxury All-Inclusive and an additional $500 US in Resort Discounts
We will give you $500 US in Resort Discounts to spend on unforgettable experiences during your stay: romantic dinners, fantastic U-Spa services, discounts in gift shops, and much more…
Book 3 nights or more and discover all the great benefits that will make your vacation unforgettable!
Offer valid until December 31, 2020.
Premium Level is an exclusive concept of services and facilities created by the Barceló Hotel Group.
This level will let you enjoy a number of exclusive benefits and services that are sure to enhance your stay. A private concierge is available for you in the Premium lounge area in order to assist you with any question or need you may have. You can also take advantage of these additional benefits:
· Early check-in (subject to availability)
· Top floor rooms with ocean views
· Preferential cleaning before 2 pm and a turndown service
· Minibar with assorted goods
· Pool towels
· Robes and slippers
· Surprise gift for children for stays longer than 4 nights
· Check-in and check-out in professional area
· Access to the Premium Lounge and concierge service
· Internet in the Premium Lounge and in hotel common areas
· Printing services for personal documents
· Use of facilities until 3 pm on your day of departure
· A bottle of sparkling wine or tequila upon arrival
· Free local calls
· A 20% discount at the spa, and a 10% discount at the gift shop
· Express laundry service at normal fee
The management and staff of Barceló Ixtapa have decided to adopt an environmental sustainability policy based on the standards established by Green Globe, whose main objective is to promote the efficient and responsible use of resources, as well as the care of the environment through the support of the management, guests, employees and the community in general.
Aware of the environmental responsibility brought on by the development of its activities, it is committed to:
· Achieving the participation of all departments and members, starting with General Management to meet the obligations, goals, and objectives established in the Environmental Management System.
· Complying with all laws applicable to its activities, as well as those it enters into voluntarily regarding environmental issues.
· Promoting the training, awareness, participation, and communication regarding the environment to all of the hotel’s collaborators, while also extending it to suppliers, customers, and subcontractors.
· Implementing prevention, control, and correction measures aimed at reducing the environmental impact from our energy use and the waste generated by our activities.
· Protecting the local flora and fauna.
· Offering preferential employment to the local population who seek an improved financial situation and quality of life for themselves and their families.
· Promoting the purchase of local products and services.
· Participating in local cultural events and community service.
The hotel’s environmental policy is discussed with all employees, subcontractors, and suppliers, and is available to clients who wish to familiarize themselves with it.
Note: Barceló Ixtapa is a non-smoking hotel.
Barceló Ixtapa features some excellent outdoor facilities.
Guests can enjoy 3 family swimming pools, one of which has a hydromassage tub, as well as one children’s pool.
There are also daytime and evening entertainment programs with spectacular shows and live music.
Children can enjoy the Barcy Club which is open from 9 am to 5 pm and offers daily activities organized by our entertainment team.
Access limited to children between 5 and 12 years old.
If you want to enjoy a round of golf during your vacation then Barceló Ixtapa is located very close to the course designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones Jr. A renowned creator and builder of golf courses, he managed to create harmony between the idyllic location, the wild flora and fauna of the region, and the wonderful panoramic views of the sea which surround the 178-acre course.
Upon arrival, we recommend that you request more information regarding the special conditions for green fees for Barceló Ixtapa guests so that you can enjoy a round of golf to the fullest during your vacation.
For more information contact the concierge located in the hospitality area opposite reception, or via email at email@example.com.
The hotel offers a wonderful gym with air conditioning, bicycles for rent, 2 tennis courts, and a multi-sports court for those wishing to play other sports during their vacation by the sea.
Gym Hours: from 7 am to 9 pm
Note: athletic apparel and shoes are required.
The National Code of Conduct for the Protection of Girls, Boys and Teenagers in the Travel and Tourism Sector (CCN), is an instrument created by the Secretary of Tourism as a voluntary commitment by the tourism industry to protect girls, boys and teenagers from any type of exploitation through the implementation of 6 regulations in the establishments.
The CCN commits the social actors of the tourism industry to improve the quality of life in the communities, protecting the rights of minors, fighting against sexual and labor exploitation, and creating awareness among tourists to promote responsible and respectful travel that in turn projects an image of safe tourism in Mexico.
– To guide and involve the tourism industry in the prevention, detection, and reporting of sexual and labor exploitation of girls, boys, and adolescents.
– To get social actors involved in implementing actions to protect the rights of girls, boys, and adolescents, and to contribute to improving the population’s quality of life.
– To offer an Action Protocol that establishes guidelines to identify and act in the event of a presumed situation of sexual or labor exploitation of girls, boys, and adolescents in tourism establishments. To provide the necessary tools to favor coordination and communication among government agencies and civil society involved in these issues and processes.
Barceló Ixtapa has joined this campaign to protect our youngest guests. We ask that you join us in our efforts.
Check-in time at the Barceló Ixtapa is from 15:00 hours, while check-out is at 12:00 hours. Once you have checked out you can enjoy the hotel's facilities and services at an additional cost.
The Barceló Ixtapa offers parking at no additional cost for hotel guests.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa hotel is an adapted hotel for people with disabilities. Check with the hotel reception for adapted services and facilities.
No, the Barceló Ixtapa does not allow guests to bring their pets.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa has some alternatives for guests with food intolerances. Guests are required to communicate their needs to the hotel staff to assess the options we offer.
The Wi-Fi connection for Barceló Ixtapa guests is free of charge.
The Barceló Ixtapa's reception team will be happy to assist you in the following languages: Spanish and English.
The Barceló Ixtapa has room service for guests. At the hotel you will find information about food and beverages available, prices, schedules... Premium Level guests have room service included. Ask at the hotel.
Yes, breakfast at the Barceló Ixtapa is included in the hotel guests' accommodation.
The minimum age to access the spa area & wellness of the Barceló Ixtapa is 16. The entrance to the spa has an additional cost for hotel guests. Please consult the rates we offer. On the other hand, the spa is accessible to children.