Excursions in Cancun
Guests at the Occidental Costa Cancún Resort
can take advantage of its beautiful setting and an incredible range of services to ensure you have a wonderful vacation. This magnificent all inclusive resort features swimming pools, spas, fitness facilities, first-class restaurants, and elegant bars and lounges. Guests can take part in a wide variety of water sports and enjoy watching a show in the evenings. Everything you need to have a wonderful, relaxed holiday is right on hand in the resort.
Cancun: trips to historic ruins
Guests wishing to get out and experience the beauty of the Cancun area, Occidental Costa Cancún offers exciting, unforgettable trips that you're sure to love:
· The best-known destination is called Chichen Itzá, an archaeological site containing the ruins of one of the most popular, diverse and important cities of the ancient Mayan culture. Tours to this site include transport, a bilingual guide, entry to the ruins, and food and drinks.
· Trips to the Ek Balam archaeological site and Antigua, the Mayan city, are also available. Ek Balam contains ancient ruins and amazing cenotes, underwater geological formations that this part of Mexico is famous for. The tours to Ek Balam include the chance to go snorkeling in the cenote, or try activities such as zip-lining or bungee jumping.
Cancun: trips to natural settings
Guests wishing to enjoy nature should go on one of the Barceló trips to the nearby rainforests.
From the comfort of an all-terrain Mercedes Benz, excursionists can experience what it's like to live in this incredible habitat while kayaking, abseiling or walking through the jungle.
Another wonderful eco-adventure is a day trip to Xcaret, an eco-park located near to Cancun, on the Riviera Maya. Xcaret offers visitors tours along the underground rivers of the ancient jungle, in an unspoilt setting along the Caribbean coast.
There's also the chance to go on an exciting adventure to Isla Mujeres, including food, drinks and a trip on a catamaran along a stunning Coral reef.
At the Barceló Costa Cancún,Mexico, we are proud to offer our guests the comfort of a first-class resort, with access to an exciting range of trips in Cancun, to ensure you have a memorable stay here with us.
Transfers and Excursions
Vacaciones Barceló belongs to the Barceló Group and is the Official Agency of Barceló Hotels & Resorts. It currently has offices in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Costa Rica and Argentina.
Vacaciones Barceló provides trips and excursion services, which you can request when making your hotel reservation through barcelo.com and pay on arrival.
Mexico office. Barceló Maya Caribe. Ctra. Federal Chetumal-Puerto Juárez Km. 266.3, Mexico
Telephone: 0052 998 1931960
Fax: 0052 998 1931965
Our fully qualified staff, with the characteristic friendliness of Barceló Hotels & Resorts staff, offer you:
· Welcome at the airport
· Assistance in the hotel
· Reconfirmation of flight schedules for the contracted services
To book your transfer, please include the following information in the "Additional Requests" section when you book your hotel reservations:
· Name and surname of guests
· Incoming and outgoing flight numbers
· Payment method
Terms and conditions
· Flight information must be received 48 hours in advance in order to schedule the transfer
· Only 1 suitcase per passenger. All luggage exceeding one suitcase, including equipment for golf, surfing, fishing, cycling, etc., will be considered and charged as an extra passenger(s), as long as you have notified this at the time of reservation. In the event of passengers arriving with excess baggage, it will be considered and charged as a private transfer
· The timetable for group transfers is 8.00 to 21.00 (local time). All arrival and departure services outside of this timetable will be considered as private
· Group transportation is subject to a maximum wait time of 25 minutes and a maximum of 4 stops at hotels. Wheelchair accessible vehicles must be requested in advance and the price will be subject to the quoted price and availability of the vehicle
Services and rates
One of the seven wonders of the modern world. The tour of the archeological site is led by a certified tour guide who will discuss the significance and unsolved mysteries of Chichen Itza.
Admission to the cenote and ruins
Breakfast (coffee and bread) and buffet lunch (typical of the region)
Visit to the Cenote
Beverages on the bus (beer, coffee, soda)
Please note: Does not include beverages during lunch.
Ek Balam – Cenote Maya
Visit the Ek Balam archaeological site, “Black Jaguar” in Mayan, an ancient Mayan city that lived its glory before Chichen Itza. This archaeological site is one of the newest places of interest due to its recent restoration. Discover the mysterious Cenote Maya and enjoy its beautiful, natural formations.
During the tour, we will see different Mayan communities. Take home your memories with the beautiful images taken by our native photographer during the activities.
Traditional food and drinks
Tickets to Ek Balam and the cenote
Equipment for all of the activities
Towels and lockers
Optional adventure activities: Swimming in the cenote, snorkeling, rappel, ziplining, and bungee jumping (in the cenote area).
Note: Does not include tips for guides, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, or photographs.
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Experience an exciting journey through the jungle in one of our original all-terrain Unimog Mercedes Benz. Experience a genuine indigenous Mayan community where you will discover the excitement of swimming in a spectacular cenote and snorkeling in a fascinating underground river. You will be able to rappel, kayak, and go ziplining. Go on a bike ride through the jungle paths, witness and participate in a traditional Mayan purification ceremony in a mystical cenote.
4 x 4 Unimog
Rappelling into a cenote
Mayan ceremony (presented by a real Mayan shaman)
Swim in 2 cenotes (life jacket and snorkeling equipment)
Local food (buffet style)
Entrance to the park
Schedule: Monday to Saturday.
Xcaret is a natural sanctuary where Mexico’s history comes together with fun traditions and the grandeur of the Mayan culture. Xcaret opens its doors to the shores of the Caribbean Sea and invites you to discover magical experiences where underground rivers await you, along with the fauna from the Mayan jungle and spectacular sites. Fall in love with our culture and people.
Entrance to Xcaret park
Buffet lunch at one of the restaurants
Water, a beer, and unlimited soft drinks and coffee during lunch
Snorkeling equipment, towels, and lockers in plus area
Schedule: Monday to Saturday.
Tour to Isla Mujeres
The excursion begins with a tour that’s approximately 45 minutes towards the reef where the snorkeling will take place. We will also provide snorkeling equipment during the tour: lifejacket, flippers, masks, and new tube for each passenger. While the passengers snorkel, the crew will prepare the grill to roast the lobster or steak that will be served with pasta salad, green salad, guacamole, Mexican salsa, and totopos. There will also be an open bar serving prepared beverages, margaritas, unlimited beer, rum, vodka, tequila, fruit juice, sodas, and purified water. Food, beverages, and fun aboard the catamaran!
Catamaran located on the Cancun dock
Snorkel equipment with new tube included
Stop at the reef and 45 minutes for snorkeling
Beverages included aboard the catamaran (beer, soft drinks, and water)
Beach Club on Isla Mujeres
Open bar at the Beach Club
Free time on Isla Mujeres
Return (includes recreational activities)
Schedule: Monday to Saturday.