I.- Who is responsible for handling your data?
The entity in charge of your data is Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L. (hereinafter referred to as “BGH” or "Barceló") with registered office at c/ Josep Rover Motta, 27, 07006, Palma de Mallorca. If you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact the Barceló Group's Data Protection Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II.- Why are we handling your data?
BGH would like to inform you that Barceló will process your data for the following purposes:
1. Processing of your bank card data by the payment service provider. If the user books his accommodation through the channels indicated in paragraph 1, his card details will be automatically provided to the payment service provider to make the corresponding charges within the framework of this booking. The payment service provider will keep the card data for a limited period, only to collect any additional charges that may be incurred as indicated in the Terms and Conditions of the reservation (possible reservation extensions, charges for modifications or cancellations, etc.).
BGH will not retain the user's card information, but it will be stored in a secure environment by the payment service provider per applicable regulations. Therefore, BGH will only process the confirmation of whether the user has paid the reservation or additional charges, as well as the bank card token (a specific code linked to the card but which does not allow it to be used) to request the supplier to collect the additional charges..
Legitimation: This data processing is necessary for the exercise of the contract.
2. Booking and contracted services management. To manage and carry out the purchase of products and provide the services offered by BGH, the user has two direct channels available: the website (Barcelo.com) and the call center.
In the event that the booking is made by telephone, BGH will record the call so that the customer can validate and verify the booking. BGH shall always inform the user that they may record the call, with the understanding that the user who continues the call gives consent for that recording, taking into account that non-consent shall mean that it will be impossible to manage the booking request which the user intends to make.
To manage the booking requested by the user, BGH will process the personal data the user provides through the data collection forms.
For the same reason, BGH will transfer user information to the hotel owner of the hotel selected during the booking process. This data transfer may involve an international transfer of data to a country that does not offer the same level of personal data protection as the European Union. In accordance with data protection regulations, the international transfer will be made in order to fulfill the contract requested by the user. The data communicated to said entities shall be those essential to the processing of the hotel booking selected by the user and shall be used solely for this purpose.
Additionally, BGH shall process the information necessary to manage the change or cancellation requests requested by the user.
If, in the free writing fields or by a request to the call center agent, the user provides data related to their health to manage specific services, BGH understands that the data is expressly sent voluntarily by the user, which shall only be used to manage the user request (for example, rooms that are adapted based on special needs).
Legitimation: This processing is necessary to carry out the booking.
3. Reminders sent that the booking has not been completed (abandoned cart). On user-specific requests, BGH may send reminders to the user about the failure to complete a booking that the user has begun, taking into account the information that the user has been able to include on the website payment form, and only as long as the user has expressly authorized receiving the receipt mentioned during the booking that was not finalized.
Legitimation: This data processing shall only be carried out if BGH has received user consent through affirmatively marking the consent request, which shall be displayed during the booking process. However, if the user has been identified as a MyBarceló user, BGH shall perform this data processing based on a legitimate interest since the user is already part of MyBarceló, the sole purpose being to be reminded of an incomplete booking.
4. To fulfill accounting, legal, tax, and administrative obligations.
Legitimation: This processing is necessary to carry out the booking.
5. Electronic media submission, information about offers and promotions on products and services offered by BGH. In order to be able to offer products and services that may be of interest to the user, offers on products and services related to the bookings with BGH shall be sent.
In this case, the user who has completed their registration in MyBarceló according to paragraph 10 shall be able to receive special business communication for the program users, with discounts and exclusive offers solely targeted at these users.
Legitimation: Such processing is necessary to comply with the obligations under the Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce Law and meet Barceló’s legitimate interests in guaranteeing the Internet and information security.
6. Sending business communication with offers related to products and/or services that already have bookings or have been booked in the past with BGH, which may be attractive to the user. personal data may be processed for the creation of profiles based on internal sources (for example, cookies navigation data, historical and statistical data of BGH product contracting) whose results allow the preparation and analysis of personalized products through segmentation into different groups in relation to common patterns. Such profiles shall be solely used to send personalized communication about products and/or services offered by BGH.
BGH informs that, to fulfill its marketing purposes and continue improving its products, it uses a server located in the United States called Salesforce Inc., which produces an International transfer of the data related to its users. Said supplier is affiliated with the Privacy Shield agreement, which regulates international data transfers between managers located in the European Union and those located in the United States, guaranteeing that the transfer shall be made based on the terms of the agreement and that the supplier will process the data per the stipulations set out in this agreement.
Legitimation: This processing is necessary to meet the legitimate interests of BGH.
7. Sending business communication about offers related to the services and/or products booked. BGH may send promotional offers about certain products that the user may enjoy at the hotel (for example, p.ej., furniture for the reserved room, SPA, Golf, Barceló Experience). Likewise, BGH may send information on activities related to tourism and leisure, such as cultural activities, excursions, sporting events, etc., which may or may not be offered together with the accommodation services at our hotels.
Legitimation: This processing shall only be carried out if BGH has received user consent.
8. Transfer of your personal data to companies owning Barceló hotels to personalize user services at the hotel. BGH may transfer your data to the owner of the Barceló brand hotel where the user has made the booking to improve the user experience once at the hotel. Similarly, BGH shall send the hotel owner the information taken from the relationship between BGH and the user and that which is obtained from other sources according to what is stipulated in paragraph 8.
This information may include the international transfer of data when the data destination hotel is located outside the European Union. In any case, the user’s information will only be communicated under express consent and to the hotel selected by the user to personalize the service at the hotel in which the booking has been made.
Legitimation: This processing shall only be carried out if BGH has received user consent.
9. Implementation of market analysis. To provide its users with more personalized services, BGH will create profiles based on data taken from previous sales, catering to the user's tourism preferences, travel history, and financial capacity. The information used in these profiles may have been obtained from the information generated by the user at the hotel, as well as from external sources (for example: internet, and social media). This information is beneficial for BGH to offer its users personalized products based on the commercial interests displayed in the use of the services offered in the hotels so that the user's experience can be improved for both the service being requested and in future bookings.
BGH informs that, to fulfill this purpose, it shall also use its provider in the United States, Salesforce Inc. The user may check the information regarding the international transfer in paragraph 5 and section IV.
Legitimation: This processing shall only be carried out if BGH has the user's consent.
10. Newsletter registration for remittance, by electronic means, of information about offers and promotions on products and services offered by BGH. The user can request their registration for the BGH newsletter by clicking on the “I want to subscribe” button. From that time forward, BGH may occasionally send said newsletter that contains information about products and services offered by BGH.
Legitimation: This processing shall only be carried out if BGH has the user's consent to mark the newsletter subscription option.
11. User registration in the MyBarceló loyalty program. BGH will process the required identity information to enable user registration in the MyBarceló loyalty program so that the user can enjoy specific discounts when purchasing products from BGH, consulting information about the hotels, or enjoying services or benefits solely for My Barceló users.
If applicable, MyBarceló users may:
- Receive exclusive commercial communications from the Program through the contact channels provided by the user during registration (email, mail, or telephone number).
- Receive special gifts as a reward for using the benefits and special promotions offered by MyBarceló.
If the user would like to identify themselves through Facebook, Google +, or Twitter, they must know that in such cases, such entities shall provide us with the information related to their identity (name, last name(s), and/or the network ID in question), as well as the information that the user would like to share at the time they confirm their registration through this means.
Legitimation: this data processing shall only be carried out if BGH has received user consent in one of the following ways:
- Through voluntary registration in the program by the user via the registration form on the website.
- By marking the consent box when registering as a user in the myBarceló Program during the process of contracting a BGH product.
Through the proactive action of identifying oneself through Facebook or Twitter.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned, BGH may send or offer special gifts to MyBarceló users based on a legitimate interest, considering the link between BGH and the user.
If the MyBarceló user provides personal data from a third party, the user guarantees the truthfulness of the information communicated to BGH and was informed of this third party and obtained, in this case, their express consent for the aforementioned transfer.
12. SMS alert program for MyBarceló users. By registering for the MyBarceló Loyalty Program, the user will receive an SMS with the option of subscribing to the BGH text alerts program, known as BGH Alerts. The Program sends subscribing SMS alerts to users related to updates for their stays and alerts regarding promotions and unfulfilled bookings. To subscribe to the BGH Alerts Program, the user must have registered in the MyBarceló Loyalty Program and respond with YES to the received SMS to confirm the subscription to the BGH Alerts Program. To request help for the Program you can send an SMS with the word HELP. To unsubscribe from the program you must send an SMS with the word STOP. The frequency of messages that the user will receive for the BGH Alerts Program is two messages per month. Data and/or messaging rates established by your operator may apply.
Legitimation: This processing shall only be carried out if BGH has received user consent when sending YES, confirming their subscription to the Program.
13. Complaint management. To centrally manage those complaints that the user may file concerning the services contracted by the user, BGH will receive the information relating to the complaint filed at the hotel to process the complaint and offer an appropriate solution to the user. Thus, BGH requests access to the information generated by the user at the hotel to deal with the complaint adequately.
If the claim is due to compensable damages suffered by the user, BGH will communicate this information to the insurance company contracted by BGH to manage the claim suffered by the user.
Legitimation: This processing is necessary for the execution of the contract.
14. Managing questions and other requests. BGH will process the data necessary to respond to the query or request sent by the user through the various contact forms provided on the website and through the online chat form.
Likewise, the user may ask these questions or request them via telephone, in which case BGH informs them that they may be recorded to reply to their request correctly and for safety reasons.
Legitimation: This processing shall only be carried out if BGH has received consent from the user by marking the enabled boxes in the contact forms or by voluntarily consenting to the questions by telephone.
15. Online reputation surveillance. BGH may carry out checks on the evaluations that users make on websites such as TripAdvisor and others to monitor their online reputation and make business decisions to continuously improve their services, with the ability to contact users in the event of negative experiences to propose possible solutions. BGH understands that it has a legitimate interest in improving its services and protecting its brand.
Legitimation: This processing is based on BGH's legitimate interest in monitoring its brand's online reputation and resolving claims and complaints made on websites such as those mentioned.
16. Legal or administrative procedures. If possible legal or administrative proceedings may arise as a result of services offered or provided, BGH will process the information necessary to present the appropriate allegations, exercise its right of defense, or file any claims it deems appropriate based on the events that have occurred.
Authentication: This data processing is based on legal obligations, marked by administrative regulations (mainly, the Law of Common Administrative Procedure), or is necessary for BGH to exercise its legitimate right to effective judicial protection, both in its right of defense and in the filing of legal claims that it deems appropriate, based on the Law of Civil Procedure or the Law of Criminal Procedure.
17. Submission of quality surveys. To assess the level of satisfaction of users with the products and/or services booked, BGH will send quality surveys in order to obtain their opinion about them and thus improve the presentation of its services on a continued basis.
Legitimation: This processing is based on BGH's legitimate interest.
18. Implementation of controls for detecting fraudulent activities. In order to control and monitor actions that may constitute fraud in current or future contracts, BGH informs the user that it carries out an analysis of the transactions carried out in order to identify and analyze in more detail those that it detects as suspicious, producing when appropriate, a temporary exclusion list.
Legitimation: This data processing is based on BGH's legitimate interest since it involves controlling and monitoring the transactions carried out by its users to detect possible fraudulent behavior in the transactions performed during the booking process.
19. Processing data from cookies: information related to cookies policies is found in the following link
III.- How long will we keep your data?
Personal data that may be accessed shall be processed and kept as long as the contractual relationship exists or for the purposes for which they were gathered. After that, BGH shall keep the personal data once the contractual relationship has ended or when they are no longer relevant for the collected purposes, duly blocked, for making them available to the competent Public Administrations, Judges and Courts or the Attorney General's office during the limitation period of the actions that may arise from the relationship maintained with the user and/or the legally stipulated retention periods. Once those periods have elapsed, BGH shall proceed with the physical deletion of the data.
If the user has provided their consent for the purposes of the processing informed in this clause, BGH shall maintain its information as long as the user does not withdraw their initial consent, via the means indicated in section V.
IV.- Who will we share your data with?
BGH may disclose data to:
- Online payment service providers whose systems are connected to the Barceló website, in order to collect the reservation and possible additional charges.
- Companies owning hotels under the Barceló brand. This may entail an international transfer of data. They will receive the personal data necessary to manage the booking or manage the user’s request.
- Insurance brokers and the BGH insurance company in the event that the user should suffer compensable damage.
- Competent Public Bodies, Judges and Courts.
- Beside the aforementioned data sharing, BGH works with third parties who provide services and have access to the personal data of the customers, which they process in representation and on behalf of BGH as a result of providing said services. To this end, BGH will contract the provision of services by third parties that make use of their activity, for example, and not limited, in the following sectors: legal advice, multidisciplinary professional services, tech services, IT services. Suppliers include Salesforce Inc., a company located in the United States and covered by the Privacy Shield.
V.- What rights do you require when providing us with your data?
Users may, if they wish, exercise their rights to access, amend and delete their data, and request that the processing of their personal data be limited, oppose them, request the portability of their data, and not be the subject of automated individual decisions, by means of the following:
- By sending a written request to the postal address above.
- By sending an email request to email@example.com.
Users may, in relation to that processing that is based on getting their consent, withdraw their consent through the procedure described in the previous paragraph.
Users may request the opposition to that processing based on BGH's legitimate interest, especially when it comes to receiving commercial communication, the creation of commercial profiles, and receiving surveys.
VI.- How have we obtained your data?
The personal data that BGH gathered through:
- Our direct channels:
- Website (www.barcelo.com).
- Call Center for telephone inquiries.
- Companies owning the hotels, as long as the user gives their consent.
- Internet and social media, in the event of user consent.
VII.- With which authority can you exercise your right to claim?
Users may file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency regarding the response they have received from BGH in supporting their rights.
In any case, the user is informed that the management of complaints regarding processing personal data will be handled by the Data Protection Officer of Barceló Hotel Group, located at c/ Josep Rover Motta, 27, 07006, in Palma de Mallorca or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching in both cases to the request a copy of your DNI, NIF or official document that identifies you.