Enjoy the comfort of these fully equipped rooms. Views of the city or the mountains.
- Wi-Fi connection (free of charge)
Indicative price per night in a double room (My Barceló Rate)
We would like to inform our guests and collaborators that we have adjusted our services in accordance with the guidelines established to protect their health and well-being. Please contact us if you would like further information.
Barceló Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on the seafront of El Palmar beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is also ideally located for excursions to other places around Zihuatanejo.
It boasts 350 rooms and 47 villas situated just a few steps from the sea, offering everything you need for a fantastic holiday.
Barceló Hotel Group’s health and safety concept
Our seal of health represents and guarantees all our experience and research in health, safety and hygiene, adapted to the new situation.
This programme introduces new protocols and strengthens measures to comply with WHO recommendations, from international bodies such as the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council) and government institutions at the level of each country in which we operate.
Visit the We Care About You page to find additional information and interactive maps with all the details!
Barceló Hotel Group’s health and safety concept
Stricter cleaning protocols under the supervision of a new hygienist responsible for guaranteeing the complete disinfection of the hotel. Specific audits will be carried out to check the new measures before the hotels open, and our standard audits will be reinforced and regularly checked by our partners:
Boulevard Ixtapa SN Zona Hotelera 1 . 40880 Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico
Zihuatanejo International, 19 km away
Marina Ixtapa Golf Course, 2 km away
Palma Real Golf Course (by Robert Trent Jones Jr.), 100 m away
El Palmar Beach, 0 m away
From Monday to Saturday at Barceló Ixtapa, you can enjoy a wide variety of shows for all the family, complete with live music.
Forever: A journey through time, dancing to the rhythm of each decade up to the present day.
Carnival: A show packed with live music, flavours and colours, bringing you the magic of a carnival experience.
Golden: Enjoy the golden age with the many rhythms that marked one of the most elegant and contrasting periods of music.
Latin Magic: Live music with rhythms ranging from the sensuality of the bachata, the zest of the merengue to the fire of the salsa.
Mexican: Experience all the colours of Mexico with this party that starts with games in our Mexican fair, followed by antojitos, dinner, live music, mariachi and a Mexican show.
Fantastic: Enter a world of fantasy with princesses, princes and other characters that will charm both children and adults.
Broadway: Entertainment under the spotlights with this tour through the best-known musicals from this famous street.
Premium Level is an exclusive concept of services and facilities created by Barceló Hotel Group.
This category provides a series of exclusive benefits and services to complement your stay. You will benefit from a private concierge in the Premium Lounge area to attend to all your questions and needs. You will also enjoy the following benefits:
· Early check-in (subject to availability)
· Upper floor rooms with sea views
· Preferential cleaning before 14:00 and a nightly turn-down service
· Minibar with additional items
· Pool towels
· Bathrobe and slippers
· Surprise gift for children for stays of 4 nights or more
· Professional reception and check-out area
· Access to the Premium Lounge and concierge services
· Internet in the Premium Lounge and common areas of the hotel
· Personal document printing service
· Use of the facilities until 15:00 on the day of departure
· Bottle of sparkling wine or tequila upon arrival
· Free local calls
· 20% discount in the spa and 10% discount in the souvenir shop
· Express laundry for the price of the regular service
In order to improve its services, the management and all members of staff at Barceló Ixtapa have decided to adopt an environmental sustainability policy based on the Green Globe standards, which, above all, aim to foster the efficient and responsible use of resources, as well as the care of the environment through the support of management, guests, collaborators and the community in general.
As a result of this environmental responsibility, the hotel is committed to:
· Achieving the participation of all departments and their members, starting with general management in order to comply with the obligations, goals and objectives established in the Environmental Management System.
· Complying with the legal requirements applicable to its activity and the environmental requirements to which it adheres voluntarily.
· Promoting environmental training, awareness, participation and communication for all hotel employees, extending it to suppliers, clients and subcontractors.
· Implementing preventive, control and corrective measures aimed at reducing the environmental impact of hotel activities in terms of energy use and waste generation.
· Protecting local flora and fauna.
· Providing preferential employment to the local population who are seeking economic improvement and a better quality of life for themselves and their family.
· Promoting the purchase of local products and services.
· Participating in local cultural expressions and providing social support to the community.
The hotel's environmental policy is communicated to all employees, subcontractors and suppliers, and is available for guests to consult.
Please note: Barceló Ixtapa is a smoke-free hotel.
Barceló Ixtapa benefits from excellent outdoor facilities.
The hotel has 3 family swimming pools, one of them with a whirlpool area, and a children’s pool.
There is also a daily entertainment programme and evening shows with live music.
For the little ones, Barcy Club is open from 09.00 to 17.00 (9 am - 5 pm) with a daily programme of activities organised by a professional team of staff.
Barcy Club is open to children aged 5 to 12 years only.
If you want to enjoy an exhilarating round of golf on your holidays, you're in luck! Barceló Ixtapa is very close to a course designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones Jr, one of the best creators and builders of golf courses. Over an area of 72 hm², he has created a course that perfectly combines the location, the wild flora and fauna of this privileged region and the stunning panoramic views of the sea.
We recommend that you inquire about the special green fees on offer for guests at Barceló Ixtapa upon arrival in order to make the most of your golfing holiday.
For more information, please contact the concierge in the hospitality room opposite the reception desk or email: email@example.com.
The hotel has a superb air-conditioned fitness studio, rental bikes, 2 tennis courts and a multi-sports court for guests who want to play sport during their holiday by the sea.
Fitness studio opening hours: 7:00 to 21:00 (7 am - 9 pm)
Please note: Sports clothes and footwear is required.
The National Code of Conduct for the Protection of Girls, Children and Teenagers in the Travel and Tourism Sector (CCN), is an instrument created by the Secretary of Tourism as a voluntary commitment by the tourism industry to protect children and adolescents against any kind of exploitation, through the implementation of 6 regulations in their establishments.
The CCN commits the social actors in the tourism industry to improving the quality of life of communities, protecting the rights of minors against sexual and labour exploitation, as well as creating awareness among tourists in order to promote the responsibilities and commitments that, in turn, project the image of safe tourism in Mexico.
Objectives of the CCN:
– Guide and engage the tourism industry in the prevention, detection and reporting of sexual and labour exploitation of children and adolescents.
– Involve social stakeholders in the implementation of actions to protect the rights of children and adolescents and contribute to improving the quality of life of communities.
– Offer an Action Protocol that establishes guidelines to identify and act in the event of a situation of sexual or labour exploitation of children or adolescents in tourist establishments, and that provides the tools required to favour coordination and communication between the government authorities and civil society actors involved in these issues and processes.
Barceló Ixtapa has joined this campaign in favour of protecting our youngest guests. Please collaborate with us in this great initiative.
Check-in time at the Barceló Ixtapa is anytime after 03.00pm, while check-out time is anytime before 12.00am. Once you have checked-out, you can still enjoy the hotel facilities at an additional cost.
The Barceló Ixtapa has parking free of charge for hotel guests.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa hotel is disabled guest friendly. Check with the hotel reception with regards to which services and facilities are adapted for wheelchairs.
No, pets are not allowed at the Barceló Ixtapa.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa has alternatives for guests who have food intolerances. Guests are required to communicate their needs to hotel staff in order to assess the options available.
The Wi-Fi connection is free of charge for guests at Barceló Ixtapa.
The staff of the Barceló Ixtapa will be pleased to assist you in the following languages: Spanish and English.
El Barceló Ixtapa posee servicio de habitaciones para clientes. En el hotel encontrará información sobre comida y bebida disponible, precios, horarios… Los clientes Premium Level tienen incluido el servicio de habitaciones. Consultar en el hotel.
Yes, breakfast at the Barceló Ixtapa is included in the hotel guest's accommodation.
The minimum age to enter the Barceló Ixtapa spa & wellness area is 16. Entrance to the spa is subject to an additional charge for hotel guests. Please check the rates. Children are welcome in the spa.