Route to see the Iberian lynx in Doñana, a unique experience (Half day)
|Languages||Spanish - English|
|Number of participants||Minimum 1 person - Maximum 8 people|
What the experience includes
One of the privileged inhabitants of the Doñana National Park is the Iberian lynx, considered the largest feline in the world. This activity that we propose consists of taking a guided tour to see lynx around the park. Although Doñana is usually associated with bird watching, it is also possible to admire this beautiful feline, the scarcest in the world and which has the second largest colony of Iberian lynx there.
The outings of this activity can be from half a day, about 4 hours, to full days of 8 or extraordinary days of 12 hours. Undoubtedly, a guided tour of this type in search of the Iberian lynx also allows you to enjoy the Mediterranean forest and numerous species of flora and fauna. Remember that this is not a zoo and that even if you didn't see lynxes, it would have been worth knowing the feline's habitat and the beautiful landscapes that are covered.
Doñana has around 130,000 hectares of protected area with different categories: Natural and National Park, Biosphere Reserve, Ramsar Site and SPA. This excursion takes you to get to know the Mediterranean forest area mainly, since it is where there are the most lynx. If customers request it, for an extra fee, you can also access restricted areas such as Coto del Rey or Finca del Gato, which are located between the provinces of Seville and Huelva.
In this type of activity, the instructions of the Ministry of the Environment of the Spanish government in terms of good practices in the search and observation of wildlife are strictly followed.
If you are traveling with your family group or friends and you want to take a private tour, either for 1 to 3 people or for 4 people onwards, there are special prices. But it's also possible to join a group if you're on your own.
Everything you need to know
• Departures: all year round. The best time is between December and February, when lynx mating. In summer, when females take their puppies out for a walk, it is advisable to avoid the hottest hours and make visits at dawn or dusk.
• Private tour for 1 to 3 people: 4 hours (220€), 8 hours (290€) and 12 hours (350€).
• Private tour for 4 or more people: 4 hours (55€ per person), 8 hours (75€ per person) and 12 hours (89€ per person).
• In an open group: 4 hours (55€ per person), 8 hours (75€ per person) and 12 hours (89€ per person).
• Guided activity in a 9-seater vehicle occupied by a maximum of 8 customers.
• The transfer can be managed from accommodation or meeting points in the provinces of Huelva and Seville. For longer distances, a fuel supplement is charged.