Romantic things to do in Cozumel
It’s time to experience the most romantic things to do in Cozumel with the one you love. Discover romantic Cozumel in 2020.
Cocktails on the beach. Spectacular sunsets. Relaxation in spas. Breathtaking suites. That’s right, romance is alive and well in Cozumel, the Mexican island paradise in the Caribbean Sea, home to the all inclusive Allegro Cozumel and Occidental Cozumel. Whether you’re planning a glamorous honeymoon or simply a spontaneous escape, it’s time to experience the most romantic things to do in Cozumel with the one you love. Discover romantic Cozumel.
Immerse yourself in Cozumel outdoor adventure
The beaches in Cozumel are legendary for a reason: they’re absolutely perfect. But they’re just the beginning of your outdoor experience on the island. Enjoying fresh air, spectacular scenery and pulse-pounding thrills is one of the most romantic things to do in Cozumel.
- Cozumel diving and snorkeling: Cozumel scuba diving is one of the world’s best experiences, with incredible Mexican dive sites easily accessible to underwater adventurers. Palancar Reef is one of the crown jewels of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System – and an incredible Cozumel scuba diving Santa Rosa Reef is one of Cozumel’s most widely dived spots with stunning overhangs of coral, friendly grouper and huge sponges. With a 60- to 80-foot drop-off, Columbia Reef offers some of the world’s most stunning deep dives, with gigantic coral pinnacles, some more than 90 feet tall. Want to get in on the undersea fun? The Ultimate Dive Experience package available at Allegro Cozumel makes it easy to enjoy the best Cozumel diving sites.
- Chankanaab National Park: Chankanaab is packed with only-in-Cozumel eco-adventures. One can’t-miss experience here is the sparkling natural lagoon, from which the park takes its name. The park is also home to a fragrant botanical garden, with more than 350 species of tropical plants, not to mention a detailed re-creation of a traditional Mayan village. Best of all is the lovely white-sand beach, with dozens of hammocks swinging gently between towering palm trees.
- San Gervasio: One of the most important archaeological sites in all of Mexico, San Gervasio is a truly amazing trip back in time to the Mayan era. The area was a place of great spiritual importance for the Mayans, with thousands of women undertaking regular pilgrimages to pay tribute to Ixchel, the goddess of love and fertility. So it really is one of the original romantic things to do in Cozumel!
- Parque Punta Sur: Parque Punta Sur is located on Cozumel’s southern point – hence its name – and it’s one of the treasures of the island’s natural landscape. The park is home to an astonishingly diverse array of flora and fauna, wide beaches with fine white sand, and turquoise waters with beautiful coral reefs. Punta Sur is also home to two splendid lighthouses – perfect for a romantic photo opportunity!
Experience the most romantic Cozumel restaurants
Discover the most romantic Cozumel restaurants, from fine dining to beachfront bistros to street food. Here are just a few of your options.
- La Carreta: Occidental Cozumel’s La Carreta is an elegant dining establishment for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offering a perfect fusion of flavors from all over the globe. The internationally inspired a la carte menu is packed with diverse and unique flavors.
- Guido’s Restaurant & Bar: This Cozumel restaurant is a place where traditional flavors meet innovative kitchen techniques. A local favorite for more than 40 years, the chefs here blend French culinary skills with a sense of adventure that never fails to please the pallet.
- Fuji: Located on-property at Allegro Cozumel, Fuji is a fabulous restaurant that offers an á la carte menu with dishes that are the most representative of Asian cuisine. In addition, the restaurant’s sushi bar and teppanyaki grill are out of this world.
Discover Cozumel nightlife
Cozumel nightlife has something for every mood, whether you want to relax in a cocktail lounge with a gentle breeze or dance to the sound of live music or DJs.
- La Mision: Feel like dancing the night away? If you’re staying at Occidental Cozumel you won’t have to travel far. La Misión is a high-energy club with DJs spinning both brand-new and classic vintage beats.
- Coconuts Bar & Grill: Situated atop the highest elevation on the island, Coconuts is one of the most romantic spots in Cozumel. Climb the winding stairs (made of natural limestone) and you’ll find a classic beach bar, with friendly locals and visitors, a wide selection of food & drink, plus panoramic ocean views.
- Freedom in Paradise: This Cozumel nightlife hot spot is a reggae bar like no other, located right on a beautiful beach. Dance to reggae music (plenty of Bob Marley, of course), take a walk on the pristine sands or kick back in one of the bar’s hammocks, enjoying the cool night air, watching a romantic Cozumel sunset.