Fully equipped rooms with city or mountain views.
- Wireless internet connection
The Barceló Ixtapa ***** hotel is located in the heart of Ixtapa, on the beachfront of El Palmar, one of the best destinations that Mexico offers to its visitors. It is also ideally located for excursions to other places near Zihuatanejo.
It has 351 rooms and 47 villas located just a few steps from the sea along with everything you need for a perfect stay with your family or as a couple.
Boulevard Ixtapa SN Zona Hotelera 1 . 40880 Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico
Zihuatanejo Int’l 19 km away
Marina Ixtapa Golf Course, 2 km away
Palma Real Golf Course (by Robert Trent Jones Jr.) 100 m away
El Palmar beach - 0 m
The restaurants and bars of the Barceló Ixtapa hotel include a varied gastronomic offer of local and international dishes designed to satisfy the palate of all guests.
It has 7 restaurants with Mexican and international dishes as well as 5 bars to enjoy national and international cocktails.
At the Barceló Ixtapa every wedding becomes a perfect, unique and unforgettable day. The hotel team guarantees a celebration to remember in this tropical paradise on Mexico's Pacific coast.
The ceremony can be held on the beach or in the gardens and the banquet can be held on the beach, in the gardens or in the hotel ballrooms.
At Barceló Ixtapa you can enjoy, Monday through Saturday, a wide variety of shows for the whole family, presented with live music.
Forever: take a journey through time and dance to the rhythm of each decade up to the present.
Carnival: a show full of live music, flavor, and colors so that you can enjoy the magic of carnival.
Golden: enjoy the golden era with its different rhythms that marked one of the most elegant and contrasting periods of music.
Latin Magic: live music with rhythms such as the sensuality of bachata, the sumptuousness of merengue and the fire of salsa.
Mexicano: a party that allows you to enjoy the experience of savoring all the colors of Mexico, the Mexican fair, antojitos, dinner, live music, mariachi and Mexican show.
Fantastic: princesses, princes and characters that will delight both children and adults.
Broadway: an authentic walk through the most famous musicals of this famous street.
The Barceló Ixtapa hotel has a hall for up to 400 people. Among some of its amenities, it has Wi-Fi connection (with charge) and coffee break service.
The management and staff of Barceló Ixtapa have decided to adopt an environmental sustainability policy based on the standards established by Green Globe, whose main objective is to promote the efficient and responsible use of resources, as well as the care of the environment through the support of the management, guests, employees and the community in general.
Aware of the environmental responsibility brought on by the development of its activities, it is committed to:
· Achieving the participation of all departments and members, starting with General Management to meet the obligations, goals, and objectives established in the Environmental Management System.
· Complying with all laws applicable to its activities, as well as those it enters into voluntarily regarding environmental issues.
· Promoting the training, awareness, participation, and communication regarding the environment to all of the hotel’s collaborators, while also extending it to suppliers, customers, and subcontractors.
· Implementing prevention, control, and correction measures aimed at reducing the environmental impact from our energy use and the waste generated by our activities.
· Protecting the local flora and fauna.
· Offering preferential employment to the local population who seek an improved financial situation and quality of life for themselves and their families.
· Promoting the purchase of local products and services.
· Participating in local cultural events and community service.
The hotel’s environmental policy is discussed with all employees, subcontractors, and suppliers, and is available to clients who wish to familiarize themselves with it.
Note: Barceló Ixtapa is a non-smoking hotel.
The Barceló Ixtapa hotel has excellent outdoor facilities with 3 family swimming pools, one of them with a whirlpool area and a children's pool.
It also has a daytime entertainment program and evening shows with live music. For the little ones, the Barcy Club (for children between 5 and 12 years old) offers a daily program of activities carried out by professionals.
For golf lovers, the Barceló Ixtapa hotel offers a golf course very close to the hotel, designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones Jr.. One of the best creators and builders of golf courses who managed to combine in an area of 72 square meters the perfect harmony between the location, the wild flora and fauna of this privileged region and the marvelous panoramic views of the sea the course boasts.
Ask for more information upon arrival at the hotel regarding special green fee conditions for hotel guests and enjoy golf to the fullest during your vacation.
For more information contact the concierge located in the hospitality room across from the front desk or email email@example.com.
The hotel offers a wonderful gym with air conditioning, bicycles for rent, 2 tennis courts, and a multi-sports court for those wishing to play other sports during their vacation by the sea.
Gym Hours: from 7 am to 9 pm
Note: athletic apparel and shoes are required.
The National Code of Conduct for the Protection of Girls, Boys and Teenagers in the Travel and Tourism Sector (CCN), is an instrument created by the Secretary of Tourism as a voluntary commitment by the tourism industry to protect girls, boys and teenagers from any type of exploitation through the implementation of 6 regulations in the establishments.
The CCN commits the social actors of the tourism industry to improve the quality of life in the communities, protecting the rights of minors, fighting against sexual and labor exploitation, and creating awareness among tourists to promote responsible and respectful travel that in turn projects an image of safe tourism in Mexico.
– To guide and involve the tourism industry in the prevention, detection, and reporting of sexual and labor exploitation of girls, boys, and adolescents.
– To get social actors involved in implementing actions to protect the rights of girls, boys, and adolescents, and to contribute to improving the population’s quality of life.
– To offer an Action Protocol that establishes guidelines to identify and act in the event of a presumed situation of sexual or labor exploitation of girls, boys, and adolescents in tourism establishments. To provide the necessary tools to favor coordination and communication among government agencies and civil society involved in these issues and processes.
Barceló Ixtapa has joined this campaign to protect our youngest guests. We ask that you join us in our efforts.
Check-in time at the Barceló Ixtapa is from 15:00 hours, while check-out is at 12:00 hours. Once you have checked out you can enjoy the hotel's facilities and services at an additional cost.
The Barceló Ixtapa offers parking at no additional cost for hotel guests.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa hotel is an adapted hotel for people with disabilities. Check with the hotel reception for adapted services and facilities.
No, the Barceló Ixtapa does not allow guests to bring their pets.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa has some alternatives for guests with food intolerances. Guests are required to communicate their needs to the hotel staff to assess the options we offer.
The Wi-Fi connection for Barceló Ixtapa guests is free of charge.
The Barceló Ixtapa's reception team will be happy to assist you in the following languages: Spanish and English.
The Barceló Ixtapa has room service for guests. At the hotel you will find information about food and beverages available, prices, schedules... Premium Level guests have room service included. Ask at the hotel.
Yes, breakfast at the Barceló Ixtapa is included in the hotel guests' accommodation.
The minimum age to access the spa area & wellness of the Barceló Ixtapa is 16. The entrance to the spa has an additional cost for hotel guests. Please consult the rates we offer. On the other hand, the spa is accessible to children.