Fully equipped rooms overlooking the city or mountain.
- Wi-Fi connection (free of charge)
Indicative price per night in a double room (My Barceló Rate)
The Barceló Ixtapa***** hotel is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on the seafront of El Palmar beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is also ideally located for excursions to other places around Zihuatanejo.
It boasts 351 rooms and 47 villas situated just a few steps from the sea, offering everything you need for a fantastic family holiday or romantic getaway with your partner.
Boulevard Ixtapa SN Zona Hotelera 1 . 40880 Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico
Zihuatanejo International, 19 km away
Marina Ixtapa Golf Course, 2 km away
Palma Real Golf Course (by Robert Trent Jones Jr.), 100 m away
El Palmar Beach, 0 m away
The restaurants and bars at Barceló Ixtapa offer a variety of local and international dishes created to satisfy every guest's palate.
It has 7 restaurants serving up Mexican and international dishes and 5 bars where guests can enjoy domestic and imported cocktails.
At Barceló Ixtapa, every wedding becomes a perfect, unique and unforgettable day. The hotel's team will ensure you have a celebration to remember in this tropical paradise on Mexico's Pacific coast.
The ceremony can take place on the beach or in the gardens and the banquet can be held on the beach, in the gardens or in the hotel's function rooms.
From Monday to Saturday at Barceló Ixtapa, you can enjoy a wide variety of shows for the whole family, complete with live music.
Forever: A journey through time, dancing to the rhythm of each decade up to the present day.
Carnival: A show packed with live music, flavours and colours, bringing you the magic of a carnival experience.
Golden: Enjoy the golden age with the many rhythms that marked one of the most elegant and contrasting periods of music.
Latin Magic: Live music with rhythms ranging from the sensuality of bachata, the zest of merengue to the fire of salsa.
Mexican: Experience all the colours of Mexico with this party featuring a Mexican fair, antojitos, dinner, live music, mariachi and a Mexican show.
Fantastic: Princesses, princes and other characters that will charm both children and adults.
Broadway: An exciting stroll through the best-known musicals of this famous street.
The Barceló Ixtapa hotel features a large function room with a capacity of up to 400 people. Among its many amenities, it includes Wi-Fi connection (with charge) and a coffee break service.
In order to improve its services, the management and all members of staff at Barceló Ixtapa have decided to adopt an environmental sustainability policy based on the Green Globe standards, which, above all, aim to foster the efficient and responsible use of resources, as well as the care of the environment through the support of management, guests, collaborators and the community in general.
As a result of this environmental responsibility, the hotel is committed to:
· Achieving the participation of all departments and their members, starting with general management in order to comply with the obligations, goals and objectives established in the Environmental Management System.
· Complying with the legal requirements applicable to its activity and the environmental requirements to which it adheres voluntarily.
· Promoting environmental training, awareness, participation and communication for all hotel employees, extending it to suppliers, clients and subcontractors.
· Implementing preventive, control and corrective measures aimed at reducing the environmental impact of hotel activities in terms of energy use and waste generation.
· Protecting local flora and fauna.
· Providing preferential employment to the local population who are seeking economic improvement and a better quality of life for themselves and their family.
· Promoting the purchase of local products and services.
· Participating in local cultural expressions and providing social support to the community.
The hotel's environmental policy is communicated to all employees, subcontractors and suppliers, and is available for guests to consult.
Please note: Barceló Ixtapa is a smoke-free hotel.
The Barceló Ixtapa hotel has excellent outdoor facilities with 3 family swimming pools, one of which has a hydromassage area and another of which is suitable for children.
In addition, it offers a daily entertainment programme and nightly shows with live music. For the little ones, Barcy Club (for children aged 5 to 12 years) offers a daily programme of activities organised by a professional team of staff.
Golf enthusiasts will find their perfect holiday spot in Barceló Ixtapa. The hotel is very close to a course designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones Jr, one of the best creators and builders of golf courses. Over an area of 72 hm², he has created a course that perfectly combines the location, the wild flora and fauna of this privileged region with stunning sweeping views of the sea.
We suggest that you inquire about the special green fees on offer for hotel guests upon arrival in order to make the most of your golfing holiday.
For more information, please contact the concierge in the hospitality room opposite the reception desk or email: email@example.com.
The hotel has a superb air-conditioned fitness studio, rental bikes, 2 tennis courts and a multi-sports court for guests who want to play sport during their holiday by the sea.
Fitness studio opening hours: 7:00 to 21:00 (7 am - 9 pm)
Please note: Sports clothes and footwear is required.
The National Code of Conduct for the Protection of Girls, Children and Teenagers in the Travel and Tourism Sector (CCN), is an instrument created by the Secretary of Tourism as a voluntary commitment by the tourism industry to protect children and adolescents against any kind of exploitation, through the implementation of 6 regulations in their establishments.
The CCN commits the social actors in the tourism industry to improving the quality of life of communities, protecting the rights of minors against sexual and labour exploitation, as well as creating awareness among tourists in order to promote the responsibilities and commitments that, in turn, project the image of safe tourism in Mexico.
Objectives of the CCN:
– Guide and engage the tourism industry in the prevention, detection and reporting of sexual and labour exploitation of children and adolescents.
– Involve social stakeholders in the implementation of actions to protect the rights of children and adolescents and contribute to improving the quality of life of communities.
– Offer an Action Protocol that establishes guidelines to identify and act in the event of a situation of sexual or labour exploitation of children or adolescents in tourist establishments, and that provides the tools required to favour coordination and communication between the government authorities and civil society actors involved in these issues and processes.
Barceló Ixtapa has joined this campaign in favour of protecting our youngest guests. Please collaborate with us in this great initiative.
Check-in time at the Barceló Ixtapa is anytime after 03.00pm, while check-out time is anytime before 12.00am. Once you have checked-out, you can still enjoy the hotel facilities at an additional cost.
The Barceló Ixtapa has parking free of charge for hotel guests.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa hotel is disabled guest friendly. Check with the hotel reception with regards to which services and facilities are adapted for wheelchairs.
No, pets are not allowed at the Barceló Ixtapa.
Yes, the Barceló Ixtapa has alternatives for guests who have food intolerances. Guests are required to communicate their needs to hotel staff in order to assess the options available.
The Wi-Fi connection is free of charge for guests at Barceló Ixtapa.
The staff of the Barceló Ixtapa will be pleased to assist you in the following languages: Spanish and English.
El Barceló Ixtapa posee servicio de habitaciones para clientes. En el hotel encontrará información sobre comida y bebida disponible, precios, horarios… Los clientes Premium Level tienen incluido el servicio de habitaciones. Consultar en el hotel.
Yes, breakfast at the Barceló Ixtapa is included in the hotel guest's accommodation.
The minimum age to enter the Barceló Ixtapa spa & wellness area is 16. Entrance to the spa is subject to an additional charge for hotel guests. Please check the rates. Children are welcome in the spa.